Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Rush Team [ FPS now in multiplayer ]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by roka, May 20, 2012.

1. roka

roka

Hello crazy gamers and coders !

I don't know if you remember my last post ,where i have made one FPS/Zombie http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/88196-Rush-Team-FPS-Zombie

But now i have sorted out Rush Team in multiplayer with photon cloud.

For the moment only one mode are available "Free For All" , 2 Maps "City Zone" and "Underground"
    3 weapons "1911 pistol" , "Grenade Frag" and "MP5 as rifle".

Some preview of the game :

Login:

Lobby:

Map City Zone:

Map Undertground:

Game Preview

Video Map Preview:

2 New video:

Game play of City Zone in multiplayer:

Game play of Underground in multiplayer:

If you want try it just come at my website http://www.asrprogs.net/ , create an account and have fun

Thank , Roka

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  2. cod

cod

I really like it, but how do u manage the login data?

3. roka

roka

I do it with PHP and mysql.

4. cod

cod

5. roka

roka

6. yahodahan

yahodahan

This is looking great :) I also looked at your zombie game- nice! That post led me to "3D world studio", do you still use that software? Looks exactly like the Hammer World Editor (TF2/Counterstrike/Half Life), neat! Sure would be nice if all that building could be done right in Unity...save so much time and trouble... ;)

Keep up the great work, I'll be trying out the web game ASAP :)

7. pedromodel

pedromodel

Roka Hi, I would like to form a duo with you, I do not know if you want, but we could work together to get higher quality in a game, if you want some information about me so below:

Modeler, Texturizer, Map Designer
    1 year and a half of experience.

my skype: pedro.tcruzeiro

8. StormGamer

StormGamer

dude i sincerly loved your game! i was StormGamer and my friend was babadi

the visuals need some work but the gameplay is just awsome!

one question, were you able to see us? it was like if you knew were we where all the time

also i have a youtube channel about games, its in portuguese, would you allow me to make a video about your game? just showing it off a bit

9. roka

roka

Yes i'm still using it.

At the moment i have too much work in my real life , so i work on rush team the evening and week end , so it's hard to work with someone at the moment. But thank you for your offer i will reflect on that ;)

Listen the sound as well my friends ;) you can easily find all enemy if you listen the footstep ;)

Thank for all your comments

Roka

10. pedromodel

pedromodel

Also Well I only have time over the weekend, if you have hurry, would not work, but we can try

11. stefmen

stefmen

looks good!
    But your MP5 looks very dark in the outside map.

12. roka

roka

I know i will make some change soon.

If i have the time i will add the chat and make some other change this evening or tomorow.

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  13. Prion Games

Prion Games

Looking good guys!

14. herpderpy

herpderpy

Been following this project from the start and really love what you guys have been doing. My only problem is that the game isn't very authorative... Ie. I had 4000 rounds in my clip.

Good work though!

15. xxxDjdogxxx

xxxDjdogxxx

Is it me or does some of the texture look like there from Valve (source sdk) :s

16. roka

roka

I have see that in game with you later but remember that on every game (same big game) it's really easy to do that , cheat protection or not.
    I have one idea about that and i think i can protect that without any cheat protector.

On the map Underground it's possible , this map is not made by me and maybe this user have used valve texture (i have sent an email to him for asking)

Thank you for your testing.

Roka

17. herpderpy

herpderpy

Fortunately I caught you at the right time. Okay, here's how it goes.

The ammo (Rounds) are stored on the CLIENT. Because of this, the memory is owned by the client and therefore the client can do what it want with the memory. Be it edit it, make it unlimited.. so on.

The way to get around this is to store the ammo on the server. When a player connects, create a instance of this class and keep it as a child to the player:

Code (csharp):
    1. public class PlayerAmmo {
    2. public int playerAmmoPistol = 60; // This can easily be calculated into clips on the client side (eg. 10 rounds per clip = 6 clips and so on
    3. public string playerName; // Optional
    4. }
    Every time the player wants to shoot, you need to send an RPC to the server saying to execute the shoot function. This can then check if the player actually has ammo or not and can perform as with that result.

Basically, you need to make your game so the client can do anything they want client sided HOWEVER, it will not happen on the server.

hopefully this explains everything, Keep it up! :D

18. pezz

pezz

Good job, it worked great.

19. xxxDjdogxxx

xxxDjdogxxx

Yeah now that i look at it full screen i clearly saw decals made by valve and alot of the texture. seems as though who ever made the map used source sdk then exported it out to a fbx or obj with the textures still on.

Edit: Also some of the footsteps sound exactly the same from valve.

20. roka

roka

Yep it's a good idea but at the moment i use photon cloud so i can't do something servers side , i need to setup the mine.
    but i have some idea to prevent that in client side :)

21. herpderpy

herpderpy

Client side will NOT work. You can't calculate ANYTHING that changes the game on the client, it is pretty much giving the client the ability to change the game how they want. Sure, they need to be able to change the game, but the server has to make sure this is allowed before.

Think about it.

22. roka

roka

yep i know but like i use photon cloud i'm a little bit blocked at the moment.
    I have start to write my game logic for host myself the game later but i need a big big time.

