Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Environment Pack [available]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Jacal, Apr 25, 2012.

1. sleglik

sleglik

Trees and busher are not from Unity editor? Not affected by wind?

2. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

downloading stops at 0% (tried over 10 times) ... weird!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  3. Jacal

Jacal

Thanks guys!
    @Sjm Tech: Ouch! I hope this will be fixed fast, seems to be an Asset Store error.
    @sleglik: I don't exactly get what you mean but bushes are affected by wind. Like trees and grass.

4. sleglik

sleglik

5. Legacy

Legacy

He already stated they are made with the unity tree creator haha.

Will purchase this later tonight :) thanks. Anyway I could request and purchase models for the game i am building? The link to our collaboration post is: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/13...ntertainment-is-looking-for-dedicated-members . I am definately in need of some pretty specific stuff for environments and everything so far that has the quality and look and feel we are going for we have purchased already but it all seems to be standard realistic style stuff. The kinds of things im looking for are things such as fantasy trees etc say for an elven forest etc and definately much more.

6. Jacal

Jacal

@ sleglik: Ok, now i got it, all bushes and trees are made with the Tree-Editor, and fully adjustable.

@ Efraser2007: Sure, thats looks neat btw.

7. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

I look forward to see a fix...thanks

8. Jacal

Jacal

No problem i will do my best to help fixing this issue.

9. DevionGames

DevionGames

I hope it will be fixed soon, please let me know.

10. Jaimi

Jaimi

I've purchased this, and I can download it OK. I can load the Inventar scene to see the meshes. However, when I load the isle_01 scene, I get the following error:

Mesh has no UV (texture coordinates) data.
    UnityEditor.PostprocessScene:postprocess()

11. Jacal

Jacal

@Jaimi: Thanks for pointing this out!, I've done some tests and found the bug plus solution.
    It's an empty transform in a Lod mesh, that just needs to be deleted.
    Found in the scene Hierarchy:
    Graveyard/Tower_Grp_Lod/MageTower_Lod_03(Clone)/MT_Brace_Stones <--Delete.
    I will release an update very soon, this just a quick guide to fix it.
    I'm really sorry that this mistake made it into the release, i want it to be as great as possible.

@Sjm Tech / Zerano: I've contacted the Asset Store administration, downloading the package should work.

Added a new video to the first post! :)

12. pkid

pkid

I just bought the pack, It downloaded and ran OK, but the main reason I bought the pack was for the "big" scene shown at the beginning of the video, the one with the river. I can't find that scene in the pack, is it there?

13. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

incredible pack ...very rich and with awesome quality of each object.

edit: only a note... the package is very big and heavy for non high end machine.. in my ancient home pc it cause many crashes: during asset store downloading, importing and playng biggest scenes ... but the pack remain awesome.

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  14. DevionGames

DevionGames

Just purchased it, downloading now, i am very interested in learning how you made the light settings :D

15. l0cke

l0cke

This is not problem of package, but memory leaks of Unity. Once you have bigger project, you will experience this all the time.

16. l0cke

l0cke

Amazing pack. Just one note. I downloaded High-res texture package, but visually there is almost no difference (most of time zero). Does it mean, that is was only upscale in photoshop?

17. DaphydTheBard

DaphydTheBard

This looks amazing. Another sale coming your way.

18. siflandolly

siflandolly

I am having the same issue with the crashes. What helped me was making my own brand new scene and going to the Isle scene and creating prefabs of the different components (castle, dungeon, etc). So far it is not crashing on me in my own scene. I left out all the rocks along the hillside even though they look great.

19. siflandolly

siflandolly

Is there any way to minimize the crashes? I guess it helps to have more RAM on your machine? I only have 4GB right now.

@pkid That scene is called "isle" or something like that

20. Jacal

Jacal

Thanks a lot guys !

@L0cke: The high-res textures are not upscaled but the textures in package are downscaled at max. 1024*1024
    because of the 500 mb upload limit for the Unity Asset Store.
    You could check your import compression settings which is turned on by default.

21. MrDude

MrDude

These crashes have me worried... Has anyone tried using this kit with Unity's culling features? ...or is the crashes WITH them ???

22. siflandolly

siflandolly

Well firstly it's only the scene from the video (he includes 4 scenes in the package) that crashes and it's not really crashing when you are playing the scene. It's actually when editing manipulating the scene in the editor. It helped when I made my own scene and put less stuff in it. So it's not that his package is bad but it's just that 1 scene from the video that has so much great stuff that it's a little too much for some of our PCs.

23. Jacal

Jacal

@siflandolly / MrDude: You could try to adjust your quality settings, the Isle scene is build with Lod and Occlusion Culling-(Unity Pro).
    Also, you could try to tweak the terrain settings. fitting to your machines.
    On my machine it runs smooth with 50 - 70 fps.
    My PC specs are: Amd Phenom 2 3 GHZ: 8 GB Ram: ATI 5750: Win 7 64 bit.

24. MrDude

MrDude

Same difference. notice the title of the thread and of of the pack? If You can't make the same scene that is being displayed then what's the point? Saying "Here is a kit, just please don't use too much of it at a time cause your computer has to be super powerful for you to use it" ... i state again my fears...

This pack looks awesome and I am scratching around to find the pennies to buy it but if I can't recreate the same scene and am forced to delete first 10% then 20% then 50% until my machine can handle it then this is a waste of money...

Can someone just confirm for me wether you have or have not tried this using occlusion? I believe that should solve any issues right there. Perhaps the billboard cutoff distance also? Is there no way to keep this scene just as is and still use it without issues?

It sounds like the guy put in a lot of effort to hand paint everything to look absolutely astonishing. Not being able to use the scene as is would be a real shame...

