Search Unity

A Maze Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by FredericRP, Jun 7, 2012.

1. FredericRP

FredericRP

I posted on the Works-In-Progress section but perhaps I should have posted on this section, I don't know what fits best : I'm working on a kit that will help to generate, edit and build mazes from the unity editor. This tool is splitted in three panels :
    - maze generator : generate a maze from several configurable algorithms
    - maze inspector : edit the generated maze from within the inspector, using a 2D map, easy to edit
    - maze builder : build a maze in the 3D world from models you chose

It's not fully complete yet, but I recorded a navigation to show a scene made with this kit, and I would like to know what do you expect from a kit like this ? I will share some screenshots of the tool asap.
    (Models and music from this movie will be included also in this package)

Have a look at the video :

A screenshot of the maze inspector :

2. RoyS

RoyS

I would be interested in this. Especially for Android.

3. XavLar

XavLar

Hi! this looks really nice, just the thing I was looking to make learning process, do you plan to sell this Maze gen for quiet a bit of money, or free Open source? Also what makes your Maze gen different to other's which are free and open source on Unity forums?

4. FredericRP

FredericRP

Algorithms and models are optimized so it's not an issue if you use them on a mobile platform.
    However, substances are used in the demo scene so you can't build it for mobiles. Substances generate textures and I will check how to make a mobile demo scene also.

5. FredericRP

FredericRP

> MysticWorks : thanks for the compliment. I plan to sell this kit even if the algorithms can be found on the internet, this kit brings some stuff that's not included in the other generator, some example :
    - right from the unity editor, with only one click you can generate an entire maze.
    - parameters (depth of a tree, dimensions of the maze, other specific parameters for some algorithms) are also modifiable from the inspector
    - modify the mazes that have been generated from the algorithms within the inspector
    - update easily the built maze in the 3D world
    - included prefabs and background music so you can build a game with only this kit
    - models that can be used in a FPS or a TPS

6. FredericRP

FredericRP

Here's a new video showing how it's easy to create a level from scratch or from a simple configurable algorithm.
    I had to partially refactor the whole thing so it's more efficient and manageable for new algorithms, but it has been delayed a little. :roll:

7. mike274

mike274

That really looks awesome! I know you mentioned a rollback of release, but any idea when it might be completed? This is awesome!!

8. FredericRP

FredericRP

Thanks ! If no more surprise comes up, it should be available by the end of september/first half of october.

9. FredericRP

FredericRP

The project will be a little delayed as we are not entirely satisfied yet with the quality of the whole package and it need more work. In the meantime, enjoy this new screenshot of the tool during testing !

Attached Files:

10. darmie

darmie

This is cool, though it is still work in progress can you please share the plugin? As I am currently working on a game and I need an efficient maze kit like this! Thanks!

11. FredericRP

FredericRP

Hello,

I'll try to do something shortly so it can be available in a alpha or beta version if you want. Do you know which part is the most interesting for you ? Building mazes from script (without the 3D editor) or making quickly levels from your prefabs in the Unity 3D editor maybe ?