Unity Community

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1. Location
    FL - USA

Win and Mac Native Dialogs for Unity Pro

Native Dialogs in the Asset Store...

http://u3d.as/content/ba-kno-games/native-dialogs/2UP

We use this plugin in recent Charts application to open and save files, and to show warnings.

Very easy to implement with a few lines of code per dialog which work for both Win and Mac.
    Andres Martinez
    baKno Games
    www.bakno.com

2. Posts
    HI,
    I've bought your plugin but found one problem when working with MacOs standalone. The save dialog is only working in editor, not after building. The open works in both. My Unity is 3.5.2.

Other problem is that the alert dialog always shows the Warning, but my app is localized, so i should have a parameter to change it.

Any chance that you could implement a Activity dialog?

Thanks,
    Fernando
    Last edited by fcloss; 06-15-2012 at 07:41 AM.

3. Location
    FL - USA
    Hi Fernando

On the stand alone, please make sure it contains the CocoaDialog file within the plugins folder.

For the localized warning, you should be able to localize the message. Soon we will submit a new version to localize the title as well.

We could implement the Activity Dialog in a future version, but no promises on the timeframe, sorry.
    Last edited by bakno; 06-15-2012 at 08:00 AM.
    Andres Martinez
    baKno Games
    www.bakno.com

4. Posts
    Hi!
    Thanks for the fast reply.

Now i've checked the app file generated and realized the CocoaDialog was not there. Added and it worked.

Thanks very much. The plugin is very useful, hope you can improve it even more. And then i guess you sould rise its price, with new features like Activity and customizable dialogs, it will be a really important plugin for many projects.

Regards,
    Fernando

5. Posts
    Hi - I just purchased this and downloaded it. I am using a Mac. All of the dialogs work fine in the editor sample scene, EXCEPT the save dialog - it gets a Win32Exception (?). All I did was load the scene and press the button.

6. Posts
    If i am not wrong, in the pdf file that comes with the plugin it says save dialog doesn't work (in Windows) in editor mode, but works if you run the builded version.

7. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fcloss View Post
    If i am not wrong, in the pdf file that comes with the plugin it says save dialog doesn't work (in Windows) in editor mode, but works if you run the builded version.
    You are correct, it does say that. But I am not using Windows, I am on a Mac. Which is why it is weird that I see a Win32Exception.

8. Location
    FL - USA
    Hi Fernando

We have submitted a new plugin version with the new function to change the dialog title.

Jaimi. This error is documented as well:

Unity Editor may have issues with the “Microsoft.VC90.CRT” folder when publishing the application for Mac or Windows. If such issues present, please move the folder to a safe location outside of the Unity project and remember to copy it manually into the Windows build
    Andres Martinez
    baKno Games
    www.bakno.com

9. Location
    Denver, Co
    Does this work while the app is in full screen mode?

10. Location
    FL - USA
    No Jimihay. Just on windowed mode.
    Andres Martinez
    baKno Games
    www.bakno.com

11. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bakno View Post
    Hi Fernando

We have submitted a new plugin version with the new function to change the dialog title.

Jaimi. This error is documented as well:
    That is not what I wrote or said. I said the save dialog does not work IN THE EDITOR. it has nothing to do with publishing. I'm on a mac, and you press the save button in the sample scene, and it fails.

Here is what I do ON MY MAC RUNNING LION:

1. Import your package.
    2. Delete the Microsoft.VC90.CRT folder completely. It's gone!
    3. Load the sample scene "Main Scene.Unity".
    4. Press the "Save Button".

Win32Exception! ON MY MAC. No publishing. No windows.

Win32Exception: ApplicationName='/Users/jaimi/Test-a-roo/Assets/Plugins/CocoaDialog.app/Contents/MacOS/CocoaDialog', CommandLine='filesave --title "Save File" --text "Save As" --with-extensions .txt --with-file TestFileName', CurrentDirectory=''
    System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_noshell (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process)
    System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_common (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process)
    System.Diagnostics.Process.Start ()
    (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process:Start ()
    NativePanels.SaveFileDialog (System.String defaultFileName, System.String extension) (at Assets/Plugins/NativePanels.cs:19
    TestPanels.SaveFile () (at Assets/Utils/Scripts/TestPanels.js:42)
    TestPanels.OnGUI () (at Assets/Utils/Scripts/TestPanels.js:16)

12. Location
    FL - USA
    Hi Jaimi

We just tried the package on two macs running Lion and it works fine. With and without the Microsoft.VC90.CRT folder.

What Unity version are you running? One possible explanation is that your Mono libraries are for Windows and not for Mac.
    Andres Martinez
    baKno Games
    www.bakno.com

13. Posts
    I am running unity version 3.5.2f2, with the default version of Mono that ships with Unity, and my version of Lion is 10.7.4. All the dialogs work fine, except for the save dialog. I have another Monodevelop(2.4.2) installed that I do not use with Unity - it was part of MonoTouch.

Does your software require some other version of Mono installed besides the default Unity mono? If so, and this is the problem, do we need to bundle a specific version of Mono just to use the SaveFileDialog?

If I uncomment the section that says "This uses the bundled fileDialog but its unstable", and change the function name to "ShowSaveFileDialog", it does show the Save dialog, but I'm guessing there is some issue? If so, what could it be, seems to work fine, but then again, I'm not running every version of Lion.

14. Location
    FL - USA
    Jaimi

We are running the same OS version and Unity version in one of our Macs.

The Native Dialogs plugin does not require any other version of Mono, just the one that comes with Unity.

You can use the "ShowSaveFileDialog" but that one does not allow to change the file name on the stand alone.

If your problems are only on the Editor, use "ShowSaveFileDialog" for the editor and the other one for the stand alone.
    Andres Martinez
    baKno Games
    www.bakno.com

15. Posts
    Will you include the source to CocoaDialog.app so I can debug the crash?

16. Location
    FL - USA
    You can download it from its site... http://mstratman.github.com/cocoadialog/

I will check if we did any change to the source code to let you know.

Check: No edits to the source code.
    Last edited by bakno; 06-19-2012 at 06:47 AM.
    Andres Martinez
    baKno Games
    www.bakno.com

17. Location
    UK
    The SaveFileDialog is also not working for me on mac, same problems as above.

I'm calling the following method from within code;

string path = NativePanels.SaveFileDialog("NEWLEVEL","xml");

running this in the editor crashes * as noted in readme file *
    running this in the standalone build nothing appears at all
    I've tried adding the CocoaDialog file manually to the package, but still nothing appears appear.

Open file dialog functions correctly.

Mac OSX 10.7.4
    Unity 3.5.2

18. Location
    FL - USA
    Jaimi or SBurgess. Can any of you upload a sample project or package so we can check?
    Andres Martinez
    baKno Games
    www.bakno.com

19. Location
    UK
    No need, the same happens if you start a completely fresh project then import the native dialogs package into the project and build.

20. Location
    FL - USA
    You are right SBurgess.

We were able to find the culprit. Apparently the CocoaDialog.app internal files are not correctly recognized after downloaded and imported by Unity.

Please try using the attached file.
    Attached Files
    Andres Martinez
    baKno Games
    www.bakno.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast