Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Shroud Cloth Physics plugin now available on the Asset Store

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by CloakWorks, Jun 20, 2012.

1. twigs192

twigs192

Did you:

1. Create an empty object in Unity and tag it as "Shroud Manager" with the Shroud Manager script attached?

2. Create a transformation point on your rig?

3. When you click play and go into the hierarchy, search for "shroud mesh". If it comes up in the results (wile still in play mode) double click it and it'll zoom in to wherever it is on the map. When you don't assign it a transformation point it can get lost in the map lol

Also, when you apply the shroud instance, don't put .txt as an extension (in unity). It knows what it is, just type "Shroudnameofobject.cwf"

*note you must have changed it in windows explorer to something.cwf.txt but not in Unity3d.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  2. Guideborn

Guideborn

Thanks for taking the time to answer. I've done all except create a transformation point on the rig, which is a step I didn't notice in the tutorial video. Do you mind sharing with me how to do that? I'm not familiar with the term.

In Play Mode, I couldn't find anything named "shroud mesh".

I'm also getting:

DllNotFoundException: ShroudUnityPlugin
    ShroudInstance.OnDestroy () (at Assets/ShroudPlugin/Scripts/ShroudInstance.cs:295)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  3. twigs192

twigs192

Ah, I think I see your problem. Move the shroud.dll plugin to your PLUGINS folder located in ASSETS. That step was actually in the documentation but a lot of people forget that step (including me the first time I used shroud). Try that first and lemme know if it's working.

When you download and import the shroud plugin it puts it into a folder called shroud, move it out of there.

4. Guideborn

Guideborn

The ShroudUnityPlugin.dll is in a folder named PLUGINS.

ProjectName->Assets->ShroudPlugin->Plugins

I never had to move it. Is this correct?

Edit: Ok, I got it simulating. I took the Plugins folder and put it directly into Assets. However, my simulation is sort of scrunching up. I changed the blending settings but nothing seems to change. Weird!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  5. twigs192

twigs192

If you want, Export the scene into a package and upload it so I can see what it's doing

6. Guideborn

Guideborn

I'll PM you it,

7. HonoraryBob

HonoraryBob

How many differences are there between this plugin and Unity's built-in cloth?

8. twigs192

twigs192

@ HonorayBob
    Edit, sorry I read your post wrong. Unity's built in cloth is dated and creating a rig around a character using skinned mesh is horrid. Shroud fixes many of these issues

9. HonoraryBob

HonoraryBob

Yes, I've noticed that Unity's cloth has some problems, although it seems to work well for certain things. Would Shroud (or, for that matter, Unity's cloth) be feasible for something like the clothing in the following video of the upcoming game "Kingdom Come: Deliverance", especially around 0;56 where the woman's tunic has numerous realistic folds that seem to be generated from the physics code: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWQn10s_QJM

10. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Had to move it to Assets forum. Great looking asset.

11. lazygunn

lazygunn

I was looking into shroud a lot a few weeks back and i did realise that its relatively old, so discounted it, but that hair really does make it worth a look-in

12. twigs192

twigs192

If anyone wants the hair rig I made using the basic version of Shroud you can download it off my VK profile. Remember to remove the .txt extension when importing it into shroud and adding it back when bringing it into Unity3d:

First post on my wall on VK you'll find both rigs: http://vk.com/twiggy_ua

put them in the exact same position and add both in the shroud manager object. Don't forget to tag the manager!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  13. thilina098

thilina098

Hi CloakWorks,

I'm working on a football game and want to simulate goal net physics. I currently use Interactive Cloth and it has few glitches at the moment (i.e. if the ball moving at a high speed or if the ball is moving close to a collider which the cloth attached to, The ball just simply passes through the net) .

Could you let me know whether I can use your plugin to simulate this goal net without the above issues ?

14. JohnUseUnity

JohnUseUnity

hi,@CloakWorks
    Excuse me,could you tell me how to use shroud studio basic version to simulate clothing in uinty

15. anelyasg

anelyasg

Hello everyone!
    I am working on virtual dressing room using Kinect in Unity3D. For cloth simulation i am using shroud studio plugin, but the problem is that the garment models do not scale. How can i fix this? :):

16. ecurtz

ecurtz

17. JohnUseUnity

JohnUseUnity

hi,I have also the same project with you--virtual dressing room.The problem is exactly the same.However,I have no idea of what to do next.Could you tell me the thread of your working sechdule or just give me a hand on information collection?Thanks for your help.

18. W1lliam

W1lliam

Hi i have the same problem Guideborn has my mesh is partialy simulated an partially skinned the simulated part looks good an behaves like it should but the non simulated part is all messed up.. the topology just got crazy how do i fix that?

Attached Files:

19. W1lliam

W1lliam

problem here... my mesh is partialy simulated an partially skinned the simulated part looks good an behaves like it should but the non simulated part is all messed up.. the topology just got crazy how do i fix that?

Attached Files:

20. chrismarch

chrismarch

Does shroud change the object space vertex positions as they are given to vertex shaders on the Shroud Mesh? Or, does it change _Object2World for those meshes? My vertex shader does not work correctly when it compares the root of _Object2World with v.vertex (argument object space vert to vertex shader function). This problem goes away if I disable shroud for that mesh.

21. kieec

kieec

Any news for the 64-bit unity plugin? Thanks!:)