Search Unity

"unfortunately unity project has stopped"

Discussion in 'Android' started by dutch, Apr 11, 2012.

1. dutch

dutch

I have deployed my first unity project to an android emulator and continuously receive this error when I try to start it. I am using unity 3.5.0f5, my project is just a skybox, camera, and cube. I had a light source but removed it. Here are the errors from my log cat

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  2. dutch

dutch

damn it I spent all day yesterday trying to figure this out and 5 minutes after I make a post in this forum I figured it out. I had to switch my graphics level to "Open GL ES 1.x"

3. Tseng

Tseng

Do
    not
    use
    the
    emulator
    for
    testing
    Unity3d
    games.

Get a real device, emulator is of no use (unless you make classical Android Apps in Java)!

4. dutch

dutch

I have 2 android phones, but I can't deploy directly to them from unity because unity requires android4.0 or higher to deploy straight to a device. Unless their is something I am missing here? So once my app successfully deploys to my emulator I install it on one of my phones.

5. Tseng

Tseng

Build Target != min SDK/Version required

Unity needs to build against the 4.0 SDK (Api 15 iirc), in order to be able to use the features which exist in newer versions. If unity would be building against 2.1 for example, it would not be able to use advanced features available in 2.2+ devices. When unity builds against 4.0 it can use this features if available and not use them when it runs on older device.

The min version required determinates the minimum OS version in order to run, while the build target determinates the features that can be used.

6. Saulleg

Saulleg

if anyone have this problem, I resolved activating "Use host GPU" in the VM preferences.

7. faraz

faraz

didnt worked. i still have this error