Search Unity

Character-Rig in Cinema 4d R13

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by koek, May 7, 2012.

1. koek

koek

Hello,

I created a test-rig for a character with the new Character object of Cinema4d R13 and the Advanced_Biped_Rig.

So far everything has worked out well. I exported my finished animation as FBX.
    In Unity the walk and idle animation is identified and assigned to the character, but the animations don't work.

I think the reason for this is the way I bake my animation in Cinema4d.

I choose my framerange in the timeline and then hit "function"> "bake objects".

But in the timeline only the controller-objects are displayed. So I bake it,and what I think happens (and what is the problem ) is, that it only "bakes" the positions of each controller object for each frame. And when I finally export my animations as FBX for unity, the connections between the controllers and the joints/bones get deleted.

So I think I really need to select all my joints and not the controller-objects in the timeline, and then bake it to make it work.

But how can I change the view-mode in my timeline from the controller view, to the whole hierarchy?
    Or do I have to convert the character object before baking?
    I just need access to the joints in the timeline to bake their positions...

2. dragolong95

dragolong95

mmm i know enough cinema 4d... but i didn't never use unity, because i don't decided yet if buy it or not....

so... i think that the problem is in the language used by cinema 4d, because it is different from that used by unity. when you created the controllers with Xpresso in cinema 4d, the program wrote some line of code that cannot be imported in unity..

this is that i think... but i'm not an expert and i repeat... i didn't never use unity.... i sorry for my bad english...

good work to all...
    Daniele