Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

UA 2008: Tumbledrop! (Final version webplayer!)

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by dock, Sep 14, 2008.

1. dock

dock

Thanks to everyone that took time to try it out, I really appreciate the feedback. I'm going to see if I can fix some of the minor bugs soon, such as the momentum on refreshing level, and any instable levels. Then I'm going to get on with working on new levels and features, and do a big update in a month's time.

Glad people enjoy the transitional effects... they proved to be a bit of a nuisance at times! Haha. They mostly use animations that I've imported, and the levels are loaded offscreen using LoadSceneAdditive and then are scrolled in.

2. jeremyace

jeremyace

Top...Notch. Very pro, I was impressed as soon as the first level loaded.

Great attention to detail, and slick all around. I love it!

-Jeremy

3. gizzerd91

gizzerd91

Seems a lot like Splume in graphical style and gameplay (2D clicking game, particles when you destroy stuff, etc). The judges likes and dislikes are probably going to remain the same, so that bodes well for you. I was just watching the award ceremonies for the Top DOG competition last year. They had atleast 5 times more entrants than the current competition. Does anyone know why such a low turn out?

4. dock

dock

Thanks Jeremy, I'm glad you enjoyed it! ^_^

UA2008 has around the same number of registrations as Tog Dog did, with 39 games at my last count. Check the showcase forum, there's a lot of UA2008 branded threads. ^_^ It's great to see everyone's games come together for the competition.

5. Dakta

Dakta

Totally awesome! Soo cute! Shows the power of Unity, even in 2D.

Beautifully done.

6. dock

dock

Thank-you, I'm glad you like it! ^_^

I want to do an updated version with more features, but I should probably take my time to make sure it works okay.

7. Dakta

Dakta

Sounds like a good idea!

8. Charles Gill

Charles Gill

9. S.T.

S.T.

Bestest casual game i have ever played! :D

edit: Would be fun to see the stats after last level...
    edit2: Level designer would be cool :)

10. hk1973

hk1973

Perfect for iPhone!!!!

11. dock

dock

I've started teaching myself to compose music in Garageband, so I'm hoping to write my own soundtrack for Tumbledrop. Unfortunately this means I won't be able to get the next version of the game done as quickly as I had hoped, but I hope it will mean the whole thing blends together better.

It's pretty satisfying to make the whole game myself. ^_^

12. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

Just wanted to say that my daughter (almost 6yr) loves this game :)

13. dock

dock

Thank-you, this really warms my heart!

I really wanted to make the game fun and accessible to people, and hearing that especially young or especially old people are having fun with what I made is incredibly gratifying.

14. Joe-Robins

Joe-Robins

Unity Technologies

Hey Dock, I just noticed the link to your site... you are an awesome artist too!!

great work man...

15. dock

dock

Cheers Joe! Haven't updated my site in a while, but I'm glad you like what I have on there. I should add some new drawings. :3

Just wanted to post to say that I have bought Unity Pro (thanks to the generous discount for UA2008 entrants). I quickly updated the my webplayer to remove the watermark, and have a custom loading screen.

I really need to get back to work on Tumbledrop soon!

16. boomaster_legacy

boomaster_legacy

I came a little late for this, but how in the world did you do those great 2D effects in Unity??? It looks great. TUMBLEDROP!

17. nickavv

nickavv

Speaking of this, my brother took a video of some glitches in Tumbledrop yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50oMSkwO8i8&feature=channel_page

basically you just have to mash the replay button after beating a level, which causes the current level to replay as well as the next level to come in. Causing them to explode. :p