Search Unity

UnityDevelop 4 (UnityScript support for FlashDevelop 4) - beta release

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by soulburner, Apr 27, 2012.

1. soulburner

soulburner

I'm glad to share you the first beta release of UnityScript support for FlashDevelop 4.

$unitydevelop.png

The latest news and download links can be found here: http://gamejam.ru/unitydevelop/index.html

What features does UnityDevelop 4 support?

Code completion (intellisense-like)
    $ud_isense.png

Function parameters help
    $ud_parhelp.png

Project overview and classes outline

$ud_outline.png

Easy jump to declaration (Ctrl+Click)
    $ud_ctrl_click.png

The topic on the official FlashDevelop foum is here: http://www.flashdevelop.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9534

You can share the bugs, whishes etc here or at FlashDevelop forum.

And, of couse, it is free. :)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  2. gillen033

gillen033

How do I use it? I downloaded the file, but it doesn't have an installer like the regular FlashDevelop. Do I need to stick it somewhere? I've tried leaving the dl'ed folder on the desktop and putting it into program files (as well as program files (x86)). When I open a script from unity it opens fine, but none of the auto complete features work. Also, I've tried changing the Add bracket automatically to true, but that doesn't do anything either.

I have Windows 7 x64.

Thanks!

3. varomix

varomix

This is fantastic news for me
    I use the old version all day long and works great
    I bet this one is gonna be even better

thanks for the great effort you guys

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  4. soulburner

soulburner

I'm using Win7 x64 too. You just need to unzip archive somewhere and run .exe file.

For autocomplete - try creating a new unityscript project. Everything's working fine. We're using this tool in our team for a half of year so far.

5. GWJustin

GWJustin

Hey, thanks for this. I was getting tired of using MonoDevelop.

I have a couple questions about using UnityDevelop with Unity.

1) Do you know of any way to only allow one instance of UnityDevelop? When I select a script file from within Unity, I'd like it to open up UnityDevelop which is already open. Right now it opens a new instance for every script selection.

2) Is there any way to exclude certain file types from the project view inside UnityDevelop? I'm using the Unity Asset Server and it adds a .meta file for every script file. It would be nice if I didn't see those files with the rest of my Project script files...

6. GWJustin

GWJustin

Ok, I'll go ahead and answer my questions. I figured them both out.

1) Your UnityDevelop package unzips with a file called ".multi" in the root next to the "FlashDevelop.exe". This file allows for multiple instances of the application, so remove this file and only one instance will run at a time. This way whenever you select a code file from within Unity, it will open in the existing instance.

2) Inside UnityDevelop in the Project Explorer, just right click on the Project name and deselect "Show Hidden Items" from the menu. That was easy.

7. soulburner

soulburner

Thanks for your reply!

Multi-instance issue is very usefull.

8. XavLar

XavLar

Is there a way to have custom themes? for example I have the Obsidian theme for Syntax Highlighting, the pure white background is very painful for the eyes (for long coding sessions).

9. soulburner

soulburner

Sure. All colors are custumizable.

10. xikky

xikky

I might be saying something stupid .. but how can I add other 'libraries' to my project?

If I import 2D Toolkit can I add this tool's classes to my current project and thus intellisense displays 2D Toolkit's classes too?

11. noania

noania

Does anyone have a valid link for the UnityDevelop4? Is it still being developed? I was very excited to see that I can use the familiar and decent IDE in replacement of monodevelop but the link seem to be dead :/