Search Unity

Rogue of the Sea - Pirate, Ship Vs Ship, Free Roam - W.I.P

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by OmegaGames, Apr 8, 2012.

1. OmegaGames

OmegaGames

Rogue of the Sea is a ship vs ship RTS hybrid that allows players to explore the game world while taking up various land and sea based missions in the process. The game is currently in its pre-alpha stage but we will be posting updates regularly to keep you all informed of what's going on. We will also be posting demos, character model clips and concept art to give the community and idea of what the game will look and feel like. Our goal is to inspire originality back into the unity community. We hope that you will give us feedback on our work, we are looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank You.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  2. OmegaGames

OmegaGames

Randel Garr:

Unity Rendered Pirate Island Buildings

We value your feedback.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  3. OmniverseProduct

OmniverseProduct

The pictures are too dark. Is there any way you can lighten them up.

4. OmegaGames

OmegaGames

Which one? The models or the Concept Art. Because all of them have been adjusted so that they fit with the logos, lighting levels.

5. OmniverseProduct

OmniverseProduct

all of them but mainly the models.

6. OmniverseProduct

OmniverseProduct

looks a lot better. I don't know if you fixed it or not. I was on an old glitchy computer when I had that problem. Looks great so far. One thing I do suggest is to brighten the lettering on your logo "Rogue of the Sea." the bottom parts of the lettering seem nonexistent and I think that's just because it is a little too dark. Other than that, good job so far.

7. Heu

Heu

That character looks extremely like the "Gangplank" from league of legends if I say so myself.

8. vivalarosa

vivalarosa

Heu is correct, Omega you're in copyright violation of 'Gangplank' from the League of legends franchise, for onlookers i've posted official art of gangplank below, as you can see Omega has cropped gangplank out of the original art and has made slight alterations.

Remove it Omega or i'll contact a moderator to do so.

9. OmniverseProduct

OmniverseProduct

Well doesn't that just beat all. I wasn't expecting that, to be honest.

10. Meltdown

Meltdown

Shocking!

Taking art from another game and calling it your own 'concept art'.

11. OmegaGames

OmegaGames

I'm word less, my concept artist made this and said he did it. I will have a word with him then. Sorry for this.

I have added, the one that I know he did, but all I can say that, I myself am shocked that a concept artist would rob someone else's work and proclaim it there's and not even tell me when I said I was going to upload it, again sorry for the in convince.

12. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Thanks for removing the problem image, OmegaGames! I see that you have new image in its place.

It's tough to be on top of all of the art out there. Just be careful who you deal with.

Remember "Research" and "Concept Art" are very close to each other, and concept art when used internally is very different from what gets posted in public, especially when it implies ownership or creation. When checking with your artist, just make sure that the art is intended for public consumption rather than internal use only.

13. OmegaGames

OmegaGames

Indeed and I hope everyone Will take into consideration, that I myself did not know that the concept artist had ripped it from a different game. I am sorry for any inconvince and I hope that this thread can start a new. As I will be watching over all art creation process, so that I myself will know that they did.

Regards,
    Sean.

14. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Gathering images and reference is a very common to all forms of development - theater, films, television, games - and it's a basic part of the design process. What I do when I'm looking for reference or temp material is save everything I download into a database (I use filemaker pro), but a spreadsheet or maybe even a google doc would help... To be honest I save many of my purchased materials to the db as well. I save the reference item, the actual URL of the item, the page URL/site/host, basic license info, and finally a field of keywords for searching/category. This way I not only have easy access of all of my objects, I have a reference to where I found or purchased the item and a reference to the license and other information.

It's easy to snag something knowing it's temp and then later forget where it came from - which in not a good thing.

Keeping track of your material in a searchable manner is a good thing.

15. OmegaGames

OmegaGames

New Concept art of our Main character:

We decided to move away from the typical pirate look, please give feedback on anything that looks good and stuff we may change.

We are also open to people adding in any of their ideas into the game, credit will be given. As we are always open for ideas and ways to improve our development.

Sean.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  16. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

use this:

17. ZaGames

ZaGames

What do you want to say with that?

18. OmegaGames

OmegaGames

Indeed, what is that supposed to mean?

19. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Full credit for *that* image goes to Three Rings with their game "Puzzle Pirates".

My icon is the image of my character from Puzzle Pirates, tho' I've not played in many a long year ...

But I still have an up-to-date copy!

Check out this link re: the gallery.

Here are a few pics from mine:

Try it out! It's a great game and a unique concept.

20. Exclipse

Exclipse

Is this a single player game? Or some type of multiplayer game? Any website? I am interested, as I have always had a thing for working on games involving ships and pirate types. But your info is very limited.

21. OmegaGames

OmegaGames

Indeed i am going to re-edit the OP, but yes it is a single player game. With an RTS movement system in ship battles and 3rd person mode when out on the islands.

Off Topic: We are still recruiting, but we no longer have a recruitment thread and we are now only looking for modelers, this is just a note.