Search Unity

Pixel art software

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by keith patience, Apr 28, 2012.

1. keith patience

keith patience

Hi folks. This has probably been asked a hundred times but is there any good pixel art software out there , downloadable , in the same style as the piq web page. By this i mean anything that has the grid option and the ability to draw "snaped" to that grid. I tried photoshop but wasnt what i was after. Any info would be helpfull

2. mgear

mgear

3. DavidB

DavidB

Ragepixel (free unity extension by keely) is great. If you prefer standalone programs, there is a half decent free one called GraphicsGale. There is a paid version, but the free one is likely all you need.

4. OmniverseProduct

OmniverseProduct

I know this isn't pixel art but have you ever tried vector graphics? Seems to be the better option now days.

5. dylan2008

dylan2008

i'm sorry for the question, but can i place a post on this forum, i cant find the button, i only can sent messages? i want to start a post and not reply to something

Sorry, find it :p

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  6. Jessy

Jessy

7. kellygravelyn

kellygravelyn

8. robostx

robostx

Consider GRAFX2 http://code.google.com/p/grafx2/ too. Interface might seems a little bit 'unusual' but after a while it becomes very handy.

It is free and available on a lot of platform (Win, MacOS and Linux is most obvious but there is more).

Give it a try!

9. Pix10

Pix10

10. Amon

Amon