Search Unity

Prime31 Game Center Multiplayer plugin

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Crazy Robot, May 27, 2012.

1. Crazy Robot

Crazy Robot

Hello all,

I'm using Prime3's1 Game Center Multiplayer plugin, I'm able to bring up the Game Center Matchmaker and get a match going if I use matchmaker with no friend invite.

But my problem is Friend invites. If my game is not running I'm able to accept a game invite from a friend and my game then launches and loads my multiplayer menu (via "inviteRequestWasReceived"). I have two issues from there.

I have a script that's present in all scenes listening for "inviteRequestWasReceived". So, when Game Center launches my game, this gets called and it loads my multiplayer menu. But this does not work if the game is already launched.

1) When I accept a game invite from a friend and my game is already running, what gets called to let me know I accepted the invite so I can load my Multiplayer menu? I've tried "inviteRequestWasReceived", "friendRequestControllerFinished", and "matchmakerFoundMatch". Non of them work.

However, "inviteRequestWasReceived" does work if the game is not running and Game Center launches the game.

2) When game center closes and all devices are now on my multiplayer menu, how do i start the match? What do I call? I'm listening to "PlayerConnect" but it does not get called after game center closes.

I've looked at the demo scenes and i'm reading Apple's docs on it, but I just can't seem to crack this code.

Can someone share how they handled friend invites?

Thanks

JL

2. DreamEnder

DreamEnder

Did you ever figure this out?

3. Crazy Robot

Crazy Robot

Prime31 told me it was an Apple bug that they reported to Apple some time ago.

Last I asked, there was no update on the fix.

4. g-steinkirch

g-steinkirch

Any news on this bug?

5. Crazy Robot

Crazy Robot

I have no news, maybe Prime31 can comment.