Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Rush Team [ FPS now in multiplayer ]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by roka, May 20, 2012.

1. virror

virror

Still not working on the office computer for some reason : /
    Tried to clear the cache but same problem. Well, i guess i don't have time to play at work anyway ; )

2. roka

roka

Yeah maybe hahahahha

3. hjupter

hjupter

4. roka

roka

5. SevenBits

SevenBits

I agree. That's incredible.

6. SevenBits

SevenBits

Love this game, roka. I have a few suggestions:

1. When someone shoots, there should be a small icon that can show up on the map if they are close enough to you (like CoD).
    2. Add the ability to climb ladders.
    3. Make it possible to use shotguns as a primary or as an under barrel attachment.
    4. You should say on the opening screen what the map sizes are (small, medium, large, etc) as well as how many players they typically fit.
    5. Add a career ranking and leader boards, organized by number of kills, etc. You should also add the ability to play as a guest, but without rankings or even be restricted to a single map and set of weapons.

Overall, a very nice game. Love the maps, and the game plays better than anything other Unity online shooter. I can play on Beautiful without slowdowns, something I can't do on other games like BeGone and Red Crucible 2. Also an outdoor map would be nice. :D

7. Midnight Studios

Midnight Studios

Playing this i have noticed the leader board in the GUI for deaths reads "Dead" it should read "Died" or "Deaths".

8. roka

roka

Yep i will do that in the future , only me work on this project and my first work take all my time , so i can only work on it the evening and the week end.

Thank you , i know that i need to correct many word. This will be done soon.

9. virror

virror

Good suggestions, but i don't like nr 1 so much, don't think it will fit the game, its not just another CoD clone : p

10. SevenBits

SevenBits

That's true, but nearly all FPS games nowadays have that feature. I'm sure it could be disabled; i.e if you're a pro and you don't want others' indicators to show up, you could do that.

11. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

I'm in there right now...I'm tired of shooting walls. Someone come in and shoot at me already.

12. UnlimitedEdition

UnlimitedEdition

Hey I made an account and found a grammer error. I'm not trying to point out small things but just so it looks more professional I suggest changing "We have send one email with all your informations at :" to "We have sent one/an email with all your/of your information at :" I don't know if English is your first language so I just wanted to point this out. If English is your first language, I'm just suggesting a change.

Hey after playing the game I liked what I saw. 2 things, one of them is that I'm forever alone and no one was there to play however after this game gets out that won't be a problem. Also, maybe it was me but I wasn't able to get anything to happen when I pressed 5 but thats ok.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  13. roka

roka

I'm french and i know that my english suck a little bit.

About players in game , yeah sometime i see 5/10 players connected and we play one match but most of time nobody is online. i have like 250 registred but the game need some others mod and weapon to keep the game interesting.

About the number 5 , it's normal the melee and sniper is not released yet.

14. Max_Damage

Max_Damage

I think, once the lobby chat is working, we can challenge and arrange all getting on a server together.

15. UnlimitedEdition

UnlimitedEdition

Sorry, just wanted to help out and I hope you understood what I was suggesting. I am always happy to help someone who works in Unity... if I can. Also, thanks for clearing up the sniper/melee thing. The good thing is the gameplay is starting to look very nice. I am happy you are pursuing this. I hope to play it when it is finished.

Happy Scripting,
    Bennet

16. roka

roka

Dont need to be sorry my friend , your welcome ;)

17. Paradigm-SW

Paradigm-SW

Are there games often on this? Bored...

18. Max_Damage

Max_Damage

I'm on most nights between 8 -10pm GMT.

Come on in and catch my nade.

roka is quite good at this , so we need to gang up on him.

Can't wait for the knife fights. Should be funny.

Max

19. Paradigm-SW

Paradigm-SW

I'm waiting for a shotgun, since I'm on a mac and so can't scope and shoot at the same time D:

Either that or a keybinding for the scope, I usually play with it on E or Q :p

20. virror

virror

I wish this would work from my office comp, then i would have joined for a short game ; )

21. roka

roka

ahhahahah Come on , i will be on the game at the same time (8h30/10 PM).

For information i have tested the team death match yesterday and i have a good result.

22. SevenBits

SevenBits

He's not, as determined by a whois of his domain.

23. TehWut

TehWut

You need to have weekly Unity - Frag - Fest, for run, feedback, and stress testing.

24. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Hey bud. I noticed you have an ad on the bottom of your webpage. I am having a hell of a time implementing any ad on my HTML page....any insight into how you got that working? I'm using ad code from my Google Adsense account.

25. UnlimitedEdition

UnlimitedEdition

We should plan a party over this weekend or next. I know we are all busy game devs but I think it would be cool to take twenty or thirty minutes to play his game all together. So someone pick a non outrageous time.

26. roka

roka

Nice idea. Normaly the next week-end i will update the game. So if some of you can come the next week-end in the evening for testing it ,this will be fine.

27. SevenBits

SevenBits

Except we're all in different days and time zones. Try saying a date and time in GMT (i.e London, U.K time). Then we can all adjust times accordingly.

28. UnlimitedEdition

UnlimitedEdition

Luckily I'm able to be up at pretty much anytime so I don't know exactly what time you guys want but just post it.

29. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Yeah I would schedule a time based on a specific time zone and we can all adjust to that. Would like a big group to get in there and test out the deathmatch aspect.

30. SevenBits

SevenBits

+1

31. roka

roka

- 24/06/2012
    Update:

Add Team Death Match Mode. ( room 1 to 4 is free for all | room 5 to 10 is team death match)
    Add fall damage sound when one enemy or friend fall down.
    Add medic/ammo refill zone.

We have change the radar system,score image and player information image.
    We have changed again the ragdoll character for a better render.
    We have changed the grenade damage and radius.
    Now the respawn protect in free for all mode is at 2 seconds and 5 seconds on the team death match mode.
    We have change all weapons accuracie and damage for a more balanced game.

Fixed the weapon display ( sometime you see one player who use AKM and see the MP5 on his hand)

Now the key settings is setup by default to wasd (qwerty keyboard) ( before he was zqsd (azerty keyboard).

Now when the game is updated and if you have change the key settings , you need to change it each update for the moment.
    The reason is because now i change the file name of my game each update for be sure that you get the new update everytime.
    This will be fixed soon.

32. StormGamer

StormGamer

roka i am StormGamer from the game :D

here is a sniper model i made, but as i said i lost the file =/
    i can remodel it for you, is this quality enough?

33. roka

roka

Thank for your offer, but your model seem have too much poly for my game.

34. StormGamer

StormGamer

=/
    this model is not avaiable anymore i can remodel it with less polys if you wish, well if interested contact me : ralf.power@hotmail.com

35. roka

roka

thx my friend

36. DrSega

DrSega

Hey Roka, please add me on skype, im DrSega, my skype username is:
    rhys.army

My email is:
    BOOMYCLANG12@Gmail.com

Please can u help me with networking?

37. UnlimitedEdition

UnlimitedEdition

No offense but networking is not just one specific thing, nor is it something that can be handled over one night or even a week. You may want to reconsider that offer.

38. SevenBits

SevenBits

He used Photon Cloud. He has better things to do with his time than help someone, I'm sure. Networking is a long and complex process.

39. DrSega

DrSega

yeah nevermind, thanks.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  40. roka

roka

Yeah is not because i dont want help you on your network but you need to understand what you do.
    Make a game is not my jobs , i do it in my free time for my fun so if i can do it , you can do it too.

41. DrSega

DrSega

i know :), btw i might have found a glitch on Rush Team, when my friend and i were playing and i would throw a grenade and he would see it bounce off a wall and come back to me but on my screen it goes straight at him and he dies not knowing how.

42. roka

roka

Thank for the info , i will take a look

43. Fallenrat

Fallenrat

woow looks like counter strike only better lol

44. prefix

prefix

Looking great! Who is doing your environment models?

45. roka

roka

I have buy character , weapons some props , i do the coding , map structure and map when i need it and some animations.

46. DrSega

DrSega

47. UnlimitedEdition

UnlimitedEdition

Hey how do you do your HUD, textures....

48. roka

roka

myself with Serif DrawPlus X3 and i have buy many textures

49. UnlimitedEdition

UnlimitedEdition

Sweet, I checked it out and do you know if it resembles photoshop or gimp... I'm getting sick of gimp but I don't really have 600 for photoshop. (Until I sell the next angry birds) :)

50. Max_Damage

Max_Damage

Hi roka, can we have the option to turn off the hud icons for the health and weapon stations, It's good when getting to know the map but annoying after a while with all these icons floating around the screen.

Thanks,
    Max