Unity Community

View Poll Results: What would you like to see next with Animator?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • More Camera Transitions

17 17.17%
  • More Videos / Tutorials

19 19.19%
  • HOTween Support

25 25.25%
  • Unity 4.0 Support

65 65.66%
  • Other / Please Specify

7 7.07%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

1. Posts

Animator - The Ultimate Timeline Cutscene Editor for Unity

Now free and open-source!

Whether you come from a background in Flash, Motionbuilder, or are completely new to animation, you will find Animator a breeze to work with!

Key Features:

Timeline
    Inspired by industry leading animation software such as Flash and Motionbuilder, Animator's timeline is very easy to use.
    Robust easing
    Gain access to a large selection of robust easing algorithms.
    Fast workflow
    Every aspect of the extension is geared towards a fast workflow, and we are constantly improving.
    Combine tracks
    Make use of Translation, Rotation, Orientation, Animation, Audio, Property, Event, and Camera Switcher tracks. Add keyframes to animate a performance.
    Full control
    Use the built-in player, export to JSON, or selectively copy lines of code that run your animation from the Code View.
    Open-source
    Improve upon the extension as you see fit. Be sure to share your work in the forums!

or

Github*
    * GUISkin files under Animator/Files/Skins/Resources should be replaced with ones extracted from the Unity Package

Download Unity Package v1.53
    Download Documentation v1.53
    Download Documentation v1.53 Source (InDesign)

• Feel free to use in your commercial games. (No attribution necessary)
    • Feel free to modify and distribute the source code non-commercially* with your own documentation. (No attribution necessary)

The source code is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License
    *Note: You may use the extension in commercial games and other Unity projects. This license applies to the source code of the extension only.

Animator Videos

Archived Videos
    The following videos are from older versions of Animator, but might still have some useful information.

Translation Track: v1.00
    Audio Track: v1.00
    Animation Track: v1.00

Scripts
    The following scripts have been written to help you modify special properties with the Property Track. Attach to a GameObject, add the GameObject to a Property Track and modify the custom property.

• CameraShake.cs: A shaky camera effect. Attach to a GameObject with a camera.
    • ModifyAlpha.cs: Modify a GameObject's transparency. Must use a shader that supports transparency (such as those from the Transparent category)
    Last edited by absameen; 08-15-2013 at 02:58 AM.

2. Location
    COSTA MESA, CA. USA
    pretty interesting ! i m wondering if it s possible to add key frame on an existing character animation so that it can trigger an event( instantiate Fx and stuff ...) . i mean i d like to use that to synchro FX on animation : wizard casting spells, dragon spreading fire and so on ...

3. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rosor View Post
    pretty interesting ! i m wondering if it s possible to add key frame on an existing character animation so that it can trigger an event( instantiate Fx and stuff ...) . i mean i d like to use that to synchro FX on animation : wizard casting spells, dragon spreading fire and so on ...
    Edit: As of v1.12, Animator has an Event Track that lets you call any method from your own scripts.
    Last edited by absameen; 07-03-2012 at 03:25 AM.

4. Posts
    New Video - Translation Track Showcase

Get animating in less than a minute with the Translation Track!
    Last edited by absameen; 05-14-2012 at 01:37 PM.

5. Posts
    Looks nice, but one of the things I like best about the existing solutions is the ability to expand. For instance, I can create my own event types and put them on the timeline by writing the code for those events. Will that be possible with Animator?

Also, I don't see any mention of other properties. For instance, changing camera properties like FOV and that sort of thing. Naturally, if we can create our own custom events, this won't really matter.

6. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil™ View Post
    Looks nice, but one of the things I like best about the existing solutions is the ability to expand. For instance, I can create my own event types and put them on the timeline by writing the code for those events. Will that be possible with Animator?

Also, I don't see any mention of other properties. For instance, changing camera properties like FOV and that sort of thing. Naturally, if we can create our own custom events, this won't really matter.
    Edit: As v1.12, Animator has a Property Track that allows you to tween and ease any property, including Camera Field of View.

New Video - Animation Track Showcase

Coordinate your animations in the timeline with the Animation Track for a great performance.

7. Posts
    New Video - Audio Track Showcase

Synchronize music and sound effects to your performance in a couple of clicks with the Audio Track.
    Last edited by absameen; 05-15-2012 at 08:53 AM.

8. Posts
    I've spent 12 years of my past as a Flash animator... no need to say anything else, except: price? release date?

Amazing work!
    Last edited by clandestine; 05-15-2012 at 05:55 AM.

9. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    I've spent 12 years of my past as a Flash animator... no need to say anything else, except: price? release date?

Amazing work!
    Edit: As v1.12, Animator has been released in the Asset Store.

If you are familiar with Adobe Flash or Autodesk Motionbuilder, you will really feel at home with Animator.

10. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by absameen View Post
    If you are familiar with Adobe Flash ... you will really feel at home with Animator.
    I noticed that

Great work so far!

Very very very interesting !!!
    I have tried to sign up but I didn't receive any e-mail to confirm !?!

6R

12. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by p6r View Post
    Very very very interesting !!!
    I have tried to sign up but I didn't receive any e-mail to confirm !?!

6R
    Hi there, sometimes these confirmation e-mails get lost in the spam folder. If you still can't find it, PM me your e-mail address and I'll see to it that you're added to the mailing list.

Done...
    Thanks,
    6R

14. Posts
    I am proud to announce the release of Animator. This is your chance to snatch Animator 50% off for a limited time!

Check it out in the Asset Store

15. Super Moderator
    I got mail from my brother about this but my concern is - will it work on all platforms and does it play nicely with ex2D? We are considering it for TOB...
    Currently working with Sony on our new
    PS4 and Vita game in Unity!

This post is not representative of Simian Squared Ltd

16. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hippocoder View Post
    I got mail from my brother about this but my concern is - will it work on all platforms and does it play nicely with ex2D? We are considering it for TOB...
    So far, Animator has been tested on Windows, Mac and iOS. It's powered by AMTween, a modified version of iTween. If iTween works with your scripts, then you can rest assured that Animator will function well!

It should be noted that the Property Track uses Reflection methods GetValue and SetValue. According to the MonoCompaitability page, it should work on all platforms.
    Last edited by absameen; 05-22-2012 at 04:58 PM.

17. Posts
    Looks great. Thanks for incorporating my suggestion. I'll pick this up tomorrow.

18. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil™ View Post
    Looks great. Thanks for incorporating my suggestion. I'll pick this up tomorrow.
    Thank you for doing your part in shaping Animator! We take customer feedback very seriously

19. Posts
    New Video - Translation Track (v1.12)
    Get animating in a couple of minutes with the Translation Track!

Last edited by absameen; 05-24-2012 at 06:08 AM.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast