Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

free tiny (8bit alike) 2D level builder

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by jister, May 17, 2012.

1. jister

jister

just drop the blocks you wanna use in the block slot and the dot slot best a small red sphere orso (it shows you where you will place a block on mouse down)
    enjoy

EDIT: WILL UPDATE THIS POST WITH LATEST VERSION

features:
    - build 2D block level in play mode (need to add save scene, now still copy before stop then paste back into scene)
    - place and delete blocks
    - fill array with needed block and select ID in GUI (replace by pop up with texture of blocks)
    - orthographic and perspective choose Z distance (need to adjust offset for perspective)
    - collider for ray scales with camera resolution
    - WASD control on camera (need to add touch joystick for mobile)

updates:
    expanded GUI with switch ortho/persp button, change Z distance (still need to deactivate building when using GUI).

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  2. Catsoft-Studios

Catsoft-Studios

I personally have little time to spend going around this forums. I enjoy looking for inspiration, giving some advices or just watching what devs are currently working on.

I think I am not the only one who stands in the same situation, so if you want to receive some feedback, try to post something more visually attractive, like a couple of images or a video and not just a package.

;-)

3. jister

jister

thx Hasho,
    wasn't really my intention, I made it for someone who was using an illegal version of something similar from the asset store.
    I don't like it when peeps torrent stuff from the asset store although i could understand him (a student on a tight budget), so i quickly wrote him this.
    well i tough for all the others that are in a situation like him, maybe i can keep some folks from "steeling" stuff you guys made and try to earn and honest buck from.
    in anycase if they google unity 2D level builder i hope they find and use this instead (didn't really check if there's a free one out...)

but here's a small vid on how to use it, I added a public Z value so you can also use it with perspective cam.

http://screencast.com/t/fhAPAwIQNJK

and a quick screen:

and a new package:

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  4. jister

jister

made a small GUI for it where you can choose which block you want, planning to port it to mobile orso, so i though that could come in handy.
    I do wanna change the GUI to a popup menu, but first have to figure out how this works.

kind of like doing this so i guess I'll keep expanding it. I wanted some kind of game-editor for mobile anyway maybe this can become just that it the future...?

Attached Files:

5. jister

jister

moving to the WIP section. I'll revive this thread when finished. ;-)