Search Unity

R.i.v.a.l.s.

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Speedah, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speedah

Speedah

Note: The models I have here are for my personal project which if you decide to join is not paid. But with what I will spend on the pushing forward of the project, development of the game can be fast. When at least a working demo is created, there are things I will be doing to revenue money, and pay off whoever helps me out. I'm just one person alone, and I can't do it all alone. But I am willing to help those that help me.

Hello, I am a 3D modeler that is part of a team creating a game at the moment. The game is based on the player being able to take the side of a speeder or a police officer and make a career out of it. I have been creating models for many parties and decided to start creating models for this game that I am making. Currently I do need some programers to help me program in Unity3D. I will be buying a script pack soon to help forward my personal project very quickly and also a megacity pack as well to make it easier for environmental freelancers to create maps. I am working hard on completing a GDD for my game, and it is just about done with every possible detail in it. My project also has a website which you can view more information and car renders as well. If you are interested in helping me out, I would appreciate it every much. Here are some models I created for the game which you will be able to drive in the game:

NOTE: I know these are real life cars, but I am planning on getting a license to use them for the game in the future.

Cars will also have doors that open and close as seen here:

The things I am planning on buying are the following:
    Script Pack
    Megacity Collection

Vehicles I create for the game will be added to the Gallery of the game's website. If you are interested in joining, please contact me via Private Message. You will be given a link to the website so you can see a little more detail there. The forums section will have a little more details of the game as well. Yet I just created the website and it has to be updated with content which I am doing. First think I am doing is filling it up with renders of vehicles I have created. This thread will also be updated with new cars and content as it is done.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  2. JRavey

JRavey

Licenses can be hard for small studios, but if you made those, you are talented enough to modify them enough to avoid problems.

How does one make a career as a speeder? Are my tickets deductible as business expenses?

3. Speedah

Speedah

In the game, when you choose the career of a speeder, you are consider an illegal racer. However, you will be pitted in a free-roam world which are really different maps. I'm aiming for not having any lobbies in this game. The waiting for people your same rank and even more, level can be pretty frustrating. So you are simply placed on a large metropolis map where you freely drive wherever you want. As you drive, you will find yourself with other players and even players who are in police cars. If you cruise around at normal speeds and don't crash into things, the players who are officers can't do anything to you.

If they were to ram you for no reason, they get a deduction in money/reputation. If you ram them and start a chase, you get money/reputation. For every car you avoid on the road while speeding away, you also get money/reputation, for everything you crash, you lose it. For getting away from a chase because the other police officer can't keep up after a certain distance, you get maximum money/reputation. Police officers in the game gain money/reputation by avoiding traffic, ramming racers, and other stuff you normally don't do in real life.

The main aspect to the game is that you will be able to customize your cars, even the police cars. Place whatever siren lights you want on it, to also whatever kit/spoiler on a speeder car. The ideals are still roiling in and I have a very large GDD written already with a lot of details. it may seem something a little hard to understand, but I'm just stating the basic. And yes, I can easily modify these cars to look like anything I want. And let me also mention that it will have motorcycles as well you can drive and modify.

Also, this game will have special abilities, like laying down spike belts, oil slicks, roadblock barricades and other things. But the game is aiming to be realistic, no powerups or anything like that.

And you don't only "race" or get away from the police car players in this game... The game will feature many things for you to do. if just racing was the case, the game would be boring.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  4. JRavey

JRavey

Ah, so it has something of a PvP component. Sounds interesting, but are the races to be instanced or out in the open world?

5. Speedah

Speedah

Out in the open world in real-time, the open world is really many maps. These maps have areas where you can teleport to another map in real-time. You will also have to stop at gas stations to fill up your tank and even tune your car as well. However, when you decide to race a near by speeder like yourself, you can choose where the finish line will be from your current location simply by opening your map and clicking a certain distance away. Your current location will always be the starting point of the race. Within that race, if you pass police car player, they can give chase in real-time to stop your racing. They can use special in-game "emotes" system that tells other police car payers where the race is going on for if they want to lay spikes or road blocks up ahead. Along with players on the speeder side can hear the reports on as well and maybe go over and slam into police car players to stop them from getting the speeders racing. When you interrupt a chase this way, you get extra money/reputation even though you are not even in the race. Stopping the actual racing players will give you more money/reputation, while stopping the speeders that "don't mind their own business" give you some money/reputation. Stop them all and get amazing rewards.

It's just like real life actually, it's a nice idea that is getting worked on. But it has many surprises that will not only include just racing. It's seriously going to be something different, and I think very additive... You are going to feel that you really are a notorious speeder or a grand police officer.

6. bgivenb

bgivenb

Your car models look fantastic, which is why I am wondering: why would you buy the mega city kit? Don't get me wrong, its not bad, but it has gfx of a game from 1999. I think a much better idea would be hiring an environment artist to make models specifically for the project. Good luck either way

7. Speedah

Speedah

Well, I can model anything myself... But it would take way too much time. Just on each car it takes me about a week to make, and that is placing around 3-4 hours on each one daily for a week. Hiring someone to create structures for the maps is a good idea, but also I am sure it will cost me quite a fortune. It's really the main reason I am reverting to this mega pack collection, the price is good for me. And I am surely not going to get a large map like the pack has for $321. Especially when I know some people who charge per model charge $50-$80 for just one model alone.

In the end, I will be spending way too much.

