Search Unity

UVersionControl

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by kjems, May 8, 2012.

1. kjems

kjems

I am maintaining a version control integration in Unity using SVN as backend and I am releasing it soon on the assetstore for free. It started out as a project at work and we still use it, but now I maintain it as a hobby project.

The code is available under the open source MIT License at following mercurial repository:
    https://bitbucket.org/Kjems/uversioncontrol/

UVersionControl is available on the Unity AssetStore.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 14, 2012
    tosiabunio likes this.
  2. ibps

ibps

Hi,

Error
    You do not have access to this repository.

(I have an account)

Looks interesting after see QuickGuide !

:D

3. kjems

kjems

Ahh, it was set to private. It is public now.

4. Girl + Robot

Girl + Robot

Silly question, where can I put in my credentials? The settings window doesn't have any place where I can put in my password.

I grabbed the version from the Store. ( Version 1.0.1.0 )

I get a window on startup: ( I replaced the sensitive information with XXXX or ######

Version Control Exception
    svn: OPTIONS of 'https://XXXXX@##.##.###.##:####/svn/warbands-arena/trunk/Unity/Girl%20+%20Robot': authorization failed: Could not authenticate to server: rejected Basic challenge (https://##.##.###.##:####)

5. Girl + Robot

Girl + Robot

I grabbed your source, and looked around, and though I found a few references of:

Code (csharp):
    1. public void SetUserCredentials(string userName, string password)
    2. {
    3.     vcc.SetUserCredentials(userName, password);
    4. }
    The only place I found that you actually make a call to SetUserCredentials is: ( I replaced your name and password with XXXXX )

Code (csharp):
    1. [Test]
    2. public void TestCheckout()
    3. {
    4.     vcc.SetUserCredentials("XXXXX", "XXXXX");
    5.     vcc.Checkout(urlToEmptyRepo, localPathForTest);
    6.     Assert.IsTrue(Directory.Exists(localPathForTest));
    7. }
    But no where do I see a place to get my password into this system.

6. Novack

Novack

If you read the PDF guide, you'll notice that currently the plugin needs an already checked-out folder with a chached login, so it does not handle that through Unity.

7. Girl + Robot

Girl + Robot

Yea cached login for svn won't fly here, oh well, guess I won't be using this...

8. Novack

Novack

Would you want to elaborate on why? Maybe we can help you find a way.

9. kablammyman

kablammyman

interesting. when i get into the office, I'll check this out. I've given up on svn for anything other than code lately...not worth the headache. I hope this fixes that.

10. Novack

Novack

So far has been an double experience. For one side, the core problems related to using SVN with Unity, seems solved with great style. On the other, sometimes certain operations freeze the editor, or turn it unreponsive without any kind of feedback.

So I guess is a matter of time to see how this evolves, but Im glad to see commits every few hour to the UVersionControl repo.

kjems, are you willing, open, wishing for any kind of feedback, requests, help, etc?

11. Novack

Novack

Just passing by to say how amazed I am about the progress of this extension. The latest version feels quite solid, stable, and has been a really nice experience. Finally this starts to look like a solid alternative to AssetServer.

12. nuverian

nuverian

Do you plan to support Mercurial at some point? Thanks

13. sockpuppet

sockpuppet

We're desperate to use this plugin, but keep getting:

We've got the subversion folder set up to use a key file, but I'm not quite sure if this counts as cached credentials?

Being able to use this plugin would be an immense help to us!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cool, so I solved how to get it working with private keys.

Here's what to do:
    Open windows explorer
    right click on a folder
    select TortoiseSVN>Settings

under general
    click the EDIT button labeled "Subversion configuration file" at the bottom of the right-hand panel

this will open notepad

search for [tunnels]

In the line underneath it, add

ssh=C:/Program Files/TortoiseSVN/bin/TortoisePlink.exe -i C:/Users/USER/Documents/Keys/SVN_KEY.ppk

where the first path "C:/Program Files/TortoiseSVN/bin/TortoisePlink.exe" needs to point at the same program on your computer (it should be the same in most cases)

and the second path "C:/Users/USER/Documents/Keys/SVN_KEY.ppk" points to where ever you saved your
    SVN_KEY.ppk file

save the file and close it, and close the TortoiseSVN settings window

that should be it

now if you go to unity it should open the overview window without complaining

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  14. sockpuppet

sockpuppet

Just want to say that UVC has made an immeasurable difference to our workflow and productivity!

Thank you!

15. ddeaco

ddeaco

Hi,

I'm completely new to SVN and I am not sure how or really where to start. :confused:

Do I need a separate SVN client for this plugin to work?

I have installed a UberSVN onto a our Mac server, which seem to have setup a SVN server.

Currently I have a unity project that is in a work in progress state. How do I go about adding it as a new repo and then have all of the users start working on it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    David.:neutral:

16. Jashengmato

Jashengmato

And how can i get it done on Mac?
    I'm keep getting that message too..

Any idea?
    Thanks

17. Caidezel

Caidezel

Hey,
    I'm currently trying to set uvc working under svn+ssh protocol. I'm just asking myself about this possibilitie...

Edit : sh*t, answer was some post over.

Edit 2 : Well i'm still stuck - $Bug UVC01.jpg

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
    yusjoel likes this.
  18. FriendAndFoeMatt

FriendAndFoeMatt

Hi,

I'm really excited to get my team up and running on this. We've been using Tortoise SVN for a while but the "Holler Lock" we've been using has proven insufficient especially with remote team members.

When I install the plugin, the import goes smoothly, but I can't turn on the version control in the docked window. I get the following error:

Unable to initialize 'Svn'.
    ApplicationName='svn',
    CommandLine='--non-interactive-info',
    CurrentDirectory='C:/Users/Matt/Documents/Land'
    CreateVersionControl took: 18ms
    Svn backend initialization failed!

I'm trolling the code to try to work backwards, but if anyone has any tips, much appreciated!

Attached Files:

19. FriendAndFoeMatt

FriendAndFoeMatt

An update: I found that this issue was due to SVN tools not being installed (they're not included in the default Tortoise install). Doing so fixed everything and now my whole team is happier than tailcoats at a craft cocktail bar!

tosiabunio likes this.
  20. tosiabunio

tosiabunio

Thanks for that solution - I was looking for reason why UVC works on one of my machines and doesn't on the other.

21. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

@kjems : I've publish the common solution for preventing icon overlapping for all third party extensions, maybe you can have a look and consider support it for the next update. Not only just icon overlapping but some other features as well, should not take you more than 5 minutes to integrate, so here is the link :

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/hierarchydraw-put-your-hierarchy-icons-under-control.319039/

I already support HierarchyDraw in my beta versions for Hierarchy2. Hopefully you will do it next ! :)

Thanks.

22. Cascho01

Cascho01

Seems to wok nicely with SVN, and I see you also support perforce (P4Backend.dll), but how can I activate it?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016