Edit: took too long to type :)
    50 - 70fps on 8Gb of RAM doesn't make me very at ease when I only have Core Duo 2.4 with 3Gb RAM... :( (Sweating bullets)

@Jacal...
    Any word on a web player, yet? I'll gladly host it on my webspace if need be. Got unlimited traffic bandwidth so I don't mind...

25. siflandolly

siflandolly

@Jacal I only have Unity Free. The Isle runs pretty well actually at about 70 FPS. It actually crashes just by manipulating the scene in any way. When I watch my memory usage I can see it getting close to maxing out. I have Win 32bit and 4GB of RAM so that's probably it. I don't think this should keep anyone from buying this product because it's really great and I think my issues are just because I don't have enough RAM.

26. l0cke

l0cke

Fill bug report and push Unity to finally do something with it. Unity is 32bit, so more than 4GB wont make big difference (on 64Bit OS and 8GB ram you can postpone problem little bit). Lots of people here is reporting it already more than 1,5 years and it is ignored. I hope, that people will start to make bigger projects and so community will make bigger push on Unity team.

27. l0cke

l0cke

Well, I tried, but visual difference between 1024 and 2048 version is almost invisible. Nothing important, just giving you feedback :)

28. DevionGames

DevionGames

i paid more then 85 euro and it does not load the scene, unity crashes if i hit play. I am a little bit angry...

29. l0cke

l0cke

You are angry at wrong guy, fill bug report and be angry on Unity team.

30. DevionGames

DevionGames

No i am not angry at this guy, i think he does his best. I simply do not know, why we pay 30%...

Edit:
    i am also missing this position from the video, could someone tell me which scene and which coordinates it is?

31. Jaimi

Jaimi

I'm on a Macbook pro, and have 16GB of RAM, so take this for what it is worth. For the island scene I am able to load the scene without problems (after deleting the bad model above), and play the scene without problems. I can edit the scene without any problem. Unity reports about 200MB of VRAM usage (I've downscaled the lightmaps, by default they were very high resolution), And Activity Monitor says the process is using 924mb of RAM. I'm getting about 30fps (hey, it's a notebook).

The only thing hankey I can see is with lightmaps - sometimes they are incorrect (brightly light stones or walls on some LOD, etc). I do not believe this is a problem with the scene, but likely with Beast and/or unity.

32. kersk

kersk

Hi,

I've bought a few packs in the past that looked really nice but have assets with high tri-counts and high material counts that make them very difficult to actually use in a game without a ton of work to clean them up.

It sounds like this pack has reasonable tri-counts, but how optimized is the material usage?

On average, how many materials are used for each asset? 1? :)

33. DaphydTheBard

DaphydTheBard

To anyone who's considering buying this - do it. It's absolutely beautiful. A truly fantastic piece of work.

34. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

I'm not sure if you are trying to run it on mobile and therefore have need for low poly and less materials.
    I'm pretty sure it won't run well on mobile, but this is mainly because Unity has some more optimisation work to do here, for example Unity trees are very expensive on the mobile platforms.

35. Meltdown

Meltdown

Asset pack purchased.
    Couldn't resist..

36. DevionGames

DevionGames

Do you found this place?

37. GamaGui

GamaGui

Is there a playable demo of the scene?

38. Lostlogic

Lostlogic

When will it be upgraded to 3.5.1?

39. Jacal

Jacal

Thanks a lot guys, i'm glad you like my work :)

@ Zerano: The river scene was just made to showoff the autumn trees, this scene got corrupted and i decided to not put it into the release.
    All Assets that are shown in this scene are off-course included in the package.

@ Lostlogic: I uploaded the package in version 3.5.1 , which i currently have installed.

40. siflandolly

siflandolly

I agree. This pack is incredible. I can't wait to see what you come up with next. Also, I lowered my Quality (Project Settings -> Quality) and I haven't had any more Unity crashes (crossing fingers)

41. EISOBAX

EISOBAX

wow very nice.

42. guacamola

guacamola

Jacal (or Philipp) i´m Ricardo (guacamola) I just bought your excellent work, and I wonder if it is possible to have a exclusive use of it and what would be its price.
    Congratulations!

43. Legacy

Legacy

I don't think you can ask for exclusive use of an already public asset that has been purchased by many others already haha.

44. Swearsoft

Swearsoft

well it is, but the license would be something like: no more sales after this and all previous customers get to use it as they already purchased it, which is what they do at templatemonster.com when someone buys exclusive use of a template.

of course that would be a loss for the community, since there are so many nice assets in the pack.

@Jacal: let us know if you are going to sell to guacamola (2 posts and wants to rob the community of your talent) so we can purchase before him, hehe

45. PrimeDerektive

PrimeDerektive

Agreed, I was going to mention templatemonster's licensing scheme too. Thankfully you can't retroactively take a customer's rights away!

And I second the request for notification so we can get our hands on it before its sold, although I doubt guac will make a fair enough offer :p

46. Jacal

Jacal

Thanks guys :)

47. nsxdavid

nsxdavid

You knocked it out of the park on this one my friend! Stunningly great!

David

48. siflandolly

siflandolly

Jacal, you may want to change the subject of this post to remove the "Coming Soon" part so people know that it's ready to buy.

49. dustinandrew

dustinandrew

For anyone else having trouble importing this awesome "BIG" package, I had to import in sections, vegetation is a big one, then everything else and it works.

Fantastic work! Thanks you!

50. Jacal

Jacal

Thanks for the feedback guys I'm very glad that so many people are satisfied.

@siflandolly: Thanks for pointing it out, i tried, but i can't find the option anywhere. ;)