Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Lens flare field of view

Discussion in 'Wish List' started by eskovas, Jun 24, 2012.

1. eskovas

eskovas

Hello,

I think many people agree with me that the lens flares could have a field of view component.
    I know there are ways to make this effect but it requires to use colliders around the lens flare object but i can't quite achieve that effect due to some problems with sincronization (i don't know), but it would be way better if we had a field of view option for this and a strength option.

Here is an example of the strength option:
    If the field of view is [-90,90] and the strength is [-80,80] then lens flare would fade it's strength to 0% to 100% in those 10º.

Hope you understand this idea :)
    Please tell me if this is possible and if this can be added in a future update of Unity, i don't think it would be too difficult to implement this.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  2. Cameron_SM

Cameron_SM

Nothing stopping you from doing this with a few lines of code yourself.

I'd rather the Unity devs focus their time on other things.

3. eskovas

eskovas

I already made a script that does this effect, but it would be better implemented directly into the flare component inside unity. It would probably be more efficient and woudn't need to have a script attached to the object.
    I'm just saying that it would be a feature that everyone would like, and if implemented directly into Unity, it would be very efficient.

4. Elecman

Elecman

1+ for this. I agree it should be build in.