Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity marketing emails

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Graham-Dunnett, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Guys,

Our marketing team is about to kick off an email campaign to a small number of Unity users to get feedback on pricing and licensing models for Unity Pro.

If you get an email inviting you to take part we'd love to hear your views. The email will come from a Unity email address.

Thanks,
    Graham

2. Dreeka

Dreeka

You can send one to me, I will fill it :)

3. Swearsoft

Swearsoft

Nice to know this before-hand.

4. ParaLogic

ParaLogic

Is it the mail from YouGov? Received one a few days ago from YouGov on behalf of Unity.

5. Moonjump

Moonjump

It is nice that you are looking at this, and great that you are looking for feedback on it. It will be interesting to see what might come of it.

6. spacefrog

spacefrog

Ooops , deleted the yougov Email...
    sounded a bit shady to me

7. OmniverseProduct

OmniverseProduct

Send one to me. I'll fill one out.

8. mgear

mgear

Did anyone got email recently saying things like:

*name removed..

Just sounds strange that you should contact someones direct email for unity support needs?
    And how is Europe and India there together?

Then there was also autodesk scaleform survey for unity users,
    it would be nice if they mention at the end of the email that who is behind the survey or where they got the email address..

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  9. Ayrik

Ayrik

I got both emails. Mine was from Sara at unity3d. I assume it's because of the free iOS basic from last month.

10. mgear

mgear

hmm...in my email it was Beth..

well the email is coming from unity address,
    and looking at the headers it seems to be some unitybeta-mailinglist..

11. soulray

soulray

I just had an email like the point of contact one from Akouvi offering me preferred pricings. I have a feeling this is junk but anyone know?

12. David-Helgason

David-Helgason

Sara, Beth and Akouvi are all bona-fide members of our sales team and the emails are legit. The reason you're getting different emails is that these three cool girls are handling different territories.

Sorry about the confusion (if any), and even more sorry about the YouGov mail. It was actually initiated by us, but looked shady and so confused lots of people. Our mistake, not to be repeated!

d.

13. TerraSame1

TerraSame1

I have a question????
    Actually two....

1.) I recently bought a pro version.... Do or did I get any support or premium support with that purchase? I havn't a clue..... And, I see to access Premium support I need a user name and password....

2.) I and my team are almost ready to launch a KickStarter project. Along with that we have created a New 3d Web Site and a Trailer Video and a Demo that will be available in Web Streaming, Win 32 bit, Win 64 bit and Mac. So, I wonder.... Might I be able to share all this data with the folks at Unity to see if they will back my project and add it to the monthly newsletter? ie:....Other than to you here on the forum, who else might I contact?

14. OllyNicholson

OllyNicholson

Unity Technologies

1 - Yes! ..all users get can get support for free by emailing support@unity3d.com. Premium support is a subscription service we offer additionally for people who require a super fast turn around for queries - for more info submit your details here:

http://unity3d.com/company/sales?type=sales

2 - Exciting stuff! - I'm not sure how we are able to 'back' a project, but we can certainly support you to make it - regarding coverage of Unity projects internally and for marketing we love to hear from people with cool developments on the go, so once it's a bit further on in development you can submit your project info here:

http://unity3d.com/gallery/made-with-unity/game-list - click Suggest a Game

In the mean time, Internally we see a whole bunch of really cool stuff via Kickstarter so also once your project is up there I'm sure we'll pick up on the Buzz!

Olly

15. TerraSame1

TerraSame1

Olly...
    Mighty nice of you to respond... Thanks...
    1.) Perfect... That's exactly what I needed to know...
    2.) Ya got me.... I think I should have used the word "Support" rather than "Back"...
    None-the-less, once again, perfect...
    So, to reward you for your kindness...
    Here's a peek at our up-coming project...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3rI4xYOgBM
    Thanks Olly ! Much obliged....