Unity Community

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

1. Posts

Rush Team [ FPS now in multiplayer ]

Hello crazy gamers and coders !

I don't know if you remember my last post ,where i have made one FPS/Zombie http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/881...eam-FPS-Zombie

But now i have sorted out Rush Team in multiplayer with photon cloud.

For the moment only one mode are available "Free For All" , 2 Maps "City Zone" and "Underground"
    3 weapons "1911 pistol" , "Grenade Frag" and "MP5 as rifle".

Some preview of the game :

Login:

Lobby:

Map City Zone:

Map Undertground:

Game Preview

Video Map Preview:

2 New video:

Game play of City Zone in multiplayer:

Game play of Underground in multiplayer:

If you want try it just come at my website http://www.asrprogs.net/ , create an account and have fun

Thank , Roka

I really like it, but how do u manage the login data?

3. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cod View Post
    I really like it, but how do u manage the login data?
    I do it with PHP and mysql.

that's ok, but if u want u could also take a look to http://unity3d.com/support/documenta...SocialAPI.html

5. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cod View Post
    that's ok, but if u want u could also take a look to http://unity3d.com/support/documenta...SocialAPI.html
    I will take a look , thank you

6. Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    This is looking great I also looked at your zombie game- nice! That post led me to "3D world studio", do you still use that software? Looks exactly like the Hammer World Editor (TF2/Counterstrike/Half Life), neat! Sure would be nice if all that building could be done right in Unity...save so much time and trouble...

Keep up the great work, I'll be trying out the web game ASAP
    Custom Tools for Unity 3D:
    ProBuilder: BSP-Style Build, Edit, Texture, and More, Right in Unity 3D
    ProGrids: Professional Grids+Snapping for Unity 3D
    QuickEdit: Edit any mesh, right in Unity 3D!
    QuickDecals: Bring your game alive in no time!

7. Posts
    Roka Hi, I would like to form a duo with you, I do not know if you want, but we could work together to get higher quality in a game, if you want some information about me so below:

Modeler, Texturizer, Map Designer
    1 year and a half of experience.

my skype: pedro.tcruzeiro

8. Location
    Brasil
    dude i sincerly loved your game! i was StormGamer and my friend was babadi

the visuals need some work but the gameplay is just awsome!

one question, were you able to see us? it was like if you knew were we where all the time

also i have a youtube channel about games, its in portuguese, would you allow me to make a video about your game? just showing it off a bit
    2D / 3D Artist | Student

9. Posts
    you still use that software?
    Yes i'm still using it.

I would like to form a duo with you
    At the moment i have too much work in my real life , so i work on rush team the evening and week end , so it's hard to work with someone at the moment. But thank you for your offer i will reflect on that

one question, were you able to see us? it was like if you knew were we where all the time
    Listen the sound as well my friends you can easily find all enemy if you listen the footstep

Thank for all your comments

Roka

10. Posts
    Also Well I only have time over the weekend, if you have hurry, would not work, but we can try

11. Location
    Amsterdam
    looks good!
    But your MP5 looks very dark in the outside map.

12. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefmen View Post
    looks good!
    But your MP5 looks very dark in the outside map.
    I know i will make some change soon.

If i have the time i will add the chat and make some other change this evening or tomorow.

13. Location
    West Virginia,USA
    Looking good guys!

14. Posts
    Been following this project from the start and really love what you guys have been doing. My only problem is that the game isn't very authorative... Ie. I had 4000 rounds in my clip.

Good work though!
    "I was thinking about makeing the sky violat, looks more fantasy."
    - s0dy

15. Location
    USA
    Is it me or does some of the texture look like there from Valve (source sdk) :s
    The "World" is 3D.

16. Posts
    I had 4000 rounds in my clip
    I have see that in game with you later but remember that on every game (same big game) it's really easy to do that , cheat protection or not.
    I have one idea about that and i think i can protect that without any cheat protector.

Is it me or does some of the texture look like there from Valve (source sdk) :s
    On the map Underground it's possible , this map is not made by me and maybe this user have used valve texture (i have sent an email to him for asking)

Thank you for your testing.

Roka

17. Posts
    Fortunately I caught you at the right time. Okay, here's how it goes.

The ammo (Rounds) are stored on the CLIENT. Because of this, the memory is owned by the client and therefore the client can do what it want with the memory. Be it edit it, make it unlimited.. so on.

The way to get around this is to store the ammo on the server. When a player connects, create a instance of this class and keep it as a child to the player:

Code:  
    1. public class PlayerAmmo {
    2. public int playerAmmoPistol = 60; // This can easily be calculated into clips on the client side (eg. 10 rounds per clip = 6 clips and so on
    3. public string playerName; // Optional
    4. }

Every time the player wants to shoot, you need to send an RPC to the server saying to execute the shoot function. This can then check if the player actually has ammo or not and can perform as with that result.

Basically, you need to make your game so the client can do anything they want client sided HOWEVER, it will not happen on the server.

hopefully this explains everything, Keep it up!
    "I was thinking about makeing the sky violat, looks more fantasy."
    - s0dy

18. Location
    Canada
    Good job, it worked great.
    My portfolio
    Dont abuse the little advantage you have over others

19. Location
    USA
    Yeah now that i look at it full screen i clearly saw decals made by valve and alot of the texture. seems as though who ever made the map used source sdk then exported it out to a fbx or obj with the textures still on.

Edit: Also some of the footsteps sound exactly the same from valve.
    The "World" is 3D.

20. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex95 View Post
    Fortunately I caught you at the right time. Okay, here's how it goes.

The ammo (Rounds) are stored on the CLIENT. Because of this, the memory is owned by the client and therefore the client can do what it want with the memory. Be it edit it, make it unlimited.. so on.

The way to get around this is to store the ammo on the server. When a player connects, create a instance of this class and keep it as a child to the player:

Code:  
    1. public class PlayerAmmo {
    2. public int playerAmmoPistol = 60; // This can easily be calculated into clips on the client side (eg. 10 rounds per clip = 6 clips and so on
    3. public string playerName; // Optional
    4. }

Every time the player wants to shoot, you need to send an RPC to the server saying to execute the shoot function. This can then check if the player actually has ammo or not and can perform as with that result.

Basically, you need to make your game so the client can do anything they want client sided HOWEVER, it will not happen on the server.

hopefully this explains everything, Keep it up!
    Yep it's a good idea but at the moment i use photon cloud so i can't do something servers side , i need to setup the mine.
    but i have some idea to prevent that in client side

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast