Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Golf Starter Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Aiursrage2k, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

The Minigolf Starter Kit provides a complete, "out-of-the-box" solution for building your own courses in virtually no time. With over 25 modular pieces available you can easily create a game ready to be published on mobile and desktop platforms.

Price $35

Okay its live.
    http://u3d.as/content/inane-game/mini-golf-starter-kit/2RL

Demo available (what you see is what you get)

Screenshots include the two styles (different textures).

Okay whats in store for the mini golf starter kit.

Roadmap
    I will add the following
    ->Birds eye view
    ->Smooth transtations between cameras
    ->Ability to handle multiple golf courses
    ->Practice mode - allows you to choose your hole
    ->Quick play mode - will randomly choose x number of holes
    ->Multiple courses (not just 1 course but many).
    ->2 player mode (hotseat or against an AI opponent).
    ->Obstacles: windmill, loop-de-loop

I am working to get additional "art kits" and maybe DaphydTheBard will add a randomization script to auto-generate thousands of holes at the push of a button.

We have sold enough units so far which means its good enough to get periodic updates (if you want more updates quicker rate it up).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  2. dgutierrezpalma

dgutierrezpalma

Hi, I have a couple of questions:

Are you including the game scripts in addition to the 3D models?
    Have you included support for mobile devices?

In addition, I think it would be a good idea to include a webplayer so we can see your product "in action".

3. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  4. pixelsteam

pixelsteam

5. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Okay its back in the store with new art work.

If you are looking for custom art-work I would recommend contacting charlie as he did the new art.

6. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Back to $35

7. spartan

spartan

I still see it at $50

8. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Yeah sorry but the price change will be there whenever they update it. Sometimes the asset store will update instantly and other times it wont (because its done manually I assume). I think we should be able to change the price without having to require an update.

9. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Okay now its set to 35.

10. spartan

spartan

@aiursrage2k I bought Mini Golf Starter Kit. I'm disappointed, because:
    - There are only 4 Prefabs to build levels. On the asset store your image shows 25 different tiles ready to use. I want 25 prefabs just to drag and drop to the scene, this is supposed to be a complete project, not unfinished project/parts.
    - All the other 21 tiles are just models without textures (they need to be set manually) and no physics material assigned.
    - The 18 Holes scenes are repeated, there are only 3 or 4 different scenes and they are incomplete. Take a look at this screenshot.
    - None of the scenes are completely finished.

I'm saying this to give you the chance to fix it and update it before rating it on the Asset Store.

Unity 3.5.2

Thanks

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  11. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Well fine I will make an update later on. But to be clear all the parts are there. All you have to do is set them up.

Anyway I didnt really except anyone to use the art as is (anyway). If you want to rate it down go ahead

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  12. spartan

spartan

I want to rate it good, I was expecting to have a fully working demo. On your Asset Store description you have a working demo (with the old artwork, but fully working, so I was expecting to have that for reference).

13. spartan

spartan

@aiursrage2k thanks for the update, I've posted my 5 stars review. The update looks very good! I have an issue with the tiles position. I'm using unity 3.5.2 and when I load your scenes the ball is on the air (not in the ground) and some tiles are over others. But that isn't a real issue, because with patience I can edit the tiles position. If you need help testing those positions send me a PM.
    Thanks!

14. spartan

spartan

@aiursrage2k I've downloaded the last update and the scenes still wrong, the ball is "on the air" waiting to start the level, levels has wrong positions of each prefab (superposition of each part), you should refine this to make it a good kit.

15. Shigidy

Shigidy

Hey Aiursrage2k could you possibly make a tutorial video on youtube to explain how to start to finish make a working 18 hole mini golf game. I would be highly appreciative.

16. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

17. Dabeh

Dabeh

18. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

No I think its just a weird way of writing 1.5k

19. Shigidy

Shigidy

Please make a tutorial man on how to get started....Please. I would greatly apprecitae it and would probably make your content sell. Showing how easy your product is to use.

i can get all the pre-built stuff to work and everything I just want to build my own courses and stuff, but it would be nice if you show everything for people who can't get the pre-made stuff to work.

Also I rated it and left a review...hoping for quicker updates : )

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  20. Dabeh

Dabeh

It isn't, if they didn't make 1,500,000(EU: 1.500.000) can you alter it please?

21. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Well I did record it but you cant really hear what I am saying because I dont have a mic and havent done a video like that before, maybe I will record it again later (I even tried recording again but its still too quite without the mic).

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  22. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  23. NoBullIntentions_P

NoBullIntentions_P

It's a quote, hence the link beside it. It isn't up to him to alter a quote from one of his customers.

24. Shigidy

Shigidy

I appreciate you taking the time to make this. I'll go change my review too. Hope you keep adding to this kit, Multiplayer would be great. Again thanks.

25. Shigidy

Shigidy

How do I change the text from Mini Golf Starter Kit in the opening menu?

26. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

27. Shigidy

Shigidy

Thanks for another video. Another question does this kit work in 4.0? Thanks in advance.

28. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Yeah it will work but I will make an update to use unity4

29. Shigidy

Shigidy

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  30. Shigidy

Shigidy

I just seen an update, wondering what was updated. Thanks in advance.

