Search Unity

Invasion: Alpha 3

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by SevenBits, May 28, 2012.

?

What do you think of the game?

1. It's okay, but could use improvements

32 vote(s)
    68.1%
  2. Good job so far

8 vote(s)
    17.0%
  3. Really good

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  4. Wicked, totally awesome

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. This thing's a CoD killer!!

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  1. SevenBits

SevenBits

Attention!

Here is the ultra-fabulous alpha version three of my first person shooter game, Invasion. It contains bug fixes, improvements and increases general ease of use. There is a build for both Windows and Intel-based Mac OS X computers (using OS X 10.6+ and/or Windows 7 is recommended). If you play it, please reply.

DOWNLOAD

In each level (except the main menu), there is an FPS counter. The game is programmed to stay at 30 FPS. Please tell me if it reaches that, along with your specs if possible.

Screenshots:

$screenie8.jpg
    $screenie9.jpg

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  2. pezz

pezz

Hi I want to test your game. I refuse to download it though. Please make a webplayer version and put direct link to it.

Also give credit to the starter kit used.

Pezz

3. SevenBits

SevenBits

All credits are listed on the opening screen.

I can try to put a web player up, but it may take a short while as I don't have a Dropbox and don't want to get one. We'll see though.

4. impheris

impheris

web player games sucks -.- i hate it...
    the best way its to donwload the game, the game loads faster... and I can play it better

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  5. SevenBits

SevenBits

I agree, but some people don't want to download. Oh, the horror...

Did you download the game? If so, what did you think of it? Did it stay at the frame rate of 30 FPS, or did it wobble a little?

6. SevenBits

SevenBits

bump.

Would love it if somebody tried the game.

7. Alderonas

Alderonas

I will try it this weekend busy till then.....

8. ATNEDev

ATNEDev

Why don't you cap the game at 60 FPS? It's considered smooth gaming... Anyways, I would love to test the game with my powerful rig, but unfortunately, I'm not home yet and therefore, I don't have access to a PC or a Mac. I have a powerful Android device though...

9. SevenBits

SevenBits

I have it capped at 60 in my dev build, but earlier I just felt 30 FPS was succifient. Turns out I was wrong, but whatever.

It would love it if you'd test the game, but I'm only accepting recommendations regarding bugs and features, etc. Also, I realize the graphics aren't the best in Alpha 3, but I'm steadily working to improve them. Alpha 4 will be much better.

PM me if you wish to comment in private.

10. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

Lol @ your 'trademarked' name

subversion systems... really?

11. SevenBits

SevenBits

Never said it was trademarked, as it isn't registered yet. There's quite a financial commitment involved in getting a business of the ground.

What do you mean, "really"? It is a completely legitimate name: we've all seen worse.

12. LargerEagle

LargerEagle

Would you need any more staff? As like a 3d modeler or level designer. If so Email: legofan4444@gmail.com Skype: minecrafter44
    Other than that it seems you used the bananas weapon pack? Corect me if im wrong.

13. xxShark

xxShark

I just downloaded it and will test it out for a while and give you some feedback.

Is the project still going? Last post on here was a couple months ago.

14. SevenBits

SevenBits

Yes, the project has been re-written and the project is still going. A lot of work however is necessary before the fourth beta will be released.

15. Aseem Bansal

Aseem Bansal

It is looking good. There are some things that you can improve upon

• Finding the objective. Currently to find the objective I had to roam around. Objective was written but it was kinda weird to see. Maybe a compass type something?
    • Switching weapons has a bug. I picked up the grenade and threw all of them. Then I changed to a gun and back to grenade again. There was a grenade shown in my hand but as the ammo had reached zero I couldn't throw that. That was funny. I have a bomb but cannot throw it.
    • Maybe a bit more instructions or something. A little story?
    It is looking good. Keep at it and you will make something really good.

16. xxShark

xxShark

Some feedback for Alpha 3

- I found the objectives, but wasn't sure what to do. I did finally end up shooting them and destroyed them. Foung a weird bug. I could destroy the objective with an assault rifle, but when I fired a rocket at it, it just bounced around and did not take any damage.

- If you are running and jump you fly for a while. It is very odd

- If you zoom with the rocket launcher it has the opposite affect. It looks like you are using a fish-eye view... which actually zooms further out than if you didn't look in the scope at all.

- The melee attack does not do anything. I was hitting the target boards and it didn't do any damage.

- Textures... the really need to be updated. You can find some very nice complete packs on the asset store for around $200 or less. You can use Blender to modify textures/objects to your liking and this would add so much to your game. One of my favorite packs is only $95: http://u3d.as/content/profi-developers/modular-military-environment-pack-volume1/2KP

- The voice over is alright, but needs some serious tweaking. It sounds like you just lowered the tone of your voice. There are a lot of free apps out there that can change your voice completely. just Google voice changing software and you will find a lot of examples.

- Like the above post.. a map would be great with objective way points. There is a good mini map asset available on the asset store for only $65: http://u3d.as/content/kolmich-creations/kgfmap-system/3bf

- Aiming and firing does no good.. The spread is still the same as when you fire without aiming. Aiming needs to have a positive effect. Spread should be much tighter especially with a rifle that has a burst fire.

- The jump height should be higher. It doesn't even feel like the soldier is jumping, unless you are running and jump at the same time.

These are just some notes I found while playing it for about 5 minutes last night. I hope the feedback is helpful.

Keep up the good work! You will get there.

17. gore23

gore23

hint being on the forums. Teasing lol...

18. Cinematronic

Cinematronic

I tried the game, my impressions:

Bad:
    - Just another Banana's FPS.
    Good:
    - You are working.

19. SevenBits

SevenBits

Several things I want to point out, to you and anyone else who wishes to reply:

First, this game is out of date ad not respective of the current game's progress. I'm waiting much longer before releasing the next alpha for my own sake.

Secondly, I have since switched to the Ultimate FPS Camera. It is much better than Dastardly Bananna's free package. Also I have added more guns, actual enemies, etc. You can also command a gunship. All (or most) of these things will be coming in alpha 3!

The graphics in these early demos were horrible. I know. Luckily, those were templates for me while I got some money together. Now that I am able to spend some money on this game I assure you the quality has increased.

I post periodical updates on my blog that is linked in my signature. If this project is something that interests you (and I hope that it is) I suggest that you look there for more information. If you wish to comment further on this game, I ask that you give gameplay advice as opposed to criticism as the majority of criticism people mentioned here has been addressed and is no longer an issue.

20. Deleted User

Deleted User

Why not post some video? Youtube accounts are free, and you can use OBS (Open Broadcasting Software) to record practically anything.

21. nipoco

nipoco

That thread is almost 3 yrs old. Just sayin