Unity Community

1. Posts

Error building Player: ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists

I'm trying to build and run the game on my android device but it fails every time.

Error building Player: ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

(Filename: Line: -1)

2. Location
    Meredith, NH USA
    Hi,

My advice is start with a new project and try testing your device. If it doesn't work there is some non-normal issue.

Mike
    Think for yourself or someone else will.

http://www.teotigraphix.com
    Specialize in Modeling, Unity3D, Audio and Native Android
    Did Flash/Flex and ActionScript for 10 years, thought it was time to move on

3. Posts
    I just tried with an empty scene and it builds fine, creating the apk. However when I say build and run it fails and gives me the same error.

I've left all the Player Settings at default except for the Bundle Identifier.

My Unity is updated and I'm using the standard license for Android. I'm also using a mac.

I manually pushed the apk to the device and tried to run it but it says the application is corrupt.
    Last edited by DreamEnder; 04-03-2012 at 11:30 AM.

4. Posts
    I just found out that the android device (Ainol Novo 7 Paladin) I'm trying to deploy to uses MIPs instead of ARM. I think that could be the problem.

I found the same error message when using HTC One V. It seems to be the result of bad error checking in Unity and basically means "something changed under the hood while I was trying to build and deploy the APK".

The cause for me was that the HTC Sync Manager was getting in the way, taking the connection away from ADB. I needed to install the HTC Sync Manager to get the USB Driver, but then needed to uninstall the actual Sync manager.