Search Unity

Children's Playground

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by jemast, Apr 6, 2012.

1. jemast

jemast

Hello,

We are jemast software, a small indie development studio. We’d like to share our latest release with you: Children’s Playground. It is a collection of simple yet fun and engaging mini-games in a colorful and enchanting environment. It is our first game release using the Unity engine and we are very enthusiastic about the possibilities offered by this tool. There are five mini-games to play from, which goals include: training your memory with color pencils and inks, expressing your creativity by drawing anything on a whiteboard, unleashing your power and shooting targets spread across the room, practicing your piloting skills while chasing up the stars and exercising you dexterity by going through a tricky labyrinth.

If you’d like to learn more about Children’s Playground, head to our game page.

It is available for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad on the iOS App Store.

It is available for Macintosh computers on the Mac App Store.

It is also available for free on a wide variety of Android smartphones and tablets through Google Play and Amazon App Store.

This game features some of the amazing assets from the community, including: MegaFiers by SpookyCat, EZGUI SpriteManager by Brady from AnBSoft as well as a few substances from Allegorithmic.

Feel free to check out our other games, apps and Unity assets on our website.

Many thanks to the awesome Unity community!

jemast software

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  2. softwizz

softwizz

That is excellent, I spent a good amount of time playing the games. I like the game menu system and the way the camera moves to each games instruction.

Awesome work.

I wanted to be able to shoot anything with the tank :-(

3. jemast

jemast

Thanks for your warm comments! Yeah we would have loved to make a lot of live physics elements for the tank game but they are quite costly on mobile devices and we already had a hard time squeezing performance on some devices.

By the way, I forgot to give a few promo codes to the community for the iOS and Mac OS version. So here you go:

Mac OS X Promo codes:

HW3KL97WFNK7
    T6HHMT74RRAP
    TLL93XPA7RRR
    M4HKR3WPWEK9
    YXXNR9AXLJLL
    XTM7KPMW9RTN
    L7FXF9HN6WNF
    WTAYN3MK6RRT
    39YHANPTF3A9
    K3W67R473KXW

iOS Promo codes:

JAXT7LXJF6MM
    PY44NLKAYWMW
    73EKRJTXWN6K
    YJFFXP9KL4WH
    WJK7MHMWRREY
    X67JXJXNN4PA
    TKJYT4FHARHH
    4EKX9469NFE6
    E7HNPYK69K4W
    7MHTWEWMP9H3

Let me know when they're used so I can clear the list. And feel free to give us feedback and criticism, we think there's a lot of room for improvement but we'd like to hear what you think.

4. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Excellent, really well done :)

5. CaptainSoiFon

CaptainSoiFon

I love the look of the graphics, I must get round to playing this.

6. Betelgeuze

Betelgeuze

Thanks for the promo codes! I used the one that starts with 73E...

I really liked what you did with the game, great visuals and nice variation in mini-games! the controls where a bit hard sometimes, especially when you have to fly, and trive the tank, maybe you can tweak it a bit?

7. jemast

jemast

Shame on me, this game obviously features some tremendous work by the community, including: MegaFiers by SpookyCat, EZGUI SpriteManager by Brady from AnBSoft as well as a few substances from Allegorithmic.

I'll edit the opening post right away to mention that...

@Betelgeuze We've received feedback about the controls and that's something we're most probably going to tweak (and may be add some assist for the plane).

We've also received feedback for the music, I guess we could have used something more modern. My researches for modern kid/playful music didn't turn out successful but I guess I didn't look thoroughly enough.

8. pensaer

pensaer

no windows versionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn?!

9. jemast

jemast

Yes that's right, we did release on Windows with Intel App Store (which tanked and was closed recently). We're looking into Windows Store, we just need to clear some time and it requires some additional work as Windows Store devices can support both touch and keyboard/mouse.

I'm not sure we'll release outside of Windows Store (so Windows 8+ is unfortunately a requirement) as selling without a third-party generally means a boatload of administrative and fiscal declaration burden that's just too much for us. All in all, it was our first Unity game and its quite small scale but we're happy with it. Now we just need to stop being dragged along by unrelated work and start working on our new game. :)

10. The smooth gamemaker

The smooth gamemaker

can you put the proper links? your links show an error

here are the proper links -

the playstore link
    the game page link
    the macapp and ios store links work properly
    The photo links also work properly

is there a trial version for this game?