Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Autumnal Nature Pack [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Killstar, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Killstar

Killstar

AUTUMNAL NATURE PACK

Link to Shop

Package contains:

- 36 fully editable trees and bushes
    - 10 other plants (corn, flowers. etc)
    - 33 textures of bark, leaves and branches
    - 55 additional objects (walls, buildings, park elements etc.)
    - 18 textures of grass
    - 14 high-quality ground textures
    - 9 types of rocks and boulders
    - 7 autumn skyboxes
    - 7 particles (leaves, flies, fog etc.)
    - 5 high quality demo scenes

Screenshots (click)
    [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10]

Webplayer demo coming soon

Enjoy! :)

... and Especially thanks to Larsbertram ,

2. UNITY3D_TEAM

UNITY3D_TEAM

3. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Beautiful as always!

Now if there was one thing I wish unity would do is to make this kind of assets work well on mobile, it would surely help promote unity.
    Just need a fast shader for unity trees for mobile. anyway thanks for making this great pack available!

4. makeshiftwings

makeshiftwings

This looks amazing. I love screenshot 3 and 4.

Do the demo scenes include all the locations in the movie?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  5. Killstar

Killstar

Yes, I'm waiting for it. But the alpha on the mobiles is not very effective. Especially on the iPhone. I tested it on Samsung Galaxy too.
    and It seems to me that graphics card in the Samsung is much better. Although alpha sorting decrease performance. I don't know how it looks on other devices like HTC, LG etc.

Sure, inside You'll find 5 scens from the video

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  6. Avanger

Avanger

Excelent Killstart you make unity be Unreal Engine

7. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

8. Pulov

Pulov

That video is , is , is beautifull. The kind of stuff I would use to directly showcase the engine itself. Bravo.

9. Killstar

Killstar

Thanks for the good words :) Unity may be isn't an ideal engine but it offers some solutions that don't have CryEngine or UDK - for example webplayer and simplicity.

10. mk1978

mk1978

The video is just excellent. The quality of the assets is incredible, just like the original Nature Pack!

A couple of questions about the quality of the video and the workflow to capture it. What was the screen recording software that you used and did you use some video editor to edit/save the file to some other format? Also, what is the file size of the movie?

11. sleglik

sleglik

Killstar may I ask you to add demo scene to Nature pack?

12. Tekniko

Tekniko

Just had to comment. BEAUTIFUL work! Keep them coming, you are very talented.

13. Killstar

Killstar

@ sleglik: I have a small problem, because my old HD crashed. I do not have this package now, but will try to recover from other sources. Then I think I'll create a demo
    @ mk1978: Fraps -> After FX (or other) ->*.mov file (H.264 coder, about 600 mb)
    @ Tekniko: thanks :)

14. moctezumagames

moctezumagames

awesome! except for the fountain water, I see nothing that can be even improved.

15. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Get a backup system in place today! hope you did not lose much, this happened also to the terrain edge author.
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/118820-TerrainEdge-3-(need-testers-feedback-ideas-etc)

16. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

brilliant!

lars

17. vinzzzunity

vinzzzunity

18. lod3

lod3

Edit: Fixed. There was a conflict with your scripts and Unity's standard assets, so I had to delete some stuff to get rid of errors.

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  19. lod3

lod3

@Killstar

Do you have a more simple, diffuse-only, 2-sided alpha shader for your grass and plants? My project doesn't use Unity's terrain, so I'll have to export foliage as OBJ. But your current Enviro/2-sided Bumped Specular is overkill for this purpose, in terms of performance, and it's currently the only shader I have that makes the grass and plants work properly.

20. im

im

hi happy holidays, thanks for the new release and for the winter sale items :)

im getting long list (82) exceptions as soon as i import this asset

"Mismatched serialization in the builtin class 'Mesh'. (Read n bytes but expected n+1 bytes)"

so what gives, why is it always reading one (1) byte less or why is it always expecting one (1) byte more

please fix so that the asset does not throw nothing but the above exception...

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  21. Killstar

Killstar

Did you use the new version 1.1? Yesterday I did update to version 4.2 of Unity

22. EwanRGR

EwanRGR

irst off, a lovely pack that I am looking forward to using the heck out of. I created a new project, pulled in your package, made a copy of your Demo 4 scene, removed the animation script from your camera, added a simple rigid body sphere, added a C# script to control the sphere, and added "Smooth Follow" to the camera.

