Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Reminder: Submit Your Unity 12 Speaking Proposals by April 20th!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MatthewW, Apr 11, 2012.

1. MatthewW

MatthewW

Interested in speaking at Unite 12 this year? Make sure you submit your speaking proposals before April 20th: http://unite2012.unityproposals.com/

We split content planning for Unite right down the middle: Half the sessions come from Unity itself, to talk about the future (Wish List session, for instance) or to share super-technical info (hardcore engineering or a demo of a just-launched feature set).

The other half of the sessions are reserved for content from the community. We love having developers share their experiences with Unity, either in project postmortem form or technical sessions zeroing in some specific challenge and solution. If your team is butting up against the limits of Unity, and living to tell the tale, we'd love for you to share that story with the rest of the community!

There are benefits to speaking, of course--free passes, VIP treatment--but really we're looking for people who are passionate about educating the community as a whole.

I’m wrangling submitted content again this year. I'm happy to answer any questions, either here in the thread or directly via email if it’s sensitive (mwegner@unity3d.com).

2. JFFM

JFFM

Hi @Matthew,

Just looking at the submission form - am I correct in assuming the attachments (videos, documents) are to be of the proposed presentation?
    What level of finalization is expected at the first stage of submission?

Thanks in advance - exciting business!

JFFM

3. MatthewW

MatthewW

The presentations don't need to be final, in terms of what you would actually present on stage, but they should definitely be structurally similar (it should hit all the major points even if you refine the exact delivery later).

Accepted talks will go through a round of revisions, so don't worry too much about getting things 100% right now!