Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Pixel art software

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by keith patience, Apr 28, 2012.

1. keith patience

keith patience

Hi folks. This has probably been asked a hundred times but is there any good pixel art software out there , downloadable , in the same style as the piq web page. By this i mean anything that has the grid option and the ability to draw "snaped" to that grid. I tried photoshop but wasnt what i was after. Any info would be helpfull

2. mgear

mgear

3. DavidB

DavidB

Ragepixel (free unity extension by keely) is great. If you prefer standalone programs, there is a half decent free one called GraphicsGale. There is a paid version, but the free one is likely all you need.

4. OmniverseProduct

OmniverseProduct

I know this isn't pixel art but have you ever tried vector graphics? Seems to be the better option now days.

5. dylan2008

dylan2008

i'm sorry for the question, but can i place a post on this forum, i cant find the button, i only can sent messages? i want to start a post and not reply to something

Sorry, find it :p

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  6. Jessy

Jessy

7. kellygravelyn

kellygravelyn

8. robostx

robostx

Consider GRAFX2 http://code.google.com/p/grafx2/ too. Interface might seems a little bit 'unusual' but after a while it becomes very handy.

It is free and available on a lot of platform (Win, MacOS and Linux is most obvious but there is more).

Give it a try!

9. Pix10

Pix10

10. Amon

Amon