Unity Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Posts

Who wants to make a Christian game with me?

I need:

Character Artists

I will do:

programming, texture art & storyline.

PM me for the storyline.

2. Location
    Rapid City, SD, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Torsh View Post
    I need:

Character Artists

I will do:

programming, texture art & storyline.

PM me for the storyline.
    You should post a basic concept here. You will more than likely get a lot more people this way.

3. Location
    United States, California
    lol. can we have more information?

4. Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jesseetzler View Post
    Only if jesus rides a velociraptor which is more believable to me than some stories in a fairytale book.

You should be more tolerant of people's religions or don't post at all.
    Currently working with Sony on our new
    PS4 and Vita game in Unity!

This post is not representative of Simian Squared Ltd

5. Posts
    Only if jesus rides a velociraptor which is more believable to me than some stories in a fairytale book.
    Indeed.
    It would be nice to show more respect to other people's ideas / works and even more to any religion.

It did not look very good from your part.
    Project : LIVED Backwards
    Style: Single Player J-RPG
    Similar to: Persona 3 / 4
    Content: Social Features, Combat System, Leveling, Day by Day game-play, Choices
    Graphic Style: Anime

THREAD: HERE

PM me if interested

"Make it big, I grow bigger"
    "Live your Imagination and not your Story"
    "Concept Artist to 3D Modeler: See that line? Make it happen"

6. Super Moderator
    Please keep your insulting comments to yourself. There is no reason to bash anyones religious beliefs no matter what they believe in. Be more tolerant. Thanks.
    I am available for Freelance work! Contact me via PM or email.
    My blog: Click to open
    Twitter: Thomas Pasieka

7. Location
    www.eboncourt.com San Diego
    As a Christian, I see comments like that all the time. They are a bit tiresome, and really unnecessary.

8. Location
    NZ
    All I will say is religion is a very touchy subject so be careful how you go about implementing it. Be aware also that by choosing one over the other you are probably cutting out other big market chunks. I assume you have a target market though, and I could see how some of the things in the bible could be interesting in a game, although how you would make them into a game im unsure of.
    www.fingerbait.com :: Inferno - Multiplayer SciFi RTS :: Free Console

Don't mind me, I'm just a Negative Nancy.

9. Location
    Rapid City, SD, USA
    it might be easier to market it if you research what religions, orthodox or otherwise, have in common and use that instead of limiting your audience.

10. Location
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by hippocoder View Post

You should be more tolerant of people's religions or don't post at all.
    Sorry I was just trolling. I don't judge people for their religous beliefs or anything. I do have a right to my own opinion as well.
    Unity 3D Tutorials made easy! http://www.youtube.com/JesseEtzler0

11. Location
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Pasieka View Post
    Please keep your insulting comments to yourself. There is no reason to bash anyones religious beliefs no matter what they believe in. Be more tolerant. Thanks.
    I didn't mean to offend anyone, was just speaking my mind. I do have that right but in any case I do apologize and didn't mean any harm by it.
    Unity 3D Tutorials made easy! http://www.youtube.com/JesseEtzler0

12. Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    I didn't mean to offend anyone, was just speaking my mind. I do have that right but in any case I do apologize and didn't mean any harm by it.
    Actually, no, you don't have that right. This is not a "free country", its the Unity forums. Of course you're entitled to have your opinion, but no one was asking for it. Either way, its said and done.

As to the game, the religious gaming market is a tough one, and historically hasn't been able to support any kind of game. There was actually an RTS several years ago (I think based on the Left Behind books), which looked pretty cool. Unfortunately, no matter how cool its features were, there just weren't enough players to justify or support it.

Good luck though.

13. Location
    Rapid City, SD, USA
    I do have that right
    Wrong. Unity is on the internet not in a country. Therefor they make their own rules.

14. Volunteer Moderator
    I didn't mean to offend anyone, was just speaking my mind. I do have that right
    Nope. Around here we are quite the dictatorship. But seriously, yeah, you can't just say whatever you want here, sorry. Unity Technologies owns these forums and they set the rules. No trolling please.

--Eric
    SpriteTile: new tile system that works seamlessly with Unity 4.3 sprites
    FlyingText3D: dynamic 3D text with TTF fonts | Vectrosity: fast & easy line drawing
    Nifty utilities! Stitch terrains together - runtime model importing - file browser - fractal landscapes

15. Posts
    I would actually really like to hear the story of the game -- I have never encountered a game that would be based around a religion, wonder what a story like that would look like?
    Looking for helpfull hands with an action/RPG fan game -- link
    Remember to have a nice day and smile!

Quote Originally Posted by khanstruct View Post

As to the game, the religious gaming market is a tough one, and historically hasn't been able to support any kind of game. There was actually an RTS several years ago (I think based on the Left Behind books), which looked pretty cool. Unfortunately, no matter how cool its features were, there just weren't enough players to justify or support it.

Good luck though.
    Actually their is a lot of christian game :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_video_game

thair is even a AVGN video about them :
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkNvQYiM6bw

But the world seems to be still waiting for a good christian game.

Jesus on a velociraptor ? It's a stupid idea because dinosaurs never existed in the bible, it's not canon. Still Jesus can ride a Leviathan, a Belemoth or Tanniyn -_- (Which could be awsome !). He could also ride a snake with legs but it would be less awsome.

By the way I would like to hear the pitch of this game

17. Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    And there's that line between religious and blasphemous.

Personally, I'm a far cry from religious, but I'm fairly certain that if you were to make a "jesus is a badass" game, you'd be actively shutting down your already small market.

I also never said there weren't any christian games. I, in fact, mentioned one. However, the mass market has never heard of any of the titles on that list.

18. Location
    www.eboncourt.com San Diego
    According to the Bible, Jesus suggest that he will return. As a badass. To do some serious smiting.

The Bible is chock full of violence. I don't see why a game couldn't be made based on it. Whether it would be fun and attract a large audience would depends on what the premise of the game is.

19. Location
    US
    Religion in video games is not a touchy subject as many AAA games have some sort of religion practice that thrust the main story onwards with the main character. Doing a Christian game would be interesting, but I would suggest a game that would question a believer's belief in the religion and his belief in Jesus Christ. I like the idea, and would like to see this happen. I may have some ideas on the concept so I may be of help, anywho good luck to you, or in Christian terms, God bless you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast