Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] RPG Creature Pack

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by kalamona, May 15, 2012.

1. kalamona

kalamona

WEBPLAYER DEMO

Hello everyone,
    I just released a pack of RPG-ish monsters, bright and cartoony, but not without a spark of danger. It consists of 6 different monsters (slime, wasp, turtle, raptor, plant, minigolem), each has at least 3 different textures and at least 8 animations.

The creatures are relatively low poly, ranging from 500 to 1300 triangles. They all use 512*512 textures, diffuse only. Some creatures use smaller "alpha" textures, that contain partially transparent parts, for example the leaves of the "plant" monster or the wings of the "wasp" monster.

The monsters were done in 3ds max 9, and the source .max files are also included in the pack.

In the future, if the pack is relaitively successful, I plan to add more animations, texture variations, and even new monsters to the package (price will be increased then though).

ASSETSTORE LINK - 60$.

Still in doubt? Download the
    FREE DEMO WASP-MONSTER
    as an unitypackage, and import it to your project to see how it works. Technically all the other monsters are similar.

Questions? Comments? I'd love to hear your opinions either here in the forums, or you can send them directly to me: kalamona01@gmail.com .

cheers,
    Kalamona

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  2. kalamona

kalamona

Hm. I usually dont bump my own threads, but this one sinked a bit too fast :)

3. sonckc2001

sonckc2001

This pack is good, but I hope you can find the most simply one for demo prefab, let us can try how to use it.

PS: Your works are really fantastic, hope you do more and more

Are you a japanese? I hope you can co-operate with pixi, there are many outstanding design!!

4. kalamona

kalamona

Hello,
    Thank you!
    Yes, there is a free demo available:

FREE WASP MONSTER

It is an unitypackage that you simply can import to ypur package.

cheers,
    Kalamona

5. kalamona

kalamona

Due to a request, a new creature was added to the pack (Webplayer demo is updated too). Price remains unchanged. Thanks for everyone who already purchased the product!

6. fholm

fholm

Edit: Realized that I miss-understood, 60$ for all these models is really cheap. But you should get screenshots for all models in the thread, as I think a lot of people like me will assume it's just 3 models.

7. kalamona

kalamona

Now I am curious what you wrote first :) You are right, I created a new image:

8. Catacomber

Catacomber

This is a really nice package. I just started to work with it so haven't rated it in the Asset Store but it looks like 5 stars. : )

9. kalamona

kalamona

A new creature was added to the pack, a 4-legged bug-type monster. A total of 8 monsters now, each with 3-4 texture variations.
    $clawbug_render.jpg

10. kalamona

kalamona

Wow, this item was put on a 75% sale! Grab it now, I am sure the super nice author is already preparing a new monster to send in an update :)

11. StarAbove

StarAbove

How long will this pack be on sale?

Edit: Nevermind, figure it out, ahh, so dumb of me.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  12. kalamona

kalamona

Hey all,
    the sale was a big success, more than 100 units sold. To demonstrate my gratefulness, I added a new monster to the pack, a hovering elemental one. As an experiment, I created 2 more prefabs from it, with additional textures and particle effects.

As a technical note, I used 3ds max's CAT animation system to this elemental one, my first real try with that.

I also lowered the price to 45$ as an experiment.

cheers,
    Kalamona

ps: ingame picture: $elemental_printscreen.jpg

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013