31. Shigidy

Shigidy

Also can you make a tutorial video, that basically goes through the documentation. I'm having trouble with some parts of it. For example, first I go to build settings. I then put the menu and drag the 18 courses into the build settings. Then after that I'm not entirely sure I'm following the documentation correct. I can't find the continous collision setting. So I never really get past this step. Is there anyway you could possibly make another short tutorial going through this to make a fully working game? Thanks in advance

32. uni7y

uni7y

33. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

I ma not really sure what you guys are doing but maybe the roll time is really low.

Adding an update so you can easily have multiple coures. http://inanegames.ca/demo/demo.html

34. uni7y

uni7y

Thanks... it is working now

35. uni7y

uni7y

I send you a PM

36. Shigidy

Shigidy

Hi, I've tried it agian....it works great until I add the wooglie.com script I get from the asset store. This is where I'm trying to upload my game too. Any Ideas?

37. Shigidy

Shigidy

I've realized that it has nothing to do with the woolgie.com script I add to it. The game works wonderfully the first time I build it, the ball rolls and does everything correctly. Then I save it and then re-open it and now the ball just does a jump skip and you don't see it roll, exactly like this....
    http://www.wooglie.com/games/Sports/Mini-Golf-3D
    If anyone could help me about this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

38. Shigidy

Shigidy

Can someone please help me. I open the project and everything works fine. Then I save and then the ball doesn't roll any more. Do I need to change anything in the ball script?

39. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Take a look at the ball prefabs.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  40. Shigidy

Shigidy

For some reason i dont have a min roll time...or slow down drag or slow down angular drag.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  41. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  42. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Next Update 1.22
    ->New 2 minute of custom music
    ->sound effects (splash, hit the ball, in the hole and fail to get in the hole and hit the wall).
    ->Turn textures to semi-transparent if blocking camera and back when its not.
    ->Birds eye view

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  43. Shigidy

Shigidy

Have you gotten multiplayer working? Two player multiplayer would make this kit sell so much better.

44. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

I would have to get someone to add that, but maybe when I can get some more capital I will.

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  45. Shigidy

Shigidy

46. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Okay finally did an update for this. Whats going to be new in 1.5 a golf editor, which makes it easier to manage courses, as well as the jazz music track.

Attached Files:

47. Shigidy

Shigidy

Hey I like the update, I just had some questions or maybe some requests.
    -Can you help me change the "spark" that happens when it hits the wall. I just would like it to be nothing instead, just personal preference. (Nvm)

-The water splash. I was hoping I could change it to color of the water. It looks to me like its like the "spark" color. Just want that to be color of water. (Nvm)

-The GUI. It's cool, but it's green. Is there anyway it could be black or gray. I just thing it would look slicker, again just personal preference. I do see that there are some gray boxes for GUI I just don't know where to change it. (Figured this out too, so nvm :)....)

-It seems like the ball maybe rolls on for maybe like half a second too long. Is there anyway to fix this to make the momentum just a little less.
    Does this have to do with min roll, max roll, slow down time drag, and angular drag. Seems like this fixed .....a lot. Another question though.....

-It seems like the ball goes quick, then it goes really slow and then it ends in the right spot like i was guessing where it would end up, but the speed of which it got there seemed irregular.

-The purple/yellow slider for the golf swing. Could that be two different colors, like I would want Red/Green myself. (Nvm)

-Also is there anyway to make the announcers voice volume to go down to like .5 instead of at 1. Like bogey for example.

$golf.png

On hole ten I'm getting some error...
    Unity.Engine.Transform.get_position()

Also I'm trying to get this working on the phone or mobile side. I see the button to hit the ball it just doesn't work when you hit it. It spins it but it doesn't hit it.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  48. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Yeah that hole was missing the "hole" tag, so if you hit update it will say its updating it. If you delete tile 03 and then recreate it should actually recreate it with the required tag, I hadnt realized that tile3 didnt have the tag, so I added it but forgot to change it before sending in the update.

Yeah you can configure the variables most of those things are in the ballscript onWallHitGO - change that gameObject to change the wall hit gameobject, there is also greenTex and redTex on the ballscript which change the balls GUI.

To change the gui you need to look at greenSkin and change the textures.

If you look at the function handleAction in the ballscript it will handle the ball stop time, and basically it tries to slow down the ball if its been going for too long.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  49. Shigidy

Shigidy

Thanks for you help, that fixed hole ten for me. Can you possibly help me with a couple of other things.
    -I'm trying to change the skybox, it doesn't look that great when you switch it to android. (looks like its faded or like too bright and messes up the sky)
    $menu.png

-I was trying to find the wallHitGo thing. Is that just the ball script on every scene, is that what you're talking about.

-Also the biggest thing is that I'm having difficulties getting the ball swing mechanic to work on android. I see the golf ball icon/texture to do the power swing, but when you press it nothing happens. Like you can touch the button and it makes the camera swing around put you can never "swing" because the power meter never goes up.

50. Shigidy

Shigidy

Hi I'm trying to animate the windmill properly but am having some trouble.

Is there an animation that goes with the windmill? If not could you help me out as to why it's not rotating properly?

Thanks again.