Search Unity

Japanese Crosswords by Wolf Games

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by WolfGames, Apr 7, 2012.

1. WolfGames

WolfGames

Japanese Crosswords

Decipher the encrypted pictures of this fascinating puzzle made up in best Japanese traditions. Nice graphics and accompanying music add specific entourage to the game.
    Japanese crossword is a kind of puzzle differs from usual crosswords in deciphering pictures instead of words. The numbers above and on the left indicate the quantity of colored cells across and down accordingly. For example, numbers 4 3 1 mean that there are groups of 3 and 4 colored squares and one colored square. Between the groups there must be at least one blank square.

The main features:
    • Beautiful pictures
    • Relaxing music
    • 60 exciting levels of different complexity
    • Simple interface and easy control
    • The game stimulates memory and brain activity
    • It is suitable for beginners as well as for advanced players.

iPhone free: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/japanese-crosswords/id504940897
    iPad free: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/japanese-crossword-hd/id514383896

2. AVividLight

AVividLight

Hey Wolf Games,

I really like the art style and basic concept, but to be honest with you, I still haven't figured out how it works. I think you should work on the tutorial so that it explains how to play a little better. Maybe you could add an animated video (doesn't need to be animated) of how to beat a level. And, my only other comments would be to smoothen the sliding of pages, and fix a few bugs in the english text (a few grammar errors, and a few places that could be "smoother").

I hope I'm not coming off as harsh, because I really do like the game, and want you to succeed. If you fix the few things I mentioned, I think your game could get really popular. Also, I think you should add a Japanese version, to expand your market, and for authenticity.

All the best - Gibson

3. p6r

p6r

Wonderful graphics !!!

6R

4. WolfGames

WolfGames

Thank you. Please tell me exactly where the grammatical errors? :)
    It is described in detail how to play it. On the first indicators that the game does not seem to be successful. Game downloaded so far only 500 people that gave me $ 2 :))))
    Interpreter for the Japanese language are hard to find :)
    Also you can look tutorial here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_crossword
    All the mistakes we will fix in future versions.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  5. JRavey

JRavey

6. JRavey

JRavey

One little bug I noted, when you start it says level 1 is already completed.

Still, good job. It's a nice simple game with great presentation. That it's released puts you very much in the minority of indie/small game developers.

7. WolfGames

WolfGames

Thanks.. Yes i know it :) soon i'll create more levels and fix bugs.

8. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

ahh I love puzzle games, suduko, crosswords, whatever the hell that game is, throw it at me! looks awesome

9. WolfGames

WolfGames

Thanks... Look one more to our game, I'm sorry that sales were terrible.

Crazy Cats Love

10. JRavey

JRavey

If you do a Japanese release, you have to be able to support it. Also, you'll need the full description in Japanese as well as the updates' changes listed in every localized language.

11. Patapouffe

Patapouffe

It looks nice. I haven't tried it on the ios yet but will. One suggestion about the trailer; I think you could benefit from a better english translation. Some of it sounds odd the way it is written.

Here are some suggestions for improving some of the lines in the video :

"It'll be easy to understand for you how to play" -> You don't really need the "It'll be". You don't use the future tense previously so it doesn't make sense to have that in there at that point. They know you are talking to the player so no need to use " for you". It should be "Easy to understand how to play". Personally I would pick something better and more convincing like : "Easy to pick-up and play" which implies its easy to learn.

"develop thinking and getting the pleasure" -> should be something like "Develop your brain while having fun"

"Let's play the new Wolf Games's game" -> Having two "game" in a row sounds extremely awkward. I would go with "Let's Play Wolf Games's newest creation" or just have "A game made by WolfGames". There are many possibilities.

With the cat-game video. "Help them to be together !" should remove the "to" so it will be "Help them be together". Although I would say something different like "help them reunite" or something along those lines. Ask for help from some native english speaker.

Also its " Japanese Crosswords" so yours is missing an "e" in that logo. It would be nice to have the logo appear somewhere in the trailer too.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  12. WolfGames

WolfGames

BIG Thanks. :)

13. WolfGames

WolfGames

We introduce a following list of corrections. Please let us know if you find anything wrong. If anyone can help with translations into other languages, please contact me (Skype name: mrwolf07 or PM)

1) If there are many squares on the screen it is difficult to count them, that is why I make a small separation.
    2) To make separation borders clearer for 5 squares
    3) To fix the bug after the first level is complete
    4) More levels
    5) More languages (native English speakers, please help us with correction)
    6) To create closer camera zoom for iPhone
    7) The following sentences must be changed (the variant after ‘=’ is final)

It'll be easy to understand for you how to play = Easy to understand how to play
    develop thinking and getting the pleasure = Develop your brain while having fun
    Let's play the new Wolf Games's game = Let's Play Wolf Games's newest creation

8) To correct the game logo (to add a letter ‘e’)
    9) To create a window for comments on the game

If you notice some more mistakes, please contact me and I will correct them in future releases. Thank you very much for your help.

14. WolfGames

WolfGames

15. WolfGames

WolfGames

Update 1.1
    1) Save and load levels progress
    2) 80 new puzzles (we updated all levels)
    3) Tips (you can use button for tips)
    4) The system of generation levels from the picture
    5) New game icon
    6) New cell texture
    7) Download new levels from our server

16. WolfGames

WolfGames