Search Unity

Lens flare field of view

Discussion in 'Wish List' started by eskovas, Jun 24, 2012.

1. eskovas

eskovas

Hello,

I think many people agree with me that the lens flares could have a field of view component.
    I know there are ways to make this effect but it requires to use colliders around the lens flare object but i can't quite achieve that effect due to some problems with sincronization (i don't know), but it would be way better if we had a field of view option for this and a strength option.

Here is an example of the strength option:
    If the field of view is [-90,90] and the strength is [-80,80] then lens flare would fade it's strength to 0% to 100% in those 10º.

Hope you understand this idea :)
    Please tell me if this is possible and if this can be added in a future update of Unity, i don't think it would be too difficult to implement this.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  2. Cameron_SM

Cameron_SM

Nothing stopping you from doing this with a few lines of code yourself.

I'd rather the Unity devs focus their time on other things.

3. eskovas

eskovas

I already made a script that does this effect, but it would be better implemented directly into the flare component inside unity. It would probably be more efficient and woudn't need to have a script attached to the object.
    I'm just saying that it would be a feature that everyone would like, and if implemented directly into Unity, it would be very efficient.

4. Elecman

Elecman

1+ for this. I agree it should be build in.