Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Codename17 - Indie Survival Horror FPS [Mac]

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by LukaKotar, Apr 20, 2012.

1. LukaKotar

LukaKotar

I recently got the version 1.4 (of Codename17, my first game) approved, and I thought I would share it here. Okay, so my game is a survival horror FPS (first person shooter) for Mac. In this game, you fight against the zombies, water monsters and even demons! To defend yourself, you are given an M16 fully-automatic assault rifle. Updates will still be coming as I add new features (and fix some bugs), so feel free to suggest. :)

Please check out the video below before purchasing:

If you like what you see in the video, you can go grab it on the Mac App Store here:

http://itunes.apple.com/si/app/codename17/id512782057?mt=12

Version 2.0 has been sent to Apple for approval today, and I added the following:

-Improved the gun recoil feature
    -Added some more effects to show your character is in pain
    -Added real-time shadows
    -Improved the overall quality of the graphics and feel
    -Boosted the performance

Video of the new version:

Thanks for the attention :)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  2. jimmyismike

jimmyismike

Pretty cool, nice to see a mac only game :p

3. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

I might suggest at least increasing the tile size for your walls so they dont look so overscaled.

I might also suggest some walk animations for the demon creature

I would also look at offsetting when the regular zombies start their animation so they dont all look like they are doing the same thing.

Looks like some of your light intensities are set really high

why is the screen always wobbling? intentional?

4. LukaKotar

LukaKotar

Thanks! :)

Okay, I've fixed most of these issues now. The screen shaking is a bug, that is now almost fixed. By that I mean that it still shakes, but not that much anymore. Thanks! :)

5. Duskling

Duskling

Probably none of my business, but would you mind sharing some of your sales info?

I have never published a game to the mac appstore, but I am planning too soon, and I would like to see what amount of sales you can get with an indie unity game on there.

Thanks.

6. LukaKotar

LukaKotar

So far, I have sold about 15 copies in about a month. But beware! It is quite hard to code sign your app so you can send it for apple's approval. Use this as a guide: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/128636-The-current-path-to-Mac-App-Store That's what I did :)

7. Duskling

Duskling

Thanks!