Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity car game

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by P33L0, May 7, 2012.

?

What typ of Game is better?

1. FPS

35.3%
  2. Racing game

64.7%
  1. P33L0

P33L0

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  2. P33L0

P33L0

For the smoke I tweaked the detailed smoke asset that unity supplied in the standard assets package.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  3. P33L0

P33L0

For the terrain I used unity's very own terrain creator. I am having some trouble with the trees because I want to make them solid but don't really know how except from making each tree itself without the terrain creator, can I have some help?

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  4. OmniverseProduct

OmniverseProduct

Have you tried creating a tree by going under GameObject - Create Other - Tree? I've never messed with it myself, but it sounds like that is what you want.

5. P33L0

P33L0

Thanks for the help, but i want to make multiple trees at a time. And it does not come up with the right sort of tree wanted.

6. P33L0

P33L0

I have been making a FPS over the past few months and thought that now is the right time to give you a slight preview bit by bit, starting with a few assets ( including a Gun Movement Script ) that can boost up your game.

Attached Files:

7. P33L0

P33L0

For my test dummies I downloaded the FPS Assets folder from the unity website . I then added projectiles to the robot and when the projectiles hit a mesh collider they explode into flames and smoke, only I have a problem that the smoke and the fire won't die out, any help? I have also made Ragdolls for the Test Dummies that i'll show you in a later video.

8. P33L0

P33L0

During the making of my FPS game I have learnt many things about buildings and other solid structures, this might help you when making a game in the future. Unfourtanly i'm not on my mac so i can't take video's or decent photos, so I am going to tell you instead: If you want to make solid building's all you have to do is put a mesh collider on to the game object wanted with the right mesh attached to it. And if you want to go inside it tick the smooth sphere collider ONLY. And if you don't tick convex aswell. Do not add a rididbody to the same Game Object because it will sink through the ground's enviroment.

9. P33L0

P33L0

While I am making short progress with my FPS Game because of the other games being desgined such as the Driving Game I introduced early on in this blog. I am trying to add Falling Damage to my player, any idea's? If you can email me at funnyredrabbit@yahoo.co.uk or just post it on this blog. Thanks for the help.

10. P33L0

P33L0

For the water in my FPS game I changed the Night Time Simple Water Asset so the colour was diffrent. As a test I used both Day Time Simple Water and Night Time Simple water assets in comparison and the Night Time Simple water worked better with being more detailed. You can find these assets in the water (basic) folder of standard assets.

11. P33L0

P33L0

At first, i started with a car i downloaded from the assets store but now i am going to start making my own with blender. Starting with the tyres i'll work up ending with a sports car (no perticualer type).

12. P33L0

P33L0

Here are some pictures of my FPS so far.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  13. P33L0

P33L0

I am in need for a crouch script for my unity FPS aswell as a falling damage script, as a special thanks I will give you my M4A1 model, for free here is my email address if you want to email the scripts: funnyredrabbit@yahoo.co.uk

14. P33L0

P33L0

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  15. ppan

ppan

Looks pretty cool, I like the style.

16. P33L0

P33L0

Thanks, I have made my own car and will show some new pictures of it soon.

17. carking1996

carking1996

Sounds good!

18. P33L0

P33L0

19. kweiko

kweiko

Really cool stuff here, I liked the firing and the ragdoll. Would be nice to see some effects later on when you fire at them, e.g. them spinning a bit around while falling (as if being hurt from fire) or falling backwards as if something pulled them a bit. Also, you can implement a sniper effect, then you would be able to aim and shoot at enemies inside the helicopters and stuff.
    I liked the water, but the work a bit more on the waterfall, put for instance an image instead of a lot of particles (the particles can be distributed more), and some fog at the end when the water reaches the pond.

For your car game, I'd add some delay when turning, which would be more realistic feedback when turning the wheels. But I see it's coming along nicely! Keep it up =)
    Did you get the crouch and damage scripts done?

20. P33L0

P33L0

Thanks for the exellent feedback that's coming in, it's giving me a great boost in both my Games here is anouther image of my FPS. My car for the Unity Car Game is almost complete and in a few days time will be up on this thread.

Attached Files:

21. SevenBits

SevenBits

The video of your FPS is very jittery; I can't even watch it.

22. P33L0

P33L0

I'll try geting into this as soon as possible but at the minute im working on the fog effects.

Thanks, i've started making the fog with the smoke assets in the Standard Assets package.

My Scripts aren't completed yet but they willbe very soon.

23. P33L0

P33L0

It might just be your broadband connecton? But i have to admit the camera does rotate sometimes.

Attached Files:

24. SevenBits

SevenBits

No, my Broadband is fine, other YouTube videos play well. Maybe it's your screen recording software?

25. P33L0

P33L0

Thanks for the feedback the video has now been fixed and I am currently working on the enemy's AI scripts.

Here is the link to the new and improved video:
    \http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClQT5nXjai0

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012