Search Unity

SlickEdit

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by bbvrdev, Apr 23, 2012.

1. bbvrdev

bbvrdev

Like I suspect many of you, MD has been driving me slowly insane.

I just wanted to let you know I've recently had a really good experience with the SlickEdit team. They walked me through installing the Unity DLLs and getting syntax highlighting and code completion for Unity on SlickEdit on mac.

After this discussion, they have decided to add Unity support to SE, and it'll be in the next v17 beta (but you can get it working before that with the notes in the thread).

Thread is here:
    http://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,8007.0/prev_next,prev.html#new

Note: I'm not affiliated with SE in any way, I don't even own a license yet. I'm still running a demo license I got at GDC this year. (hint hint SE guys) :)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  2. bbvrdev

bbvrdev

If any Unity devs are reading this, the SE guys have asked that you include UnityEngine.xml and UnityEditor.xml in the binary like pre-3.5, that way they can support the documentation as well. Any specific reason those are not included anymore?

3. havchr

havchr

Since monodevelop is so slow it's unusable , I have now installed a trial of SlickEdit . Have not used it for production yet, but it seems much much quicker than monodevelop. Being quicker than monodevelop isn't really hard though, I could eat breakfast while opening a project.