But thank for the info ;)

23. roka

roka

- 24/05/2012
    We have make one small update:

-Fixed the silencer bug when you respawn ( you don't see it anymore , he will be implemented soon).
    -We have add the chat system (press enter to use it)
    -We have make some fixe on the game play

Have Fun , Roka

24. brilliantgames

brilliantgames

Controls feel really nice. :) Graphics are decent as well. The walk animation for the hand grenade is a little awkward though.

25. SevenBits

SevenBits

How? It can't export to any Unity compatible format: not even Wavefront OBJ? Plus it's a pain in the neck to use.

Good looking game though. Maybe I'll try your web player on a dull moment. So busy, uh...

26. roka

roka

Yep , i know and i will fixe this animation as soon as possible.

I export in .X and load it with Ultimate Unwrap3D Pro and export in FBX for unity ;)

27. leonardarmstead

leonardarmstead

how much poly do you use for guns?

28. roka

roka

For exemple the MP5 with Hands have 4253 vert and 7776 polys

29. SevenBits

SevenBits

And then add in then add in the materials manually, yes?

Also, what is the average poly count of one of these levels?

30. roka

roka

I don't need to add materials manually , when i export in FBX i add one options called "export groups as mesh".
    So i have one mesh per texture. BUT the bad thing is that unity load it as skined mesh render and i can't play lightmap on it.
    So i need to remove on all my mesh the skined mesh render and change it to mesh render only (i can do that on 10/15 minuts).

21952 for city zone in 3d world studio without props , i get 40/90 drawcall in unity without players , and with some players i don't get more than 200/250 drawcall (include bullet hole , bullets , particles ...).

31. Max_Damage

Max_Damage

I had a quick play and I like it. Couple of players came in and it became laggy for me.
    Need more players to test the network stress. Can you perhaps set a time for us to test it with you ,so you can
    get some feedback ingame?

If you need maps building ,let me know. I made maps for Strikeforce.

32. SevenBits

SevenBits

Interesting. I'm been fooling with 3d world studio to make maps, and I don't want to purchase the program until I'm sure of relative compatibility with Unity. Since you seem to know what you're doing, could you maybe post a YouTube video how to do it? Or PM directions? I'm sorry, I'm really not the one to ask for such favors, but you've clearly got experience.

The only problem I see with your method is that occlusion culling wouldn't work, as it's one mesh, so individual components can't be turned on and off.

33. roka

roka

I would be happy to add one of your map in my game.

Yeah i can make a video if you want and when i get some free time , and yeah you right about the occlusion culling.
    I do that for save a draw call but i'm sure i can export and save all object texture.

34. SevenBits

SevenBits

A video would be fantastic, thanks. Just knowing what kind of steps are involved and how long it would take would be a godsend, as I simply am way too busy to do loads of research. Plus it'll let me make better maps than what I have in my current FPS game.

Obviously, the lack of occlusion culling support is a major drawback to your technique; perhaps dividing the map into sections and parenting the objects together would at least provide for some improvement, especially with loads of textures involved.

35. roka

roka

- 29/05/2012
    Update:

- The AKM weapon has been add.
    - The M4A1 weapon has been add.
    - We have fixed the grenade animation.
    - We have changed the shader on weapon.
    - We have changed the soldier texture
    - The inventory has been add.
    - We have do some change on the bullets damage and accuracie.
    - We have add the fullscreen button to the escape menu in game (now you have 2 fullscreen button)

Have Fun , Roka

36. Max_Damage

Max_Damage

Happy Days !

I'll be online tonight roka.

Do you use Unity free or pro?

37. roka

roka

i use the free version

38. Max_Damage

Max_Damage

Same here, so I would like to make a map for you, based on an old map from Strikeforce.

I will need some Idea of scale for the characters. Can you give me some pointers on this roka.

Thanks,

Max

39. Paradigm-SW

Paradigm-SW

Loks good! I just had a play around with it, A and W didn't appear to work. Otherwise, brilliant job, and I wish I had someone to play with!

40. Max_Damage

Max_Damage

You can set them in options.

I'll be on tonight .

41. roka

roka

Hum, if you have some character , i think is good. I can scale the map like i want after.

You can setup you key in the options panel and in game by pressing escape/options

42. Paradigm-SW

Paradigm-SW

I just saw. MIght be worth noting that WASD is the standard FPS config for games nowadays.

43. roka

roka

Yeah i know lol , but i'm french and have azerty keyboard :)

44. SevenBits

SevenBits

Still, you may want an American keyboard to develop games with. WASD is now the standard config.

45. StormGamer

StormGamer

i really liked the new guns!
    keep designing your game, me and my friend we play your game togheter and its really fun!

46. SevenBits

SevenBits

@roka: Why do you need to give an email to sign up? I really don't want to give away personal information just to try a game.

47. roka

roka

For futur newsletter , if you don't want put your real email , create one free on yahoo or put fake email ;)

48. roka

roka

Happy that you love it , call all your friends , we need players ! :)

49. SevenBits

SevenBits

I tried a fake email before, but it required me to actually validate the address.

I dunno, I'll try again...

50. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

I got in there with a fake email as well today. No players in there...so I'll leave it open until someone joins me later on. It's very solid gameplay wise...the artwork is a little bland is all, but that's an easy fix. The controls got me too..I assumed something was broken right off the bat. The W key and A keys weren't working...then I looked around and realized they could be set in the Options. I would suggest maybe creating a preset for controls that easy to access. Make one of the controls the default WASD key setup. I haven't hardly played a game that didn't default to those keys.