Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

I Need help with some scripts

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Deygus, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Deygus

Deygus

I'm putting together a war game and I need some help on the programming for it. I'm not sure what all is involved and if anything is needed or required to develop the script please let me know so I can get on it pronto or at least if someone could point me in the right direction for development on this. You can also reach me on skype - Deygus if you're interested in collaborating with me on this project or other projects that will be coming.

1) I need a tank script for enter/exit/fire and movement/turret and machine gun turret. I would also like it to be able to seat 2 people - One for the driver and missile fire and the Two being the second player for manning the machine gun that would sit on top. On top of this I will also need one for a jeep, a plane, a helicopter, and a fourwheeler. All of them I would like to seat 2 people except the jeep and helicopter which will seat 2 main players for movement/guns and be able to carry 2 extra passengers.

2) I need a script that can cause buildings to fall apart. I don't need something too complex but I just want some destruction available such as bulletholes, cracks, sections missing when shot at and parts that fall off and leave the buildings wide open and/or crumbling down to nothing standing there anymore and such.

3) I'm going to need some weapon scripts for pickup/drop/fire and throw grenade/select grenade type. I also would like to have a script for enter/exiting a freestanding weapon such as a mounted machine gun which I will create 3 different types of this for the game.

2. Warrior1424

Warrior1424

Have you tried reading some tutorials or looking at the scripting reference?

3. Deygus

Deygus

Actually I still have no team going yet so i've been mostly doing alot of this on my own. I'm almost done with the first character that will be ready for rigging. It took me a good while to figure out alot of this but i've slowly been figuring and learning alot of this to get it up and running. I started kinda late due to limited time of doing it on my own (not as motivating as it would be in a group) but lately i've started picking up speed and getting it where I want it to be as best I can while going through tutorials that I come across but I still don't know everything.

I also found a sight to interactively teach me javascript, php, boo, python and more so I've slowly started with javascript for now even though I don't quite understand it all the way yet but i'll get there one way or another. I'm not exactly sure which is best to work with in Unity at the moment though but i'll figure it out.

I've also already got a buncha models and props put together already but I still have to paint alot of them.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013