So, you may have been watching over our progress in our prealpha stage over in this thread, but now we're happy to announce that Retroformer is in it's alpha stage of development!
You can find all the play and download links on our website, here (clicky)Retroformer is our all new puzzler/platformer, being developed for Mac, PC and web, with planned ports to iOS and Android in the future.
Retroformer features retro style 16x16 graphics and an easy to grasp playstyle, with features being added daily.
Retroformer's main feature is the ability to create totally custom maps using any image editor you have at hand. Simply use our colour reference guide to create your map pixel by pixel, and upload it into Retroformer by URL to play right away! Please note your level file must be a .PNG and has a few requirements, detailed on our website.
Webplayer link (v0.1.0e) here (clicky)
Next 3 planned updates:
-new editor UI in place
-systems recode finished
-in game music loops start to be implemented
-error messages when import fails
-0 grav areas
-Add more blocks
-bomb + weak areas to blow through
-Key counter done
Thanks for looking!Controls
Game: Left and right arrows to move the player to left and right. Spacebar to jump, climb and swim up.
- Click the Editor button in the Main menu to go to the editor.
- Set the resolution of the new level by clicking the numbers in the editor. First row is the width, second the height of the level.
- Click New level to create a new level.
- Click Import and type an URL to a level image file to import an level to the editor.
- Right click to place a block.
- Shift + Right click to delete a block.
- Left click to select a block from the selection menu on the left.
- ScrollWheel or the vertical bar on the right of the menu to examine the selection menu on the left.
- Shift + ScrollWheel to scroll through the blocks.
- Left cllick + Move the cursor to the side of the screen to pan the camera.
- WASD to pan the camera.
- Menu-Edit Level_Name_Here to change the name of the level.
- Menu-Export to export the level.
- Menu-Main menu to jump to the main menu.