Search Unity

More Google OBB drama

Discussion in 'Android' started by bpritchard, May 8, 2012.

1. iivo_k

iivo_k

Okay, my problem was saving the license key string in serialized field, which somehow mangles it. Loading it from a text file now and it works as supposed (can't just have a magic string in the code, since the code is shared by projects).

2. break_heart

break_heart

Hello,

I get not solve the problem that occurs after downloading the .obb

Level 'Spalsh' (1) Could not be loaded Average User Because It added to the build settings.

Anybody can put the script to force the restart of the app ?, you have to play something on the manifest?

thanks

3. oxa89

oxa89

Hello.
    I got .apk and .obb on alpha test, and it is working good when I download it on phone. Problem is when I delete obb from phone and try to download it again manualy using Unity obb download plugin. It goes several times between "Connecting" and "Looking for resources", and then stops at "Download failed because the resources could not be found."
    I did set BASE64_PUBLIC_KEY in GooglePlayDownloader.cs.

4. Meltdown

Meltdown

I can confirm it works with Unity 5.

Although I never ended up using this package. I changed the Install location to Force Internal and Write access to Internal only in the Player Settings and it worked for me.

Now my app works fine with application split binary after downloading from Google Play Store.

To get it working with external access (i.e file read and write), I would suggest try adding the android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission to your Android manifest. (Although I haven't confirmed if this works). But my guess is if you don't have this permission, and because the files I was trying to access were in the External storage (default player setting), they weren't found.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  5. IronKnight

IronKnight

Can you see this topic and say what is wrong with my code?http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/need-help-with-finding-obb-during-game.365099/

6. IronKnight

IronKnight

7. GuilhermeDuarte21

GuilhermeDuarte21

Oi, então estou com dúvidas sobre o .OBB é realmente necessário instalar o direito de propriedade da unidade? "Google Play OBB Downloader". Ao pesquisar, fiz alguns dispositivos e não baixe o .OBB. Então, o aplicativo deve verificar se o .OBB existe e baixá-lo. Eu queria saber como configurar este recurso do google porque ele pede uma chave pública e não sei onde posso obtê-lo.