I am very new to Unity, but I have been searching for a while for an inexpensive/free game engine that could help me develop a MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) type game which would function similarly to DOTA or League of Legends. Obviously I am inexperienced, and the project in question would be years in the making and require a team, but I was hoping someone with years of Unity experience could tell me if the desired functions below are possible to develop in Unity:
I would need:
1) Multiplayer/team-based play-style capabilities with matchmaking queues, friend lists, and chat rooms
2) An aerial third-person game camera which could float freely around the map by moving the mouse cursor to the edge of the screen, but which could also snap back to and track a user's character on command.
3) A highly-customizable user interface for features such as item slots, menus that allow the re-allocation of ability hotkeys, and a navigable minimap with live updates on character positions and other activity.
4) A dynamic map which could change shape over the course of a game
5) Efficient pathfinding for characters controlled by right-clicking on a desired location. This means the ability to navigate terrain and find the best path to a location based on the position of obstacles.
6) Other MOBA-type elements such as health bars and levels with ability scaling, effects such as stuns, snares, fears, silences, etc...
This is a fairly complex set of functions I want to include. If Unity is not the right software for this sort of thing, could someone let me know a better program I should get my hands on. Assume for the moment that I don't care about the cost.