Unity Community

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1. Posts

Is this(uniswf) new?

i have just seen this.

i searched the forums but no trace. this seems very nice and usefull. if only there was an evaluation version...

2. Location
    Newton, Massachusetts
    I just noticed it yesterday. There aren't any reviews or discussions about it, so I would assume it is new. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a webplayer, so we can't test it out.
    OliverSimon
    About: Homepage (soon)
    Projects: Exilium | LD22 | LD24 | LD26 | VoicePack: FPS & Fighter

3. Location
    United Kingdom - Manchester
    Quote Originally Posted by rab236 View Post
    I just noticed it yesterday. There aren't any reviews or discussions about it, so I would assume it is new. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a webplayer, so we can't test it out.
    http://uniswf.com/home/demo

4. Posts
    Looks very interesting...

5. Location
    Victoria Australia
    WooHoo looks great if only i had $250 to get it
    Maybe you can help me work out how to smooth my planetary gravity!

Quote Originally Posted by hippocoder View Post
    Calm down, you're posting all kinds of nonsense that makes no sense. I suggest you post less, and follow http://unity3d.com/learn tutorials.

6. Location
    Italy
    Ehi cool!
    Looks very very interesting.. If someone tried it, please write a review about -_^

Btw: no "official" thread?
    --
    ALberto Doriguzzi Bozzo > mrKaizen

Co-Creator of Moffee™'s Galeone Oscillante™

Working on :
    COLOSSUS ESCAPE, fantasy action runner with super moves -- THE BODY CHANGER, action adv with survival elements

My indie team:http://www.theshortandthetall.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/mr_kaizen

7. Posts
    The demo is VERY slow. Dead Space itself runs faster than the demo of this thing. Just me?
    Please use [code][/code] tags when posting code. Otherwise rapid eye bleeding can occur.

8. Location
    Seoul. KR
    @Morning It worked fine with my sandybridge iMac. With Mac mini, it plays extremely slow.. so I wonder it is because the TPS character and the rendering the possibly non optimized 3d environment. But at least the UI (maybe the plugin's part) works fine even on Mac mini.

I hope someone tries it... or at least it would be great having more web examples. Seeing the screenshots and documents it looks very promising though.
    Last edited by crystani; 06-14-2012 at 06:28 AM.

9. Location
    Zürich, Switzerland
    Nope its slow and the UI is rather unresponsive as it seems.

Also going by the features I'm not sure what it does actually. It sounds like it imports the SWF and generates geometry for the movie while the logic itself still has to be done in Unity etc, potentially having the timeline transitions taken over and then has basic UI elements (I didn't see a textbox for input for example, so is there none or is this just due to the demo? Also with this performance on my MBP2011 on a Core i7 and radeon I'm unsure its gonna run fluent on mobile at all)

But I've to say that their API looks rather nice and straight forward

10. Location
    Italy
    Quote Originally Posted by crystani View Post
    I hope someone try it... or at least it would be great having more web examples.
    I agree.
    Works well on my old win pc ( Intel core 2 duo CPU, 3.00Ghz, 4 G ram, ATI radeon HD 3400).
    --
    ALberto Doriguzzi Bozzo > mrKaizen

Co-Creator of Moffee™'s Galeone Oscillante™

Working on :
    COLOSSUS ESCAPE, fantasy action runner with super moves -- THE BODY CHANGER, action adv with survival elements

My indie team:http://www.theshortandthetall.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/mr_kaizen

11. Location
    Seoul. KR
    I have played a 2d demo name zmash (http://uniswf.com/home/demo/name/zmash), and it works fine with my mac mini. It shows 50+ zombies made with flash (inferring that from their screenshots on the store) and it runs quite smoothly. The 3d TPS demo works worse than that though, so I guess it is because the scene is not optimized at all. (with 4 or more dynamic lights.)

12. Location
    Utah
    You need Flash Professional alongside this right? If so that's $250 + $699 for a UI solution in Unity. Unless you are already a Flash developer this seems kind of silly.

13. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VeraxOdium View Post
    You need Flash Professional alongside this right? If so that's $250 + $699 for a UI solution in Unity. Unless you are already a Flash developer this seems kind of silly.
    If you can't afford it then this product isn't for you.
    Please use [code][/code] tags when posting code. Otherwise rapid eye bleeding can occur.

14. Location
    USA
    I guess there are some free flash-creation apps out there. But $250 to me seems a bit steep if all it does is import and play flash, albeit somewhat slowly? Still if it works I'm sure some people will find it useful.
    - ImaginaryHuman -

NEW Mouse Path Animator - Mouse movement recording/playback - only $15!
    NEW Animated Dissolves for Shader Forge - Starting at $10!
    NEW Refract2D - Realtime refractions, reflections, image-based lighting, image distortions - ON SALE $25!
    Also Gradient Shader Pack - Realtime-generated animatable gradients - $20.
    Also Shader Wizard - CG Shader Generator including photoshop-style multi-texturing - $20.
    Also Texture Helper - procedural texture/pixmap-handling scripts - $10.

15. Location
    Utah
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning View Post
    If you can't afford it then this product isn't for you.
    LoL, great argument. Really though $1000 for UI? What does it do that is so special to justify that cost? You can get NGUI off the asset store for $45 that works just fine.

16. Posts
    LoL, great argument. Really though $1000 for UI? What does it do that is so special to justify that cost? You can get NGUI off the asset store for $45 that works just fine.
    I don't see what you're trying to say. If you can get NGUI for $45 then go ahead, what's the problem?

17. Location
    Utah
    I don't see what you're trying to say. If you can get NGUI for $45 then go ahead, what's the problem?
    I'm asking why is this product worth spending $950 on (if you don't already have flash pro) for UI when there are much, much cheaper alternatives. What makes it that much better? To each his own I don't care what people spend their money on I'm just curious what is so special about it to justify the high cost?

18. Location
    Estonia
    He's trying to understand why it's so expensive. It's called discussion.

19. Location
    Seoul. KR
    Compare Scaleform with this.

Scaleform for unity will be likely much more expensive than this because it is for AAA. If uniswf works as promised, I am so sure that it could be just much better than Scaleform because scaleform runs separately. (using hooking or so: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=wpfafJcEOhQ)

20. Location
    New Jersey
    I'm asking why is this product worth spending $950 on (if you don't already have flash pro) for UI when there are much, much cheaper alternatives. What makes it that much better? To each his own I don't care what people spend their money on I'm just curious what is so special about it to justify the high cost?
    It's all about time. As someone who regularly works with outsourced art for UI stuff, there are significantly more talented, inexpensive artists out there with flash experience than with Unity experience. My time, as a programmer, also needs to be taken into consideration when it comes to the overall cost of a product.

Currently my workflow is an artist creates the UI elements, cuts them up into PNG's, and I rebuild them in Unity in whatever 2D engine I'm working out of currently. If I could cut down the time I have to spend rebuilding GUI's in Unity and increase the comfort level of the artists I work with - that's an enormous, cost saving win-win. It could easily pay for itself within a single client project cycle, but I'd need to really dive through the API before making a purchasing decision.

Now that the price has been reduced to $250, the barrier for entry is low enough to be more reckless in our evaluation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast