Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

MonoSQLite is up and running! SQLite universal solution for Unity3D

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MonoSapiens, Apr 13, 2012.

1. MonoSapiens

MonoSapiens

Dear xeir,

Yes it does. But, since I haven't finished testing it, I didn't release it. Please, send me an email to mono@monosapiens.com.br with the subject [associative array] and I'll answer with this functionality.

Thanks for your interest in MonoSQLite.

Att,
    Eduardo Capanema

2. dannyskim

dannyskim

What frameworks do I need to add manually inside of XCode to get rid of the Mach-O-Linker errors? Post Process building messes up a lot when I update software, and to be honest I hate dealing with it. I'd rather add stuff manually knowing I have full control an event that this happens again.

3. MonoSapiens

MonoSapiens

Hey dannyskim, I agree that Postprocess is a pain, I also hate them but Unity chose to have it done in Perl which I really disagree to be a good language. Sorry about that.

So here it goes: delete PostprocessBuildPlayer and simply copy the AppController.mm file inside MonoSQLite/iOS-source to the end of the AppController.mm inside the Classes folder in your XCode project after you do a build to XCode (first time you choose replace and after that you may keep just using Append). Then, you must add the libsqlite3.0.dylib in the Build Phases to the project and also, the databases you're using from the StreamingAssets folder.

Please, let me know absolutelly everything you need and want and I'll reply as fast as possible! My responsibility is to give you unrestricted support! Also, please, register in our FORUM, you may see all other questions and perhaps get your answers already there.

thanks, dannyskim! hope to see you soon,
    Eduardo Capanema
    Systems Engineering
    Mono Sapiens

4. dannyskim

dannyskim

Thanks that did the trick. I'll let you know if I have any other issues.

5. dannyskim

dannyskim

Actually, I'm getting some malloc errors now... I'm using Unity 3.5.2f2, Xcode 4.3.1:

2012-06-26 12:13:14.452 appname[4407:707] RECEIVED STRING QUERY inside the struct from db: PM_Backend.sqlite
    2012-06-26 12:13:14.500 appname[4407:707] Init MALLOC...
    2012-06-26 12:13:14.501 appname[4407:707] MALLOC SUCCESSFULLY MADE
    appname(4407,0x3f3b4ce8) malloc: *** error for object 0xf379ce4: incorrect checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed.
    *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

I'm trying to narrow down the problem myself, but I'm not quite sure what's going on as the breakpoints are all pointing at Hex values.

6. MonoSapiens

MonoSapiens

This is an XCode issue. It hangs memory spots after different builds (that's why you receive the: object modified after being freed - XCode is trying to access a struct that is not actually there anymore). The solution is to close the project, then quit XCode, then quit Unity and open Unity again and rebuild the project to XCode. Tell me, please if this suffices.

tx, dannyskim! You're just a little out of luck cause this problem is very rare and happened only once with me.

7. dannyskim

dannyskim

Nope, I'm still have the malloc errors, have tried it several times, and have even made a new project to build to XCode... I'm not really sure what to do at this point.

8. MonoSapiens

MonoSapiens

What is your current MonoSQLite version, dannyskim? Also, please tell me your XCode and Unity versions. I'm going to try to reproduce your environment. Do not worry, we're going to solve all your issues.

9. dannyskim

dannyskim

MonoSQLite version 1.21
    Unity3D version 3.5.2f2 iOS, Android pro
    XCode version 4.3.1

As previously stated in this thread, I stopped using your Post Process script and have put in the files myself as well as the frameworks in the Build Phases. Also, straight off the bat, the default AppController.mm file that was included with my version of Unity was causing Semantic errors inside of XCode, and I'm currently using the updated AppController.mm file from this link:

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/137295-Fixed-AppController.mm-for-3.5.2

10. MonoSapiens

MonoSapiens

"and I'm currently using the updated AppController.mm file from this link:" - I believe this might be the problem. Could you, please, delete this AppController.mm file from iOS-source and update the package from the Asset Store? Then, delete PostprocessBuildPlayer again and do your routine.

