Search Unity

Destructible Mesh Glass With Physics

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by brilliantgames, May 29, 2012.

1. brilliantgames

brilliantgames

Simple Solution
    Here is a simple and useful asset for any game. Who doesn't need glass in their game? Who wouldn't want glass to be destructible in their game? Well I know I need both, which is why I designed a simple solution for destructible window style glass for a very reasonable price. Just drag and drop the fully rigged glass prefab into your scene and watch it function according to the basic laws of physics. Destroy the glass whenever you like, as many times as you like, with the "Shatter" function. You can reset the glass back to normal in real time as well. Have your glass react to physics, breaking when an object that is heavy enough/moving fast enough to break it. You can control the physics through one single stat, "Withstandingforce". The withstanding force takes into account the weight of the object hitting it, with the speed that it is moving. This package also includes custom designed high fidelity glass sound fx! Here is your one and only, simple and destructible glass solution.

Now live on the Asset Store! http://u3d.as/content/brilliant-game-studios/destructible-glass/2ZU

TRY THE INTERACTIVE WEB DEMO!
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65183439/Destructable glass demo/WebPlayer/WebPlayer.html

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  2. Sir-Tiddlesworth

Sir-Tiddlesworth

That is cool. I would buy that for sure.
    How much are you planning to release it for?

3. homeros

homeros

I liked that it doesn't use much cpu, most of the packages like this slows down the game heavily. But the glass seems to be shattered into too many small pieces. It looks more like a bomb explosion than a crashed ball. Is there any way to get bigger(and hopefully not equal in size) pieces?

edit: I've checked the demo again and it seems it already does what I asked for but why is the bigger pieces also have mini pieces? I would understand a few cracks in the glass but that many pieces make it look like they are all apart.

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  4. brilliantgames

brilliantgames

I submitted it late last night for 10 USD. :)

5. brilliantgames

brilliantgames

Thanks for the feeback. Each piece of glass trys to figure out if its grounded and turns off its rigid body and collision ASAP. The pieces of glass are hand modelled, they fit together like a puzzle and match the exact mesh they come from.

6. brilliantgames

brilliantgames

Review is pending for Asset Store. I would love more feedback. :)

7. Meltdown

Meltdown

Nice! Don't really have any other feedback :)

8. brilliantgames

brilliantgames

Haha thanks. Its really clean and easy to use.

9. brilliantgames

brilliantgames

10. brilliantgames

brilliantgames

11. imtrobin

imtrobin

Is this precut fragments or procedural? Can I change the size of glass?

12. brilliantgames

brilliantgames

These are pre cut fragments, but the are initiated when the glass is broken. Yes you can scale the glass to whatever size you want.

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  13. brilliantgames

brilliantgames

Now on the asset store. 10 USD!

14. brilliantgames

brilliantgames

Now only $5.00 usd!!

15. brilliantgames

brilliantgames

If you like this product and found it useful, give it a rating! It would be much appreciated.

16. RoyS

RoyS

Brilliantgs, is there any way that I can change the material of the glass to be like boards for a boarded up window the the player would have to break in order to enter? So can I just change the colour of the glass to be wood texture and make them look like boards?

17. brilliantgames

brilliantgames

Yep, just simply add a wood material to both the whole glass mesh prefab and the glass shards prefab. Never really occurred to me that could so easly be done. Maybe I'll update it with both glass and wood. :)

18. brilliantgames

brilliantgames

Today is your last chance to purchase Destructible glass for only $5.00 USD! Take advantage of this offer while you can!

19. Nomad5oul

Nomad5oul

@brilliantgames

Will the glass break if I shoot it with a gun even if the gun does not have a projectile or does the glass only break if a collider mesh hits it?

20. brilliantgames

brilliantgames

When it comes to physics, the glass will break if the withstanding force is met with a RIGID BODY, but if you arent using a rigid body, all you need to do is simply access the glass script and say 'shatter=true'. You can also repair the glass too, and shatter as many times as you like. :)

21. ksb214

ksb214

I am using raycast method for collision detection rather than physics. So no force applied to the object while colliding. Will this package work for such a scenario?

22. Dazz2000

Dazz2000

I'm getting a lot of errors with Glassdestroy.cs and 4.6.1

Assets/Destructive Glass/Scripts/Glassdestroy.cs(120,32): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.Collision.impactForceSum' is obsolete: `use Collision.relativeVelocity instead.'

is there an update?