What I expected to happen was to "drive" around the demo space. Instead, the sphere dutifully rolls wherever the slope takes it. Camera diligently follows it.

So I'm wondering if there is some setting for the demo scenes that blocks keyboard input (I normally can just drive with my arrow keys)? Or perhaps Unity doesn't like mixing C# and Javascript scripts?

The other oddity was that the sphere went right through a fence post. Do I need to go through and add colliders to everything or are they supposed to already be there?

23. EwanRGR

EwanRGR

Tried rebuilding my project to make sure there were no extra Unity scripts or prefabs, and this time noticed a number of the following errors:

Mismatched serialization in the builtin class 'Mesh'. (Read 178740 bytes but expected 178741 bytes)

Mismatched serialization in the builtin class 'Mesh'. (Read 29424 bytes but expected 29425 bytes)

etc.

I noticed that earlier in the thread someone mentioned running into the same, and I gather a rebuild of the packages took care of it. Does that indicate that needs to happen again, or... ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

24. EwanRGR

EwanRGR

So it turned out that the issue was the starting point in Demo 4 is rather up hill. So I had to add a multiplier to get the ball rolling where I wanted (i.e. the physics was swamping my force input). The follow script (default one from Unity) started swinging rather violently though, so obviously I still have to come up with a camera script that will follow appropriately. If there's any of them you would suggest...

Still trying to figure out what's up with the colliders, and the Mesh messages.

25. TopThreat

TopThreat

I had the same problem with the errors. Also, I can't get it to work right in Linear lighting at all. Trees are all grey and all sorts of other issues :(

26. EwanRGR

EwanRGR

As yet I can't tell if the errors actually "mean" anything or not. So I am not too worried at the moment, though I'd want to find out before I try to package up for my first level demo. Found that the issue with the Smooth Follow script is that it appears to be using a different scale, and so the dampening was actually making things worse. Once I set the dampen options to 0.01 it got pretty solid. So I'm getting closer.

Still working to figure out why I go through things rather than bump into them.

For linear lighting, which of the demo scenes are you trying this with, and with which other lights? Also are you on Pro or Free? It appears there are (as was shown in the store so no big surprise) several options for doing stuff with this that won't work in the Free version.

27. TopThreat

TopThreat

Pro version and it affects all of the demos. It's just an issue with Linear which happens to have an impact on my project since I am using Linear and Deferred lighting as well. I will probably just remove the asset from my project at this point and try to find an alternative - a real shame since this is so beautiful when it works properly.

28. melkior

melkior

Hello

I'm having the same problem with the errors regarding serialization:

"Mismatched serialization in the builtin class 'Mesh'. (Read 53544 bytes but expected 53545 bytes)"

I also happen to be using linear lighting; I'm not sure if that's actually whats causing it or not still trying to see if I can fix it in my project.

I had used this in a previous project with no issues but in Unity 4.2

I'm now on Unity 4.5 and having the problem

29. melkior

melkior

So I deleted all the plants and found the error went away for a day...

Then the next day when I started the project back up I have the error again!

Funny though despite getting the error again everything looks okay??

30. melkior

melkior

31. TechiTech

TechiTech

It wont import into unity 5.

can you confirm it works with Unity 5?

Thanks

32. QFGlenn

QFGlenn

ProgrammingGOLD.jpg
    Another wonderful asset from Manufactura K4. Looks just like autumn. I'll tell you when the weather gets cooler, and the trees change color, you can really tell when Autumn is here when the very edges of the branches and leaves turn BRIGHT BLUE.

So realistic guys, great job. Everyone is going to love my game and these beautiful blue outlined trees and leaves. If any of you Unity devs out there are frustrated at the lack of realistic thick color outlines around the leaves and branches of your terrain trees, and you're looking to make your game look like this:
    Iguessitsgoodenough.jpg
    Then look no further! Spend money on this asset! Import it into your scene, add a first person controller and just have a ball! You'll never be more sure that you made the right purchase when you look anywhere else than the perfectly framed origin point of each scene.

This pack would probably be great for 2D Visual Novels, you could spend a few hours searching to find a place where the visuals don't glitch and take a screenshot.