8. Speedah

Speedah

Three new cars finished, I will go to bed now...
    I hope you guys consider the quality of them the same as the rest shown above, thanks!

9. larvantholos

larvantholos

Have you considered not ripping models/gameplay from need for speed? I smell a lawsuit :)

10. Speedah

Speedah

Need For Speed?
    I have wire frame images for all the cars I created if that is what you need. And you seriously can't make a fgame taking models from other games, but I can't recall Need For Speed ever having a McLaren F1 GT, Saleen S7, Volkswagen W-12, Benz CLK-GTR. Maybe it had a Nissan GT-R, but what video game doesn't? And I think one of the games have a CCR, but not a CCX. And if they did, I am sure the doors on it didn't open up like my cars do as well. So I don't know where you have the evidence of the cars I have created being stolen.

11. larvantholos

larvantholos

Need for speed Hot persuit - the McLaren was featured in 3, 4, and 5, if I remember correctly. Keep in mind, you need to also be licensed to use these cars. The gameplay you mentioned, is exactly what hot persuit was about, and in co-op or online mutliplayer you have the option of being the police, setting up roadblocks and taking out the players. If they are your models - Nice work :) you still should change your gameplay to avoid a lawsuit.

12. Speedah

Speedah

You are talking about a McLaren GT-R, not a Mclaren F1 GT. My McLaren F1 GT doors open up and show the full interior of the car. I can throw in a screenshot of it right now if you want.

And you didn't read this part on my OP I'm guessing:
    NOTE: I know these are real life cars, but I am planning on getting a license to use them for the game in the future.

You should pay more attention. And my game is not going to be like Hot Pursuit, just because it has police chasing speeders and speeders running from the police doesn't mean it is NFS: HP. If that was the case, every single game out there where the police chases a speeder can be considered a lawsuit for EA.

This is the McLaren in Hot Pursuit:

Doesn't look anything like mine above.

Though more McLarens will be in my game, I am creating three more versions of it, starting with the one I already finished some time ago which is posted in the OP, and all of them will be made with opening/closing doors.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  13. cod

cod

your models are first of all awesome, but imo tou should write a personal shader using not only specular, but also a cubemap of the sky, to make it more realistic

14. Speedah

Speedah

Oh yes, I will be doing that once I get a decent amount of cars created. Along with that, I will also be placing in the render full metal ray as well to maximize realistic visual. Right now I'm just creating very simple and quick scanline renders to just show the full detail of the car. But yes, I will be doing as you stated once I reach around 20 cars at least.
    :)

15. r33lwhiteboy

r33lwhiteboy

This looks amazing.... Can't wait to play it! And, thanks for supporting me on my thread.

16. Speedah

Speedah

You don't have to thank me for supporting a fact, you know what you are doing, most people here don't even have the slidest clue. And thanks for the compliment.

17. Speedah

Speedah

Newest model finished for my game, a Pagani Zonda C12. I will be creating around 4 more different types of this car plus a very special one which I came up with! Here's a peek at the car:

Hope you like it, now I will be finishing a Lamborghini Reventon I started a week ago.

18. r33lwhiteboy

r33lwhiteboy

Well thanks.

19. JogwithAJ

JogwithAJ

Can we see a wireframe of these models? and the poly and tris count of these models, please?

20. Speedah

Speedah

That will be added on my website, but I will show you 2 of them up there:

Polygons: 15376 / Vertices: 12064 - Koenigsegg CCX

Polygons: 19076 / Vertices: 14743 - Pagani Zonda C12 (Just finished today.)

All the models have from 10,000 to 20,000 polygons with full interior included, along with any extra detail such as a visible rear engine (like the Saleen S7 has).

21. carking1996

carking1996

Btw, did you just say that the bottom image was your game or car? I recognized it. Its nfs hot pursuit,

22. Speedah

Speedah

You should seriously read my post... I clearly wrote:

This is the McLaren in Hot Pursuit:

How can you confuse my McLaren F1 GT:

With Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit McLaren F1:

The problem seems to be that there is practically no car projects going on in this website so I guess 90% of you people don't know your cars. Along with that, it is obvious the bottom car in the 2 pictures I placed are from NFS: Hot Pursuit because the license plate on them is ND4SD.

It would be nice if you people actually paid attention to what you are reading before you type something down....

23. rextr09

rextr09

These models seems to come from a professional hand. Do you have a portfolio of the models that you created other than these cars?

24. carking1996

carking1996

Dude, I do know my cars. I've been making car games for years and know basically every car there is to know. I just wanted to be clarified about what you are saying. My bad if what I said wasn't correct..

25. Speedah

Speedah

Of course, I am a professional 3D modeler that specialize in cars and I originally create very highly detailed and high polygon cars for car manufactures to use in ads, commercials, magazines, and movies. I am known as "Sixt" on the internet, this is my portfolio: http://www.3d02.com/3d_models_Sixt_2986.aspx

Those models I have created are way to high in polygon to use in my game, so I have to rebuild them all at a lower scale.

(I posted this on another thread sense I was asked close to the same question.)

Actually, I think you got confused by what I wrote under the 2 images that said:
    "Doesn't look anything like mine above."

I really meant MY Mclaren ABOVE on the 1st post of this thread. Not the picture under the black McLaren.

I think it was my fault that made you think such a thing. But it's all good, I myself should clarify more.

26. Speedah

Speedah

And on that note, the newest addition to my game, based on my higher polygon version of it;

27. carking1996

carking1996

I like it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.