Please, tell me if updating works, man. Sorry if I'm keeping you busy! :p

11. dannyskim

dannyskim

I'm getting errors with the default one that came with my Unity version, so basically I can't use that AppController.mm file, I have to use the one that is provided in the link.

For appeasement's sake, I did what you asked anyway and I can't build due to Semantic errors that I'm getting with the default file. I'm gonna try and fix this myself and see what I can come up with. I may end up integrating SQLite myself for iOS and just use your plug-in for Android or something, because this is beyond frustrating.

EDIT: I fixed the semantics errors myself inside of the default AppController.mm file that was given to me with Unity 3.5.2f2, but I'm still getting the malloc errors.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  12. MonoSapiens

MonoSapiens

Look, this AppController.mm won't do. You must make it work using the one currently available in the Asset Store. How about you and I go into Skype right now so I can really make it work. my skype is bioduds. I'll be waiting there.

13. dannyskim

dannyskim

Looks like there was a minor code inconsistency with my version of MonoSQLite. Nonetheless, Eduardo hopped on skype with me and after taking a look at the offending code, he got the issue resolved fast and professionally.

A+ for support, great product so far. Thanks guys.

14. achingupta87

achingupta87

Hi Team

I am getting the EntryPointNotFoundException_ExecuteFreeQuery this problem when i try to get the data from the database.please help.

Thanks

15. MonoSapiens

MonoSapiens

Hey achingupta, How are you doing, my friend?
    Here's the deal. go into the folder: MonoSQLite/Plugins Editor/ and copy the file MonoSQLite.dll to the folder Plugins and then, choose in the Top Menu: MonoSQLite > Sync DBs
    I believe this might work.

Please, tell me if it didn't.

Tell me if you need anything else, buddy!
    att,
    Eduardo

16. achingupta87

achingupta87

Thanks my friend Eduardo

It works fine now . you are great seriously.

Thanks again

17. MonoSapiens

MonoSapiens

Best thing about the internet, achingupta, is the ability to make friends around the world! I'm glad to have such a great friend in India right now! Please, look for me for whatever you need, pal!

Att,
    Eduardo

18. nilton_felicio

nilton_felicio

19. MonoSapiens

MonoSapiens

Ei Nilton! Não avisa não. Desculpa. To indo lá agora ver isso! Esse fds vou fazer o forum passar a me avisar de posts novos na marra! Ele só tá avisando qdo respondo! To indo lá ver agora!
    abs,
    e

20. ddesmond

ddesmond

Hello,

I had an interest in your product, but with such great support, I picked it up yesterday. Can't wait to start using it.

21. polytropoi

polytropoi

Hi Eduardo - any update on the v.2 release?

22. polytropoi

polytropoi

Eduardo, have you abandoned this project? I had high hopes for this, and it works fine in the editor, but I never got it to work in a build reliably on either mobile platform. And it was not cheap.

23. Xeir

Xeir

Checking in to see how things are progressing on the update. Here's hoping ..

24. nilton_felicio

nilton_felicio

When going out version 2, with support web?
    Bought due to this support.
    Hopefully they have not abandoned the project.

25. Oksana-Iashchuk

Oksana-Iashchuk

26. holyjewsus

holyjewsus

Hey monosapiens, were you going to pursue smartblocks for integration with universe?

27. BigToe

BigToe

I am using 1.2.2 with Xcode 4.4. When I build I receive the Mach Linker errors. I have read all the message boards and am just terribly confused at what exactly the process is at this stage to get Monosqlite to work with iOS. It appears that you have updated the post processing, and I can see that the appcontroller contains Monosqllite code. I am not sure what is actually getting copied over or not. I'm not sure what else I am supposed to manually do or not.

It's just not obvious anywhere what the steps are for making this work.

28. Xeir

Xeir

I'm sure you did, but figured I'd ask, did you choose the MonoSQLite -> Builds -> Prepare iOS Build? It puts everything where it needs to be. Just a thought.

29. BigToe

BigToe

I did "Prepare iOS Build" and it didn't work. Is it working for you Xeir

30. Xeir

Xeir

As it stands I can build for the sim, but I'm not seeing the db currently, think I missed a step. But I'm not setup for building a native iOS app currently, don't have a dev account and I haven't done the whole self signing thing yet. I'll probably work on that when I return from the upcoming project. I'm still getting used to the in's and outs of it all myself. Definitely need to get set in stone steps for the different build's and gotcha's to watch out for.

Anyways, I'll be digging more into it when I return. If you find anything out, by all means post it for others.

Regards

31. BigToe

BigToe

Xeir,

Well after wasting a day or so and no help from tech support I decided to try the new SQLiteKit on the store. SQLiteKit works and I am absolutely thrilled to have removed MonoSQLite from my project.

The only downside is that SQLiteKit's docs are a little sparse and their demo could be a little more clear and relevant. But was able to figure it out and it works well overall. Just uses a C# wrapper to access the database. Builds to iOS with no problem. No hurdles. No menus. No duplicate databases inside Unity. Plus the developer is very responsive and seems to really care about making the product work.

If your new to SQL and trying to implement for the first time, there is enough to figure out without having to worry about Mach Linking errors. So far, I Definitely recommend SQLiteKit.

32. Xeir

Xeir

Bigtoe-

Thanks for the insight into SQLiteKit, went ahead and picked it up, figure it is worth a try seeing as MonoSQLite appears to be dead at this point in time. I , as I'm sure most do, simply want to work on my code/project and not worry as to why an asset is not performing as expected.

I've no problem with SQL fortunately, many many years of working with it. But I do agree that people just getting into it certainly don't need any more headaches when trying to get everything working.

In any case, the whole point is to not to have to re-invent the wheel, the reason for purchasing an asset in the first place. And at least SQLiteKit includes full source should an issue arise.

Again, appreciate the heads up!

33. cageymage

cageymage

Sorry for posting this here, but I am having problems registering on the Mono-Sapiens forums. A lot of the instructions are in Spanish which is not too much of a problem, I speak some, but both times I have "registered" (one of each of my email accounts) it has told me to wait for a confirmation email which has never come. I was having a few problems and needed some support, but have since solved them myself.

Monosapiens - please advise?

34. darkmax

darkmax

I know spanish but the forums of monosapiens are in portuguese and not in spanish, and right now i think that monosqlite is a dead project so i recommend you to look another solution for sqlite.

35. nilton_felicio

nilton_felicio

Monosqlite really is dead.
    Without support.
    I also recommend another solution sqlite.

36. nilton_felicio

nilton_felicio

MonoSQlite was removed from the asset store.
    The product no longer appears in the list of purchased.
    The Asset store should have stricter policies to blame for this sort of thing. How many people have had this injury?

37. supernat

supernat

I for one want my $90.00 refunded. I was never able to use this product, and now it is completely gone.

38. imtrobin

imtrobin

I doubt u can get a refund, if you do, I want too!

39. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

im in the same situation, i dont expect to have refund but at list some credit to buy an equivalent package

40. icetear

icetear

me too.
    I am very sad to have found out that I wasted a lot of money.

41. cyberkada

cyberkada

I'm out $90.00 for the package. It never worked as advertised under IOS. Waste of money. Its stuff like this that can give Unity#D a bad name.

42. Robon

Robon

Now that support is gone can anyone please provide an example of saving either terrain data or alternatively just a two dimensional array of floats to a SQLite table using Mono SQLite? Any help would be fantastic!
    Also suggestions on an alternative product to use that works for Indie version would be great.

43. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

SQLiteKit seems to be quite good judging by reviews, it's cheaper, works on all platforms, comes with full source code and a lot of extras. I'd go with that if I'd need something like that.

44. nilton_felicio

nilton_felicio

And refund. Will we have? How does a political liability Asset purchased without availability and support? I lost $ 65.00, bought during a promotion.

45. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

46. brzozowsky

brzozowsky

Hello! Where i can download the latest version? Its not in asset store. I have only v1.22 with some errors on Android OS. On windows works great.
    If its possible, please send me the latest version to: brzozowsky@gmail.com
    Thanks in advance.