Search Unity

BackHoe Loader Prefab

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by BlackMantis, Apr 2, 2012.

1. BlackMantis

BlackMantis

This BackHoe Loader Prefab was a lot of fun to create, and has generated a lot of response from my testers.

Features : :)

Operate all parts of the loader and backhoe by key input or gui slider. Several parts can move all at once without effecting performance.

The treds are a separate prefab with animated UV scrolling, that can be added to other vehicles with ease. Uses wheel colliders.

Includes a sweet fully featured wow style camera with several camera locking options, and updated collision detection with auto positioning in front of those collisions. Checks collision by tag name.

The Main Motor script class is ready to add to any other types of vehicles that have moving parts. It's easy to understand and with a few adjustments can outfit translation instead of rotation (ie) for a crane or forklift.

Try The Demo Click Here

Attached Files:

• $000.png
      $000.png
      File size:
      847.7 KB
      Views:
    • $1111.png
      $1111.png
      File size:
      901.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  2. bigmisterb

bigmisterb

Decently executed. The only problem I have in in the physics. I think your using mathematics to control the buckets so if you move them fast via the manual mode it will flip the box through the buckets. Consider Lerping to the new position rather than setting it via the slider. I did not see the same problem with the keys though since they move slower.

Next the problem is where the boxes have no weight, so they flip around easily. Couple this with no friction on the buckets, and they will slide around inside the bucket until they flip out of it.Weight and friction would hold it in place. (friction on both the bucket and boxes would do it.)

3. BlackMantis

BlackMantis

@ BigMisterB, Thanks for the tips. The friction of the surface material is really a good idea.

4. shubhamshetkar25

shubhamshetkar25

hi, @BlackMantis can you tell me how to lift mud from ground with loader?