Unity Community

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

1. Location
    Rochester NY
    the AI Engine is looking pretty awesome, still needs a few tweaks here an there such as the transition from attacking to chasing again, i attempted to use mixtransform which worked essentially but there is no transition AI state i should probably work out some transition states to make things smoother, the only issues i found with mixtransform is with certain characters and their animations, the leg animations are part of the attack animations so it makes the attack animations look really odd.

2. Location
    Rochester NY
    Hey guys, if you were previously subscribed to our old youtube channel please resub to our new channel as we have switched over to a new channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/LegacyOnlineEnt

Thanks and i hope everyone is having a great weekend!

3. Location
    Rochester NY
    Todays Update:

I have been a busy bee all weekend, I have polished off AI melee combat including the following:

- Attacking with multiple attack animations.
    - Targeting and Retargeting working flawlessly including range checks to see if the AI has gone too far from home or the target has gone too far from it.
    - Full support for stats.
    - Ability to attack and deal damage to both players and NPC's without having to identify if it is a player or another AI(everything works seamlessly and the only check for a player is under the death function as player death is different from AI death.)
    - Full support for different damage schools such as frost etc.
    - Full support for Death (AI die and their bodies stay for a period of time that was passed in and then it will send a message to the respawn handler to manage its respawn.)
    - AI Dynamically choose their targets if they have multiple enemys.
    - Full support for Faction based targeting and for friendly factions.

Next updates for AI include ranged style combat which will include magic and the request help and flee behaviours will be completed.

Other things i did over the weekend were rethinking the login logic. I decided against having an ingame registration, i may add it back in the future just for testing purposes so we do not have to create a registration webpage to register but for now we simply manage the database and add the information we need. We have switched from RIAK to using MS Sql Server 2012 as riak just does not seem as secure.

Also we have some good news from MuchDifferent the people who developed uLink. I got an email responding to our license inquiry from the CEO of much different. It looks like some really good news. I will update you guys when and if it is official .
    Team Lead | Project Lead | Systems Designer and Programmer | Graphical Artist | and Scene Designer of Legacy Online Entertainment's Rise of Guardian's

4. Posts
    I see the project, It is genial and increible, but the ship looks strangly...
    And some mountains can be more height.

Graphically is impresionant, I like to see a video of the project.

Wong Wong!!

I didn't understand any of that ^

Anyways I like the project going well.

6. Location
    Rochester NY
    Quote Originally Posted by Rya View Post
    I didn't understand any of that ^

Anyways I like the project going well.
    Thank you for the compliment

Quote Originally Posted by Clark-CLK View Post
    I see the project, It is genial and increible, but the ship looks strangly...
    And some mountains can be more height.

Graphically is impresionant, I like to see a video of the project.

Wong Wong!!
    Thanks for the compliment, the ship is a placeholder model and that is currently just an old scene that i was using to test out some things and was mainly used for showcase. There is a video on the first post .
    Team Lead | Project Lead | Systems Designer and Programmer | Graphical Artist | and Scene Designer of Legacy Online Entertainment's Rise of Guardian's

7. Location
    Rochester NY
    Todays Update:

Last night was a pretty busy night for me, I really was not able to do much work on the game in general aside from making the AI demo scene very pretty . I am getting ready to put together our 2nd preview video so i needed to create a detailed AI demo scene to showcase the preview. I may do a video showcasing how easy it is to setup an ai agent in our game later on . I will try to get together a preview video soon of maybe one of the starting zones and some networking stuff after the AI video is complete. I am working steady on everything and am awaiting a response from MuchDifferent's CEO about the email he sent me the other day .

8. Location
    Hungary
    Hello!

Do you need C#/JS proggrammers? I have some networking experience (mostly with java but used smartfox server with unity). I can also do game functionality other than networking too. I can post a complete portfolio if you need programmers.

Thanks, Laxika

9. Location
    Rochester NY
    Quote Originally Posted by laxika View Post
    Hello!

Do you need C#/JS proggrammers? I have some networking experience (mostly with java but used smartfox server with unity). I can also do game functionality other than networking too. I can post a complete portfolio if you need programmers.

Thanks, Laxika
    Hello Laxika, Please send me a pm with some examples i would love to see what you can do, Thank you .

10. Posts
    looks great, i like the 2 playable characters shown. it looks ambitious, but you seem to have alot of dedication to see it to the end, so thats the difference between this and "ideas" that are on here most of the time. Bravo.

11. Location
    Rochester NY
    Quote Originally Posted by SirenPro View Post
    looks great, i like the 2 playable characters shown. it looks ambitious, but you seem to have alot of dedication to see it to the end, so thats the difference between this and "ideas" that are on here most of the time. Bravo.
    Thank you for the compliment and the support .

12. Location
    Hungary
    Quote Originally Posted by Efraser2007 View Post
    Hello Laxika, Please send me a pm with some examples i would love to see what you can do, Thank you .
    Hello!

I made an example pretty fast, sent it in PM. I can make it much better if needed in the next few days.

Thanks, Laxika

13. Location
    Rochester NY
    Todays Update:

Worked all weekend on fleshing out a projectile system that works for both AI and players. Currently I have realistic arrow physics down and i have added the ability for AI to miss by altering the direction and force being applied to the arrow. The Projectile system is fleshed out and works perfect with the AI Engine I wrote. Things coming next include magic projectile physics and splash damage .

Here are a couple of pictures from a demo scene i was using to test out the projectile system:
    Attached Images     

14. Location
    Rochester NY
    Todays Update:

Today I polished off the projectile system and added support for arrows only affecting unfriendly targets(since they use real physics ), support for ai automatically registering the target that shot the arrow that hit them as an enemy and if they dont have a target will register them as a target. I also added support for combat idle states as it looked a little wierd watching them pop into their regular idle states haha. Here are some pictures of both melee and ranged ai all fighting each other:

Last edited by Efraser2007; 04-24-2012 at 06:10 PM.

Almost everything you have currently is in the asset store, just saying.

16. Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Isn't that why the asset store exists?

17. Location
    Rochester NY
    Rya... I have already stated that the models are from dexsoft, arteria, and 3dfoin. I have stated that most of them are placeholders as with any other game in development you use them until you obtain the final art assets to replace them. Everything in these pictures was programmed by me aside from unistorm terrain mapper(which is just used to generate some nice texture blending and detail mesh/tree placement), and obviously NGUI which is a UI Engine... I think i have a right to show off my own work using assets that i have purchased from the asset store and 3d model stores that is what they are there for correct? I am not a 3d artist i can only do photoshop graphics and some static modeling i am a systems designer and programmer... Yes i use AI Behaviour trees from Behave but at the moment it is only used as an organized state machine to tick the AI all of the behaviours and all of the projectile system etc was written custom and designed by me...

18. Location
    Rochester NY
    Some updated images on the AI Demo Scene to be featured in the next preview video its not done yet but soon

Pictures:

19. Location
    Rochester NY
    And More pics haha:

20. Posts
    This is amazing. Ive been looking all over the forums for an actual company in which knows what there doing! I was wanting to join you're company as a concept artist and a coder (Java, C#, and Unity Script). I can't do to much coding since ive only had about 7-8 months of experience with it. But I would love to do concept art. Art is my main talent, and I love to do it. Contact me on Skype: ulrics.fate and we can talk further more on this subject. Thanks!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast