Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Rush Team [ FPS now in multiplayer ]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by roka, May 20, 2012.

1. SevenBits

SevenBits

I had the exact same experience. I bit disappointed though that you couldn't set full screen from within the menu; you had to start a game first. Other than that, it's good.

2. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Ha ha someone just came in the room I was in...I got the first kill, but then he kinda destroyed me afterwards.

3. roka

roka

Thank you for the info , i will make some change as soon is possible

Roka

4. Max_Damage

Max_Damage

Great game last night roka.
    I sat on the server for a while 'til someone joined and it was great fun.
    After 20 kills we got booted off and lost the momentum.
    Can you sort out a restart after finnish or a map voting . That would be cool.

This is a great little game and I see it moving on nicely. I'll pass the word for people to try it.

Would it be possible to see who is in the lobby waiting to connect? People look at all the empty servers and leave before trying it out.

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  5. roka

roka

Yep not bad idea , i will take a look

6. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Yeah I agree I'd like to see if someone is waiting in the lobby or something. I am actually pretty hooked on playing this even though I've had one shot at it. I think with a little polish here and there this could be a great game and a good draw to your web site.

7. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Ah I just got destroyed by someone...20 deaths to 8 kills. I think I would like a grenade indicator. Like what they do in Call of Duty, to let you know a grenade is nearby. I can't tell you how many times I got blasted and I didn't even hear a sound of a grenade hitting the ground anywhere sometimes. Also I couldn't figure out for the life of me what the hotkey was to chat or type text during gameplay?

8. roka

roka

yeah by me lol , we have grenade hit indicator but i need to work on it again.
    don't have problem for listen the grenade sound for my part.
    for the chat just press enter ;)

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  9. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Ah dang it! Awesome. I accidentally hit the chat button once...and was able to type something, but couldn't get it again. Thanks. I want to try and get some more people on to this and playing. I hope the login stuff isn't going to be a barrier to a lot of folks just getting in there and playing.

10. roka

roka

i remember 3 week ago before i release it , i have call like 8/10 friends and we have make one match and it was really fun.
    with 2/3 players is ok for see what's happen in game but trust me with a lot of player we can have a lot of fun.
    I start coding the lobby chat and userlist in lobby see ya

Roka

11. brilliantgames

brilliantgames

I really like this game. Has a nice feel to it. One of the things that drives me insane is the voice over at the beginning haha. I run a professional recording studio, so I'm pretty picky about sound. Ive recorded major Label albums and voice overs for car commercials. I created the Advanced Fantasy AI Pack, all the sounds in the mini game are designed by myself. I would love to do voiceovers and sound FX for your game. Message me. :)
    In the mean time, check out the mini game. Give the sounds a listen, remember there is not one sound on there that I didnt create.

Mini game http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65183439/WebPlayer.html Thread http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/125753-Advanced-Fantasy-AI-NOW-LIVE-ON-ASSET-STORE!

New glass physics/sounds package http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65183439/Destructable glass demo/WebPlayer/WebPlayer.html Thread http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/137765-Destructible-Mesh-Glass-With-Physics

12. roka

roka

Yep really nice voice sound , i do the mine myself but i'm not a professional on that and don't have the software for that too lol

13. brilliantgames

brilliantgames

Well, my offer stands. If you decide you want to work with me, shoot me a message. Heres a commercial I did a voice over for. http://vimeo.com/38199530

14. StormGamer

StormGamer

@roka i see 2 bugs that are a bit anoying

1st is when you start to write in chat, you have to press the send button, you should make it so we can send the message with a simple "Enter" key that would make chat a lot better

2nd is that when grenades are empty you still have it on your hand you just can´t use it, there is a simple fix for it, make it so it changes the current weapon that is the grenade to the last used weapon, or to primary gun

15. roka

roka

I have try to send the message in game by pressing enter but i have some difficulty to get it worked nicely but i will take a look.

You right for the grenade , i will make a change quickly

2 New video:

Game play of City Zone in multiplayer:

Game play of Underground in multiplayer:

Roka

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  16. herpderpy

herpderpy

Code (csharp):
    2. // If there is no text that the user wants to send when pressing enter (You need to add the enter bit), set the chatbox to closed.
    4. if(textSoSend == "") // Or you can use null, this is still safer
    5. {
    6.  chatBox = false;
    7. } else {
    8.  // Send message
    9. }

17. roka

roka

Code (csharp):
    1. if (Event.current.type == EventType.KeyDown  (Event.current.keyCode == KeyCode.KeypadEnter || Event.current.keyCode == KeyCode.Return)){
    With that he work perfect now

18. roka

roka

News

- 31/05/2012
    Update:

-Fixed the chat in game , now you just need to press enter to send your message.
    -We have make one change on the grenade, now when you don't have any grenade the rifle is selected automatically.
    -Improved the animation of the 1911.
    -Improved the animation of the MP5N.
    -Improved the animation of the M4A1.
    -Re-balanced weapon accuracie.
    -Fixed the bug when you are in lobby and go back to the normal screen , the lobby was not centred.
    -Add one fullscreen button on the lobby.
    -Add how many players are connected to the game in the lobby.

Have Fun , Roka

19. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Dude! You're the man!

20. yahodahan

yahodahan

21. roka

roka

22. StormGamer

StormGamer

nice that you took all of our advices in consideration! your awsome roka!

23. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Roka - So how did you setup the gameplay? Did you use any of the Dastardly Banana stuff? You have such a good implementation of the weapon animations, the bullet impacts, etc. I am working on my own FPS and would love some insight into your production.

24. roka

roka

I dit it myself , i don't use any "prefab fps package" for 2 reason:

1: generaly in this type of package , you use it without understand what happen in the script and maybe the script have error or use ressource for nothing. So i prefer make the mine and understand what i do.

2: i make a game for my fun in my free time because i love coding something and i want that my game run like i'm thinking on it. By using package or script by an another coders you don't get your game like you want. If you want some animations do it ! some gameplay? do it ! .....

Roka

25. SevenBits

SevenBits

I suppose, but there's the issue of that you then need to take the time to go in and debug, etc. Using a premade toolkit is so much easier. I mean, sure, you could code your own operating system to "understand what you do", but unless it is better than every other one, why spend time doing it?

Then again, every kit DOES have its drawbacks, and I suppose coding your own does allow you to put in absolutely everything you want, so...

26. roka

roka

Yeah i know , for some user some kit are fun for it , he can save time ect... to produce his game and some kit are really coded as well.
    i do the mine myself because i like it , is fun for me

27. StormGamer

StormGamer

if anyone wants to paly im online

28. GrimWare

GrimWare

I'll play!

29. roka

roka

when i play with my french friends you ar in bed and when you are playing we are in bad , so funny lol

30. StormGamer

StormGamer

guys me and me 3 other friends are playing join us!

31. SevenBits

SevenBits

Cool game, but I see occasional dips in FPS at certain times, I.e firefights. Not a good thing, mind you.

32. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

That was fun...had a much better kill to death ratio this time around!

33. zulmargera87

zulmargera87

mate. can u gimme player model materials? if u can, make it in smd,obj,md2 format. i need to study that bones to create a new player model.

available stuffs this moments from me :
    -hk53 tactical for rifle section + aimpoint scope, NCstar red dot
    -hkg3 sniper for snipe section + 6x sniper scope
    -e801 mk2 flashbang for grenade section
    -m37 frag for grenade section

also. my mp5ka4 version 1.0 is available n ready for you. (for my old mp5k replacement)

btw, i on making galil tactical, ak47, and fabarm shotguns tactical for next addons.
    u know where to find me :) darkshinegamez.webs.com

34. roka

roka

i will do it my friend ;)

35. roka

roka

Update:

-Add The map Operation Egypt.
    -Add the T5 pistol.
    -Add the P90 Rifle.

-We have made a change on the grenade throwing.
    -The player head ragdoll as been fixed.
    -We have add the option Mouse Smoothing for a fluid rotation (you can change the value on the options).
    -The footstep sound when you jump is fixed.
    -For information , when you kill one players by headshot you recover 15HP (limited at 150 HP).
    -Now you can see the Players ping in the score panel (TAB).
    -Fixed the double animation when one player reload.

Have fun , Roka [Rush Team Leader]

36. roka

roka

News

- 10/06/2012
    Update:

After some test this night , we have found some bugs and i have corrected it this morning:
    -Sound of the P90 fixed.
    -Respawn/player list bug in Operation Egypt as been fixed.
    -Fixed some problem with stereo/mono sound.
    -Changed the light system on the character weapon.
    -Now the match stop when the best player have kill 30 players (20 before).

If when you come in game , you don't have the P90 weapon ,T5 pistol in the inventory and if you don't have the new mapOperation Egypt,
    please Clear Your Browser's Cache.
    If you don't know how to do that , just click on this like and follow the instruction by selecting your webbrowser.
    http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache
    You can do it also with "CCleaner".

37. UnlimitedEdition

UnlimitedEdition

First of all the game looks really nice and I'm liking the models. It has an Indie feel to it and that is awesome. Now my question... Hopefully you haven't been asked this already but, Photon Cloud looks really cool. The one thing that I am concerned about is setting up a database to run alongside it. I don't know, maybe it's easy but I was wondering if you have any documentation or reading materials about setting up mySQL databases with Unity and with Photon Cloud. I would really appreciate if you did however I understand if it's not something you have than you can't give it to me.

Thanks in advance,

Bennet

38. herpderpy

herpderpy

To save you the hassle of waiting, here's how the normal setup works:

You write a PHP script that accesses your database (This need to be PHP as it's a server side language, meaning the clients wont be able to tamper with the code) and prints out the data you are needing. For example, a login script could return a "false" or a "authenticated-01", which the client can then parse.

The way to access your database will be through a WWW if you're accessing it on the client side (Which is totally fine, providing you use auth codes which the server checks).

I think the best way to get started with MySQL, PHP and Unity is to check out the hi-score example:

http://www.unifycommunity.com/wiki/index.php?title=Server_Side_Highscores

Hope that helped,

- Alex

39. Max_Damage

Max_Damage

Another great update Roka!

Players are spawning on top of each other. I assume you know about this one.

Not sure about the new map, seems like a UT/quake port. I would say go for more urban/industrial maps.

Feedback from other players suggests the maps need some loving, but the gameplay is good.

Any chance of having blood trails or drips , so that I can follow a wounded player and he can finnish me off.

40. roka

roka

Exactly.

Yep , i know the respawn bug , i will take a look soon.
    The next map will be urban or something like that my friend ;)
    Nice idea about the blood trails but at the moment i start coding the team deathmatch , but i will check it , its a very nice idea.

41. UnlimitedEdition

UnlimitedEdition

Thank you so much. This is always been an area of Unity that I was lost on. I'll will look into that highscore example right away thanks.

42. tatelax

tatelax

It looks great, but nobody was playing and I couldn't move forwards.

43. roka

roka

Yep we need players , and did you know that you can change your key settings in the option page or in game by pressing esc?
    It s not hard to take 10 seconds for check if one game have an options or not

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  44. Midnight Studios

Midnight Studios

This game reminds me of counter strike! keep up the great work.

45. virror

virror

Hmm, cant log in, i can see the lobby for one second, then i go back to the login screen : (
    Also there is a spelling error in the login screen, "Waitting" should be "Waiting" : )

46. roka

roka

Hum maybe photon cloud are in update , try later , i'm not at my home so i can't test it now.
    Thank for the information , i will correct the spelling error.T

47. virror

virror

Just wanting to say i still have the same login problem 5h later, looks like a nice game : )

48. roka

roka

I have tested now and the connection on the lobby was fine.

I think you just need to clear your webbrowser cach because you run it on one old version of my game with one old photon network serial.

49. virror

virror

Well, it was the first time i tried to connect so i guess it should be no cach problems, working fine on my laptop now, will try again tomorrow on the office comp : p

One thing you should work on is the English text in the game, that would really make it feel a lot more professional : )

50. roka

roka

Happy that you got it working now.
    And yeah i know my english suck a little bit. I' m french^^
    I will ask one of my friend who live in london to correct my game.
    Thank you , roka