Search Unity

My first game ever, Luminia, is now on Indievania!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by gierkej, Jun 26, 2012.

1. gierkej

gierkej

2. PixelWyrm

PixelWyrm

Congrats on your game. It looks alright, but the pricing in my opinion is very high. There isn't too much that makes me feel drawn to the game. Other than that, good job

3. thesaint1987

thesaint1987

Why do people want to charge money for their first game ^^? Just make some of them, get feedback, value the feedback (which might be much more sophisticated if you are making free games) and then, when you are a good game developer, use your skill to earn money.

4. Moraleidahgo

Moraleidahgo

I agree with PixelWyrm and thesaint1987, the pricing seems very high for a first game, especially when it's still on the alpha version and the gameplay + visuals, although interesting, don't really make me want to play the game. The gameplay is just jumping around platforms looking for the right path? Anything else? And the protagonist, being a light, has any abilitys that affect gameplay?

Don't take this the wrong way, it does look interesting, but looking interesting doesn't mean a game will be sucessfull.

And if you do intend to sell your first game you should definitely try other business models. Take for example SWIFT*STITCH, a great Indie Game. The developer, Sophie Houlden, released her beta version as a free demo with 42 levels. That's a lot of levels to enjoy and understand what the game is all about. And enough to decide if it is worth to spend your money on it.

[EDITED]
    Correcting myself over here. It's not necessary to have a Pro license to sell games. My bad.

Well, at least that's my opinion.
    Good luck with your project! And don't give up. :)

P.S: To learn more about SWIFT*STITCH: http://www.sophiehoulden.com/swiftstitch-post-mortem/
    http://www.indievania.com/games/swiftstitch
    http://swiftstitch.sophiehoulden.com/demo/

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  5. Khyrid

Khyrid

I agree that it's priced a bit high for how simple it is, but if it's fun I think it's still reasonable to charge something. He should be in the 1 to 2 dollar range. But that's my opinion of what I think would be a fair price, I'm no businessman.

You should have a demo, then if people like the demo they can buy the full version.

Consider adding a few things to mix the game up.

6. LucasDaltro

LucasDaltro

Man,you can do commercial games in the free version too.

7. Moraleidahgo

Moraleidahgo

Lucas Daltro,
    Thanks for the heads up man, didn't know that. :)
    By the way, it's nice to see a fellow brazilian here in the forums.

8. Boss

Boss

Cool game, i understand your jumpen into buisness, however if you want my oppinion if your gonna charge for your first games , charge low. Great job though!

9. wheelbarrow

wheelbarrow

Great idea, looks great, and love the music. Well done :)

10. LucasDaltro

LucasDaltro

Yeah,since unidev became low traffic that's better place for the brazilian gamedev community