Search Unity

Enrolled in iOS developer programme. Now what?

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Platypus Studio, May 28, 2012.

1. Platypus Studio

Platypus Studio

Hi,
    I've made a game in Unity 3D for iOS, with touch controls and everything, and now I've enrolled in the iOS developer programme. I paid the $99 (€80, here in Belgium), waited a day or two and now I've gotten an email from Apple saying my request has been confirmed. They've sent me a confirmation code, I've re-entered my information, etc. So now, I should be completely registered. Now, I'd like to test my game on an actual device, but how do I export this game, and what exactly do I have to do to make it run on my device properly? I haven't really worked with XCode yet, so I need some help there.

Thanks,
    Arne Gevaert
    Platypus Studio

2. Platypus Studio

Platypus Studio

I did what you said, but when I try to build it in XCode, it gives me this error message:

"Code Sign Error: The identity 'iPhone Developer' doesn't match any valid certificate/valid key pair in the default keychain"

I guess I have to download some file or insert some license key somewhere, but I wouldn't have a clue which file or key I'd have to use, and where I'd have to insert it.

3. Velvety

Velvety

You need to setup your profile in the Apple Dev Center. Then you need to register your iOS devices as dev devices so you can build to them. Then you download your profile info and configure it with your XCode. This is all on the Apple side of things (outside of Unity). It is required for building any XCode onto an iOS device.

There are some tutorials on this online, including I think, on the Apple Dev Center site itself.

4. Velvety

Velvety

5. Platypus Studio

Platypus Studio

Okay, I think the registration still isn't complete, because I get an access denied message when I try to access the necessary pages, and on my account page it still shows me the option to enroll in the iOS developer program. I've clicked the link in the email I've gotten named "Apple Developer Program Activation Code", and I provided info (name, address, etc.). Then, when I tried to log in, it said "We are unable to process your request". If I click the link again, it gives an error message saying that the code has already been registered, which should be a good thing, and it tells me to log in. When I do, I get that same "We are unable to process your request" message. How can I know if I'm actually registered or not?

6. Velvety

Velvety

Sounds like you need to contact Apple. Use their support system.

7. Platypus Studio

Platypus Studio

Yep, just did that. I've submitted my question on the Apple Developer Support page, and I've received an email with a confirmation of my post. How long does it normally take for Apple Developer Support to get back to you?

8. Train

Train

Ok, i have a short question. It is only possible to test my game on my iPod, when i have paid the 99 Dollar to save my iPod as developer iPod, this true, right? I can`t test my game at first and then pay?

9. Velvety

Velvety

Correct. You need to register (and pay) as an Apple iOS developer in order to create a profile. In your profile you can then setup testing devices that you can build and test on. You can't do this until you are an Apple developer.

10. hafizmrozlan

hafizmrozlan

I've made simple demo game with unity iOS. I haven't enroll in the iOS developer program yet. But every time I build from unity and run the project from xcode it always fail with a lot of warning. Is it normal all the linker error, Id not available and everything? I only succeeded one time, building for the iPhone simulator and that is with empty scene only.

11. nocanwin

nocanwin

you need to.

12. Train

Train

Ok i have paid the 99 Dollar and i registry my iPod and then i would create with Keychain tool the key, but in my folder /developer there is no tool for this, then i found this one in google https://www.gpgtools.org/keychain/index.html is this tool the same, can i take this then?

13. nocanwin

nocanwin

I think it's under Applications/Utilities