Search Unity

Cloud System Free

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Dantus, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Dantus

Dantus

The Cloud System Free is now available in the asset store. The tools are identical to the Cloud System, but the best renderers are missing.
    We have been asked frequently if there is a possibility to test the Cloud System without the need to buy it yet. With this free edition, everyone has become the opportunity to test it. You can test if the performance is good enough to use it in your mobile game or if the tools are production ready. If the Cloud System Free is sufficient for your needs, you may even use that version in your application.

Upgrade Note:
    If you upgrade your Cloud System Free to 1.7 or newer, make sure to delete Assets/Plugins/Editor/CloudSystem/CloudSystem.Editor.dll.

Questions about the Cloud System are supposed be asked in this thread.

Please write reviews or rate it in the Asset Store!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  2. MarigoldFleur

MarigoldFleur

Wow, this is really robust, especially as a free version. By any chance, does the paid version come with shaders that allow me to adjust their alpha levels?

3. UNITY3D_TEAM

UNITY3D_TEAM

thanks for giving this free .im waiting more free from u thanks for sharing

4. Dantus

Dantus

@MarigoldFleur, you can already change the transparency of each cloud by changing the Tint's alpha in the Cloud Mode. If you want to modify the transparency using a shader, you may have a look at the Cloud Lightning shader. Just change the alpha of the Main Color.

5. Dantus

Dantus

Reviews and ratings are welcome in the Asset Store :)

6. Dantus

Dantus

7. dbora

dbora

I'm not having any luck in finding out if iOS is supported by this tool. Is it supported? I'm currently getting a cross-compiling error which leads me to believe that it will not support an iPhone app.

8. Dantus

Dantus

Last time I compiled the sky cloud scene for iOS I didn't have any issues. As there is no (or very little) technical difference between the Cloud System and Cloud System Free, I would prefer it if you aks the question in the Cloud System thread. It is a lot easier to find answers like that in a central place.
    To answer you question I will need a few additional informations:
    - Have you tried to compile a basic scene just with a cloud?
    - Which Unity version are you using?
    - Have you changed any of the default compilation options in Unity?

9. dreamknight7

dreamknight7

Thanks you. :p