SlimNet Public Access
As stated in the old "SlimNet 0.2" thread, I have now opened up the source code of SlimNet to the public. I want to make clear that the project is not open source and under a very restrictive license which prohibits any commercial use or distribution of the source code or it's compiled binaries.
All development will now be done in the public repository which can now be found on github (link in the bottom of this post).
The code has been made available for the people that want to look at and evaluate SlimNet as a potential networking middle-ware. I do not offer support on the code base at all currently, of course if you have a question or two you can ask it in this thread and I will do my best to answer it.
The code compiles and runs on both Windows, Linux and OS X. For compilation under mono on a non-windows platform you will need to have mono 2.10.x installed and set up all the references and dependencies manually. Mono 2.10 is also required to run the server outside of Unity. Once compiled the resulting two assemblies will run inside of Unitys own version of Mono.
- SlimNet - Networking Middleware For Games
- Copyright (C) 2011-2012 Fredrik Holmström
- This notice may not be removed or altered.
- This software is provided 'as-is', without any expressed or implied
- warranty. In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages
- arising from the use of this software.
- The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not
- claim that you wrote the original software. For any works using this
- software, reasonable acknowledgment is required.
- You may not use this software for commercial purposes.
- You are not allowed to distribute or make publicly available the software
- itself or its source code in original or modified form.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19877504/SetupInstructions.pdf (Requires version 0.2.1.5+)
Stable: http://github.com/fholm/SlimNet/tree/0.2.1.5 - This is the latest stable version of SlimNet
Development: http://github.com/fholm/SlimNet - This is the absolutely latest version of SlimNet under development, the code here is not guaranteed to be stable or even work