Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it possible to have multiple settings for the same project? (mobile, Web, etc)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by dudeabot, Apr 28, 2012.

1. dudeabot

dudeabot

Just as the title says, i wanted to know if theres is a automatic way of -when building- unity could switch the material for simpler ones (or switch the shader to simpler techniques) according to the project type. for example. if I have a Web project, there could be some fallback material when i publish to mobile. Another cool option would to have some toggle to switch between texture sizes according to building as well. for example, for WEB i could leave the texture as it is, but for mobile i could ask it to crop 1/2 size.

Or do I have to start a new project and copy everythnig and tweak materials there?

Thanks

2. Dreamora

Dreamora

No need to do that.
    All you need to do is write your shader using shaderlab LOD tags and then use the global shader lod level to limit it depending on the platform and hardware (cause just cause its web or just cause its mobile does not mean much, there are users with desktop crapier than ipad 3, significantly crapier)

And the texture size is already present, see quality settings dialog

3. dudeabot

dudeabot

thanks :) i found one thing though, it shows nothing on inspector if i select a DDS texture, but if select a TGA texture it shows the options you said.

strange =/

4. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

A DDS texture is already in a native format, so there's nothing to do.

--Eric