Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Golf Starter Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Aiursrage2k, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Wow, another product magically disappears from the asset store without warning... :(

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

I would agree it wasn't up to much, more of a reference project really, but it's annoying because I now have another asset that sits outwith my 'official' purchases and in it's own 'local' category. It's a S***ty thing to do though, when people have paid ( regardless of whether you made it free at some points ) good money for it in the past.

3. Shigidy

Shigidy

Hey, saw there was an update for this recently. Could you tell me what was updated.

4. Shigidy

Shigidy

Hey I'm trying to get multi-player working again with this project, but I tried to download and import the new update and got this error.

upload_2015-1-5_18-20-11.png

It's about the ball script. on line 26, 14.

If you could help me get this online working too. It looks like all the scripts "could not be loaded" Please fix any compile errors. upload_2015-1-5_18-24-54.png

Any Ideas

5. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

All i did was make the photon disabled by default so you could work with the project without needing the photon plugin.

To fix the multiplayer all you have to do is add the define to the file NetworkEvents.cs

#define PHOTON_MULTIPLAYER

I am not sure what is wrong your project since Im not getting those errors with the ballscript

6. MarioRuiz

MarioRuiz

Interested in getting it, Is the gui in this asset 4.6unity UI ? NGUI?

7. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

2.3 ->Updated to Unity5, changed to UGUI. Which is unity's new gui.

8. eridani

eridani

Don't know why but the webplayer demo is upside down for me...

golf.png

9. Shigidy

Shigidy

I guess you updated or something, because now it works again. I'm a happy camper. :)

10. Shigidy

Shigidy

upload_2015-3-15_14-58-47.png

How do I change that 7 near the pink roller coaster to a 4, for hole four.

Can you help me change the background in the sky. I want it to have the cartoony clouds rather than the realistic clouds.

Also can you help me change the zoom in on the ball. I want it zoomed in really close to the ball.

If you can help me that, can you walk me through sometime on how to get photon multilayer working. I still would like to get that working.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  11. MertenNor

MertenNor

is this minigolf kit still awalable for download? or if anyone know of any different once let me know! Thanks!!

12. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

If you have it you can still download it, or get it from 35 examples.

13. MertenNor

MertenNor

Ah ok.
    Me and some friends want to make a multiplayer minigolf game with a main room that has lobbies for different map "worlds" and stuff..
    We have little to no experience in Unity and same goes for coding xD
    So we are pretty much going to start from the bottom and build our way up.
    Do you think that this minigolf starter kit could be a good start for us developing this game?
    And if we get so far as adding multiplayer what do you suggest we use to add support for that?
    Thanks!!

14. Onyxius

Onyxius

Is this project going to be updated anytime soon? Just loading the game comes with a lot of warnings, but when you follow the document to enable multiplayer its even worse and unplayable due to errors. I need some help to get these errors fixed please.

The 2 main errors i get are:
    Assets/miniGolf/Scripts/Networking/ConnectManager.cs(274,39): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `PhotonNetwork.CreateRoom(string, RoomOptions, TypedLobby, string[])' has some invalid arguments

and
    Assets/miniGolf/Scripts/Networking/ConnectManager.cs(274,39): error CS1503: Argument `#2' cannot convert `bool' expression to type `RoomOptions'

If i comment a few of those errors out, unity wants to replace the RPC code since RPC attribute is outdated, If i do that i'm worried i'm going to run into even more issues.

Another big issue I'm having is if you used up all 8 strokes, the camera just spins, it doesnt go into the score state and pull up the score to where you can hit next, no matter what i tried on that it either spins the camera or i get an overload error.

15. BuckeyeStudios

BuckeyeStudios

If anyone is still using this and wants to work on a team just let me know. Right now we have a team of two and would like another one or two to join. (One programmer and One 3d Artist)

16. BuckeyeStudios

BuckeyeStudios

Q) If i comment a few of those errors out, unity wants to replace the RPC code since RPC attribute is outdated, If i do that i'm worried i'm going to run into even more issues.?
    A) No if you do the replace it will just convert ever RPC to Photon RPC but if you comment those line out no game will load.

Q) Just loading the game comes with a lot of warnings.
    A) I was able to fix a lox of the warnings by update those lines of code that loaded a scene with SceneManager in stead of Application and add using UnityEngine.SceneManagement at the top as for the other warning with Variable not used just comment them out.

Q) Another big issue I'm having is if you used up all 8 strokes, the camera just spins, it doesn't go into the score state and pull up the score to where you can hit next, no matter what i tried on that it either spins.
    A) On a PC hit Esc and hit Take8 or find in code were it references the stroke count and fix it there.

*****I fixed a lot of these and asked the Author if he would like me to send him the package with the fixes he never responded yet, I hope her does though.

• Also I added all the latest Slandered unity Assets to get all the files up to date.
    • Organized some of the files and folders (still need some work on organizing and removing files and objects no longer in use. )
    • Fixed some formatting error that StyleCop though up, this will make the code more to Microsoft Coding Slandered.
    • I also convert all materials to work with unity's new Physically Based Shaders.

There was still some Missing MonoScripts on game objects that need to be fix but if he take the package with the fixes I did it would be a good start.

Tip instead of un commenting out //#define PHOTON_MULTIPLAYER just goto Edit--> Project Setting --> Player then click on the foldout tab that says Other Settings and add in the Scripting Defind Symbals text box the following PHOTON_MULTIPLAYER then hit enter

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  17. BuckeyeStudios

BuckeyeStudios

Please read my comment above if you did not get my PM. Also the ball power UI is not using UGUI could you fix that?? :)
    This is a really nice learning project and would be even better if it was just cleaned up a little. I am willing to help:)

18. BuckeyeStudios

BuckeyeStudios

I got it so that the game only uses one SCENE now and not a different one for every hole. If anyone is interested in the one new script I made and the one I had to change for this to work.
    Just let me know by sending me a PM.

How it works:
    You store an array of holes(prefabs) and it will chose 18 and load them one at a time.

19. szala

szala

Hi everybody :)
    I bought also this package in Wednesday. I changed some scripts, what I read in the document (#define PHOTON_MULTIPLAYER) I got same error messages, as Onyxius. I mainly 3d graphics artist, so I tried comment the error lines, but I got again new error messages :( I already wrote to the developer, but nothing reply... :(
    Maybe some help to me?
    Thank you.