The best part is in the Windmill Scene the water changes color just like in real life! It goes from a regular looking pond to a beautiful bright and vibrant green, shown below: Laziness.jpg
    That color change is made, NO SCRIPTING OR CODING REQUIRED, that's absolutely free folks. It's specifically designed to happen frequently at complete random depending on what angle you view the pond at. Now that's what I call realism!

33. melkior

melkior

@Glenn Lusk , hey buddy there's a high probability that's due to the engine differences in Unity 4 and Unity 5. You might need to adjust the shader properties a bit and lower down the specular/metallic values is my guess.

I'm using this asset pack in Unity 5 and it does not have this problem.

EDIT:

Took a screenshot of the project I have with some of these assets in the shot .. note some are from this pack and others from different packs so its mix and match in this shot:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
    QFGlenn likes this.
  34. QFGlenn

QFGlenn

Hey fella, thanks for the reply. I'll definitely have to change something, because as it stands now, this won't work. There's nothing in the documentation about how to adjust the pack to look better in U5 after the update. It doesn't say anything on the store page about these U5 issues. I truly do like Manufactura K4 environments, which is why this one surprised me. They are typically a cut above the rest, or at least a starting point.

35. Hikiko66

Hikiko66

Tree creator problem with unity 5.

http://issuetracker.unity3d.com/iss...rate-white-spots-with-deferred-rendering-path

If you want to fix it in the interim:
    You have to increase the shadow map texture of your tree to Max Size 1024.
    It's annoying.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    QFGlenn likes this.
  36. QFGlenn

QFGlenn

All of the shadow maps are 1024. I'll continue to troubleshoot this and worse comes to worse resort to forward rendering, but I'll have to remove the water in the windmill scene completely.

37. EwanRGR

EwanRGR

Understand your concern, but they appear to be MIA since at least May. Whether that is because they are working to address Unity 5 or gave up the ship is a different question. Would suggest letting Unity know they might want to pull this from the Asset Store if you are so inclined. Having mainly used it with 4 I feel I got my money's worth out of it, but if I got the kind of images you were showing and assuming your card or other payment choice was actually charged, I could certainly understand wanting some assurances you will be able to do the same.

QFGlenn likes this.
  38. QFGlenn

QFGlenn

Not sure what that means. We bought the asset and it let us download it if that's what you're saying.

@EwanRGR I saw earlier you were wondering how to be able to "roam" around the scenes, what I did was take the animation off the camera and make an empty child of it. Unparent it and make the camera a child, and finally add a FPS Controller script from the standard assets and set the parameters (or how fast you'd like to move and how high you can jump-don't forget to add to the gravity multiplier!)

I found a terrible workaround (it works but I don't like it) switch from deferred to forward, and remove some of the post effects, and then you have a bunch of scenes perfect for a Playstation 2 or Gamecube game! The downside is your scene will look like trash, the upside is think of how many devices those scenes will work on!

For the water, there's an issue with the script. You can either edit it, or you can put the water on something other than the default layer.

39. EwanRGR

EwanRGR

What I meant was that sometimes there is a delay between the store accepting that you bought something and the actual charge going through. If the charge hasn't gone through you can see about a refund. Either way you can choose to ask Unity to remove a package from the asset store or to at least relabel it if you wish. Not sure how much trouble you want to go through on that :)

For my uses I was able to delete the default camera and then it just became a choice of where I wanted to put a camera and with what other settings. Amusingly enough, I had fewer issues with the free version of Unity than the paid, I presume because many of the post effects were unavailable. Of course I also replaced several of the particle effects with my own, and played around with sky boxes and lighting in ways that possibly also helped avoid the issues you have discovered. In all of that I only used Unity 4 as I wouldn't expect/trust something that had not been specifically updated for 5 to work. Whether someone will put together a similar package for 5, or the author will suddenly reappear and make the necessary changes to this one is an open question.

QFGlenn likes this.
  40. EwanRGR

EwanRGR

It would appear the reason we haven't been hearing from them on here is that they have now moved over to the Unreal Marketplace:
    https://www.unrealengine.com/profile/Manufactura K4

So suspect you can consider any of their kits here to be abandoned. Though if you wanted to post a message to them over there you might at least get an answer.

41. EwanRGR

EwanRGR

FWIW, I just tried to pull the package into Unity 5.3. About 115 script errors although most of them seem to do with depreciated APIs used in ways the automatic "fixer" can't decipher. Guess it's time to file that request after all.